Grades

For everyone who ever went to school or is in school now, how are/were your grades?

• Straight-A's. Uh-huh. I am one smart cookie!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly A's with the occasional B. I'm still really smart!

• A nice blend of A's and B's. I'm smart, but not a geek!

• Mostly B's, but every now and then an A. Not the best in my class, but hey.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • B's. Period. I get B's.

• Usually B's, but sometimes I slip and get a C. Eww...

• Mostly C's. But at my peak I can get a B!

• C's and D's. You know 'C' is considered average, right?

• Lemme just say... well... D's and F's.

• I am a failure! *sniffs* F's! I get nothing but F's!

• Total voters
I get straight-A's :angelic:. I just think school is really important if you plan to succeed in life, you know? I take it a lot more seriously than most people.

You *may* even be able to call me somewhat of a geek :geek:!

School isn't the only thing that you need to succeed in life. There are some people who have succeeded in life and didn't do well at school. Life is multi-faceted and is quite different when you're roaming that big world outside of school.

It also should be noted that it depends on how you define 'success'.

My brother didn't do very good in school. He was like the class clown type. But he's now 27 and one of the nicest guys! He also has a really good job too. Me on the other hand, i get decent grades. A's and B's, sometimes C's. I don't go straight home everyday and do my homework, i enjoy my life as much as i can.

I voted, 'Mostly B's, but every now and then an A. Not the best in my class, but hey.' Really, I usually get A's and B's and maybe 1 C or D, and that's always in math.

jess said:
School isn't the only thing that you need to succeed in life.  There are some people who have succeeded in life and didn't do well at school.  Life is multi-faceted and is quite different when you're roaming that big world outside of school.

It also should be noted that it depends on how you define 'success'.
[post="982212"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I would certainly consider myself successful at this time (I'm only 14, peeps). And I would ABSOLUTELY owe this to my schooling.

Sure, you don't HAVE to do well in school to become successful, but it certainly helps. That's what high schools and colleges look at, you know? Grades. And in the real world, you sometimes have to be educated in order to get the job you want. Take doctors, lawyers, accountants, teachers, etc.

I guess some actors and such don't have a great education and definitely do well for themselves.

Personally, I want to be a movie director when I grow up. I know I'm aiming high, but I really want to do it and I feel that I have the ambition and skills to do it. I pretty much have my life planned out right now, and I hope to follow it to the end. If I don't succeed, oh well. You only live once, right? And you have to live life to its fullest and try your best. It's why I work so hard during the school year.

Mostly B's. Or C's. And sometimes A's. But lets just forget about that, ahem, F my Sociology teacher gave me for my teacher assesment. Hey! Don't judge. I got A* on the next essay we did.
Nice poit, Jess, and I am very jealous of you avatar at this moment!

~A nice blend of A's and B's. I'm smart, but not a geek!~

yeha i dont care much aoubt school its my parntents that make me get good grades but they want me to do better
me im more intreseted in sports so its hard to keep my grades up when im in tons of ports that y my grades ant that good

I voted mostly A's with the occasional B. Did get straight As through high school. But then when college started, my priorities shifted, and I wsa more involved with school politics, news papers, and other extra cirricular activities. I'm a geek at heart, but thankfully over the years I've developed the communicatoins skills necessary to get my point across, which is so critical in the workplace. My job these days require me to communicate with both internal groups and external customers. I can't tell you just how important it is to be able to speak clearly, and to write clearly.

I get mostly A's, and like 3 B's the entire year. The funny thing is, I don't pay attentin class, and I just goof around. I don't do any work at school, I just bring it home for homework. I get all A's on my tests and on me homework. I got 3 B's this year, and that was from the stupid teachers who hated my sister, so they hate me. They're like "Oh, you're Karin's sister! I have to watch out for you..." and then they give me 79.9's and I was like "You just couldn't ad that 1 little point, could you" Agh! I hate the teachers at my school. Thankfully this year, all the teachers who hated me have either retired, or switched schools.

Mostly A's with the occasional B. One time I took "Art History" in high school. I never study that before. We had to take a test and when he gave the test back to us. I looked at it. "What the? Why an f?" :blink: That was the first time I had ever gotten an "F" and the last time. :lol: :angelic:

yup a nice blend of As and Bs. it just depended on how much work i could be bothered to do. i think i would have been a sraight A student if i wasn't so lazy. :lol:

Straight A's. I'm not a total geek. I do really well, and I do all the extra credit and that, but I still hang with the "cool" kids and have their respect. I'm not geek. I don't obsess over school, I obsess over Alias. Because, I just do my best and I just happen to get A's. I don't care so much.

mystery_chick said:
I dunno. what's the numero value of an A? ;)
--mandy :angelic:
[post="982747"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

u mean like percentage? like an A is 90-100%
or do you mean like on a GPA scale like an A is a 4.0
:thinking: :confused:

Tenderbear said:
I would certainly consider myself successful at this time (I'm only 14, peeps). And I would ABSOLUTELY owe this to my schooling.

Sure, you don't HAVE to do well in school to become successful, but it certainly helps. That's what high schools and colleges look at, you know? Grades. And in the real world, you sometimes have to be educated in order to get the job you want. Take doctors, lawyers, accountants, teachers, etc.
[post="982350"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I said before, it depends on how you define success. Its not only about being a lawyer or a doctor or an accountant. They're the typical jobs people define as "successful", but how many people can be a doctor or a lawyer? More importantly, how many people want to be a doctor or a lawyer?

I guess some actors and such don't have a great education and definitely do well for themselves.

From memory Natalie Portman (from Star wars) is studying at Harvad and JG was going to major in chemistry before choosing to act instead. Its interesting how you mentioned "actors and such" when naming those who lack substantial education...

Personally, I want to be a movie director when I grow up. I know I'm aiming high, but I really want to do it and I feel that I have the ambition and skills to do it. I pretty much have my life planned out right now, and I hope to follow it to the end. If I don't succeed, oh well. You only live once, right? And you have to live life to its fullest and try your best. It's why I work so hard during the school year.

Aim high, aim low. Its good that you have at least some kind of aim.

I noticed you're all smart cookies :P Or are those who don't have high grades a bit hesitant to proclaim their mark, which I don't blame you for doing...

Back