Granado Espada

It seems they're starting the closed beta testing for this. I've got an invite but I can't get the mirror sites to work. Not surprising as it seems this is a game for Singapore and surrounding countries only (which I didn't realise till now, oops).

Anyway, I'm going to give it a try if I can get it downloaded.

Their site is very heavy in graphics.

Basically... it's an mmorpg where you play three chars at once, you group your little family with other players to do the usual mmo thing.

What draws me is: 1. You play three chars at once. 2. The era and graphics are interesting and stunning.

We'll see how the game play goes.

Their site is very heavy in graphics.

Basically... it's an mmorpg where you play three chars at once, you group your little family with other players to do the usual mmo thing.

What draws me is: 1. You play three chars at once. 2. The era and graphics are interesting and stunning.

We'll see how the game play goes.

This article probably has the most info so far about gameplay:

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/759/759212p1.html

This excerpt strikes me as particularly interesting:

"Sword of the New World is VERY combat-oriented; if you're not killing a monster every few seconds, your not killing fast enough. The game really emphasizes area of effect damage dealers, with every class having an ability that allows it to deal significant damage to large groups of monsters.

The game isn't designed to take 60 seconds to kill one monster, collect its loot and move to the next one; it's designed to kill 100 monsters in that 60, and then spend the next 60 collecting all the loot that dropped."

Factions

Players can form more permanent groups called factions. If a faction is powerful and rich enough, it can declare war on another faction, opening up colony wars and PK opportunities.

Dueling and PvP

Version 1.8.23 sports arena style dueling and PvP. Current PvP holds up to four families per team fighting in a two-team death match. Factions at war can hold Colony Wars in designated map areas.

http://ge.iahgames.com/en/thegame/?sec=3&ssec=21

Beta forums appear to be public, which is rather unusual.

http://ge.iahgames.com/forums/default.asp

Stunning world... *swoon* Something every roleplayer should see.

Controlling three chars isn't what it seems. It's more like you've a multiclass character, rather than 3 separate chars. There is no clicking btwn the chars to use them (like you would if boxing accounts). Everything you need to run each char is right there on the keyboard... Q row is char 1, A row is char 2, Z row is char 3.

Eager to see the pvp in action.

I'm still low lvl but have to say the action is fast. I'm looking forward to my mid lvl skills so I can pull 50 mobs and see if I survive (yeah, I like dangerous gaming!)

I see why it won so many awards. It's certainly different.

Two annoying points so far:

No char selection so all look similar to start with. That changes to a degree later on I see.

No UI/keyboard customization. The game is too fun to make me quit over that fact. It's rare I'll touch a game now days that doesn't let me have total control.

If you like FF console series, roleplay, costumes, stunning graphics, fast game play... I'd say try the beta out.

I have NO idea how you managed to download this game, Seeria, I've tried for three days now and I've managed to download two parts only out of nine. Seems I'm not the only one in this boat though, so I think I'll wait until they get a more stable downloading system.

Back