Sci-Fi Grand Tour: Disaster in Time (1992) [aka: Timescape]

AlienView

StarGate Explorer
Title: Timescape

Genre: Science Fiction

Director: David Twohy

Cast: Jeff Daniels, Ariana Richards, Emilia Crow, Jim Haynie, Marilyn Lightstone, George Murdock, David Wells, Nicholas Guest, Robert Colbert, Mimi Craven, Garon Grigsby, Lori Lively

Release: 1992-05-09

Runtime: 99

Plot: Before they can complete renovations on their new inn, a father and daughter are visited by a woman seeking immediate lodging for her strange group of travelers.
Grand Tour: Disaster in Time (1992) [aka: Timescape]

Grand Tour: Disaster in Time {1992}

Time travelers and fellow believers take note - This film is for you - don't miss it. If your streaming service doesn't carry it rent or buy it.

Personally I like time travel sci-fi but most of it doesn't work and degenerates into unbelievable fantasy - there are some exceptions
- the good ones that seem plausible - this is one - "I'll Follow You Down" (2013) is another.

See you in the future.

From my blog:
UNIVERSAL SPACE ALIEN PEOPLES ASSOCIATION: SCIENCEFICTIONALISM the Religion of the FUTURE

I have been a fan of this movie long enough that I know it by it's original name, Timescape. (I updated the thread title with the 'aka'). For some reason it's one of the few time-travel movies that has stuck with me. I think because it is part disaster movie, part time-travel movie, part drama, and with a peculiar ending that it is why it has remained floating around my head.

If anybody hasn't seen it yet, I think it's worth tracking down. The 'Cliff Notes' description would be a group of travelers stay with a man & daughter who run a small 'bed & breakfast' and the lives of all are changed. The very final scene is a bit ambiguous that could have a few different arguable interpretations.

I just checked both Netflix and Amazon Prime and neither has it listed. YouTube :whistle:

Yes, one of the best time travel movies I've seen.

The ending might seem ambiguous but I will say that if you pay attention to the last few words it resolves and makes sense - I will say no more to avoid spoiling it for those yet to watch it.

Last I checked it is hear on YouTube

That other movie I mentioned {"I'll Follow You Down" {2013}} also works well - makes sense, has good drama and acting {co-stars Gillian Anderson from the X Files} and resolves logically

Here is the trailer for that one: