Graphics Card installation trouble

Daax

Cadet
I recently got a new computer and I'm trying to install this Nvidia Geforce FX 7300 GS into it. Everytime I try to put the card im my computer, my screen goes black even though I don't actually have my monitor hooked up to the card yet. And because of this, I can't put the card into my computer and download the drivers for it.

Any help?

I recently got a new computer and I'm trying to install this Nvidia Geforce FX 7300 GS into it. Everytime I try to put the card im my computer, my screen goes black even though I don't actually have my monitor hooked up to the card yet. And because of this, I can't put the card into my computer and download the drivers for it.

Any help?

top of my head is that it sounds like power or that you have another video card and it is conflicting with it. Pop the card in and put your monitor on the other video card that is in it? Or is there just 1 video port?

Make sure that it is correctly plugged in and that you have connected any extra power cables it might require (many video cards need a separate power cord). Also check to make sure your power supply meets the minimum power requirements for your video card.

Oh and one more thing. If you had another video card previously make sure you go to hardware manager in windows and disable it before trying to use your new video card.

/slaps her own face

Sorry I didn't read that properly.

To install a new video card:
1. Disable the old one and uninstall the old card's drivers.
2. Shut down your computer and unplug the old card. (unless your old card is integrated)
3. Plug in the new card and hook up your monitor to it.
4. Turn on your computer and download + install the drivers for your new card.

Back