Great Angel Episode Last Night

One of the best Spike/Angel moments ever at the end of last night's episode. When they do get along there's nothing more interesting to watch. Plus, how can you not love Andrew from last night? He was so hilarious in everythin he did. Sad to hear even Buffy doesn't trust Angel. She should know better.

I loved it. It was great hearing that Buffy doesn't trust Angel anymore now that he's with W&H. Makes sense. Andrew's reaction at seeing Spike alive was great! He's still totally in love with him! Do you really think he'll be able to resist telling Buffy that he's back? And the talk between Angel and Spike was great--nothing we didn't already know of course, but still great. Angel saw evil as art, but for Spike it was just the consequence of eat, drink, and be merry. Part of partying for him was taking risks and fighting, so he naturally left a wide swath of blood behind. But it would have been a surprise if Spike really had tortured the little girl because torture really tended to bore him--except maybe for the exception of torturing Angel!
;)

I loved the episode, too. And despite my other posting of not loving Andrew, I thought he was hilarious, especially when he saw Spike alive (the Frodo comment rocked!!) I don't think he'll be able to keep his mouth shut, Buffy will HAVE to know Spike is alive.

I am going to be completely geeky here and admit that I was so so sad (to the point of pathetic) to hear that Buffy doesn't trust Angel anymore. It may make sense,now that Angel has joined forces with W&H, but does it make ANY sense that the re-formed Watcher's Council is using some pretty darn similar techniques that Giles and Buffy so hated from the original?

I think they probably just threw that in to explain SMG's absence this season, in terms of the storyline. Now when (and if) she does come back, they'll have to resolve that issue before they can get all "groiny" again. (Of course, it depends on who she chooses to get groiny with - Angel or Spike. You know if she comes back at all, there'll most likely be a sex scene.)

"I see your senses are honed as well as your Viggo Mortensen pictorals."-Andrew
"Im stronger, faster, and 82% more manly"- Andrew
"Yes buffy a vampiiire slayer extaordinaire had her Lesbian Witch go witht he beaucoup de magique"- Andrew
"As they say in "mehico"... no we... wont let you"- Andrew
"Hello i have 12 vampiiire slayers behind me and not one of them has ever dated you"- Andrew

He truly is hilarious.

And when he said "demon" he made little horn gestures over the back of Fred's head...And he called her "attractive slender woman".... :lol:

Andrew- SPIKE!?
Spike- Oh for the love of...
Andrew- SPIKE!... Its really you... My therapist told me i was holding on to false hope, but i knew you'd come back you're like Gandalf the White rising from pit of the Balrog more beautiful than ever... *cries* he's alive Frodo... he's alive

Does it get much better than that? :P

Azalea said:
I think they probably just threw that in to explain SMG's absence this season, in terms of the storyline.
I don't think it was just thrown in. I think that if Buffy's faith in Angel is shaken, it would cause Angel to question himself a lot. And Buffy was always the first to rush in from Sunnydale when she thought Angel was in danger. Now she thinks Angel is the danger--though not as Angelus, she doubts he can run an evil empire without any corruption.

Back