Feedback Great JOB

Don

Scout
First let me say, I have had my own forum and build many other forums for customers of mine. Some did good ( 5000 members and more) and other did not and closed. So when I say your doing a Great Job here I know a little about what I am talking about.

Suggestion: The site looks good but where you have the dark grey Borders can you add like a walking dead background. It would be for eye appeal.

Suggestion: Don't over do it with add on Mods. Some people are turned off by the add on's. When you want to add one post a poll and see what the members think. Because remember you want the member to feel as part of the site. Members are the key to making a site successful.

These are just Suggestions and nothing else, I don't want to over do it.

Don, thanks for the feedback!
Suggestion: The site looks good but where you have the dark grey Borders can you add like a walking dead background. It would be for eye appeal.
Ah, I see what you mean... the new style is a fixed width design so on the left & right side of it when viewed on a high resolution monitor there is the empty space. I'll put it on the To Do list to talk with @Azhria Lilu -- She is more the graphics & creative person and I'm more code oriented. :D

Suggestion: Don't over do it with add on Mods. Some people are turned off by the add on's. When you want to add one post a poll and see what the members think. Because remember you want the member to feel as part of the site. Members are the key to making a site successful.
Absolutely! We are actually working behind-the-scenes on removing some of the existing add-ons and adding some smaller ones. The shoutbox & post ratings were here at AWBM previously but removed at some point so those are likely the only two 'big' ones on the short list of stuff to be added. Other little things added like the new Pinterest button are small subtle things to help make the browsing experience a little bit smoother.

These are just Suggestions and nothing else, I don't want to over do it.
Lets hear them! :D Suggestions & complaints, the good & the bad, are always welcome.

love the back ground now... looking real good

Don, thanks for the feedback! I was wondering if anybody was running a monitor resolution high enough to see them. :D

There are a few more performance tweaks I've got my eye on but for the most part the major renovations with the site reboot are near an end. A major update to the forum software in use is coming this summer so I am at the point of actually removing some add-ons that weren't really being used (nobody has complained about anything missing yet at least :whistle:) and others I've been replacing with simpler solutions. The end goal being to eliminate as much as possible anything that would interfere with being able to upgrade.

With your forum building, have we crossed paths before? I used to be involved in the vBulletin community (and owned projects like v3Arcade & staff at vBAdvanced) but these days I'm strictly within the XenForo ecosystem.

We might have crossed paths or I have at least read some post on vbulletin. I was the original owner of the forum call The Raw Fan Nation before the WWE wanted the name and I didn't give it to them but let say they didn't pay what it was worth....lol.
I have a client that I built a vbulletin site for a few years back and I still to the tech work on it. Its has about 12,019 members as of today. There are a few other site I work on also, All vbulletin... But never again... Vbulletin has gone downhill.
I have check on Xenforo for my next project that I will start messing with at the end of the year or beginning of next year. Don't have an idea yet what it will be but those are my plans as of right now, lol.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-03 at 9.33.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-03 at 9.33.22 PM.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 107
Back