Great Plays and Musicals

I have seen:
les miserables
Hairspray
Throughly Modern Millie(my favorite!!!!!)
Ragtime
42nd Street
Aida
Contact
Chicago
Miss Saigon
Damn Yankees
Phantom of the Opera
BEauty and the Beast
(most on Broadway some in regional theatres!)

i would like to see:
Urinetown
I love you, your perfect now change
La Boheme
Nine
Gyspy(really want to!)
Producers(i think im the only person not to have seen this!)

i loved a doll's house, i havent seen it performed but i have read it several times before and really want to see it done!
i also have read and enjoyed a raisin in the sun and the bad seed(such a great play!)
another great play is Who's afraid of Viriginia Woolf? just really different which makes it all that much better!

thats just as good! i love watching but afterwards i am aching to get up on stage and act! whenever i watch anything,afterwards im always acting or singing the songs or dancing in my room or in the car or on the street!

I have seen:

Les Miserables
Cabarate
Chicago
The Graduate
Miss Saigon
Cats
Fosse

I would like to see:

Throughly Modern Millie
Nine
Hairspray
The Producers
~Carey

I've seen les miserables and cats and i want to see Hairspray and Mama Mia!

School plays--- never saw any! but we had Damn Yankees and Guys and Dolls...

i absolutely LOVED Mamma Mia! it was a great two and half hour event and time just flew by. i would say it's a comedy, but there are times where it's serious and dramatic. i think u should see it! (y) (y)

wow...that's a lot!
The only ones I've seen in "big places" were
Phantom of the Opera (greatest ever!)
The Lion King (we saw it in toronto...amazing!)
our school put on Les Mis this year, but of course I missed it!

CareyAli said:
I have seen:

Les Miserables
Cabarate
Chicago
The Graduate
Miss Saigon
Cats
Fosse

I would like to see:

Throughly Modern Millie
Nine
Hairspray
The Producers
~Carey
i loved loved throughly modern millie my favorite musical of all time! sutton foster was just outstanding and the story is just fun! "sad to be all alone in the world!" im so excited im going to ny in august and i found out that sutton signed her contract to extend it till november so i will be able to see it again with her! :D

and i forgot one: west side story!(great musical as well!)

i feel so deprived next to you guys. :confused:

i've only seen:

rent
miss saigon
phantom of the opera

and i enjoyed them in that order. ^_^

rent is my absolute FAVORITE. the end just makes me turn into a mushball and cry with happiness.

and miss saigon is just really poignant for me because my mother was a refugee from the vietnam war.

and phantom of the opera was great too. :smiley: i just had really REALLY bad seats when i saw it. -_-

I've seen (not a lot):

The Fiddler On the Roof
Fame
Shout!
Mama Mia

I was too young to really remember Fiddler On the Roof (7 yrs old) and couldn't stop fidgeting! :confused:
Fame was more my style. Loved the bright colours and dancing and the taxi on stage. :cool:
Shout! was great with all the old songs. :rolleyes:
Mamma Mia was my favourite. Absolutely hilarious. :D :D

Wish to see:
Les Miserable
Lion King
We Will Rock You

Phantom was my absolute favorite...even though I've seen only two! lol....amazing amazing amazing! We saw it at the Magestic Theater in NYC...so that was experience enough, but the music and story line had me interested forever. Even though I had been a fan before!

I've only read a few plays, no acting for me!, but Our Town was an amazing story. Most of my class found it too be stupid, but the message was great!

My two absolute favorite musicals are Gypsy and A Chorus Line. Both have such wonderful songs and really powerful stories.

Another favorite is Once On This Island. Beautiful score, and I love the story.

Back