Movies Greatest Sci-Fi film ever...

Greatist Sci-Fi film ever? Choose a response, if unknown or not listed, elaborate...

• Fantastic Plannet

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 2001 Space Odessy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thx 1138

• Silent Running

• Planet of the Apes The origional films..

• Fantastic Voyage

• Star Wars

• Close Encounters

• Alien

• Other, elaborate....

• Others....

• Total voters
That's a tough choice! I picked Alien out of your line up.
Others- "The Martian" and "Arrival"
I've seen The Martian at least 7 times.
Great choices, I have enjoyed them all. I remember seeing Alien with my buddies when it came out. Dallas goes into the air ducts, the crew gave him wrong directions, booo! Me and my bros jumped out of our seats! LOL

@sci-fi-dude
I am the opposite of Tom, I am Captain Disorganized, Starship Forgetful. :woot:
If I started a list, I'd forget I started it. I'm working 6 days/week, possibly 7/wk soon.
I'll be happy if I just remember where I left the remote. :zstalking:

@sci-fi-dude
I am the opposite of Tom, I am Captain Disorganized, Starship Forgetful. :woot:
If I started a list, I'd forget I started it. I'm working 6 days/week, possibly 7/wk soon.
I'll be happy if I just remember where I left the remote. :zstalking:
If you find time, id love to see your pictures....:smiley:

No love for the granddaddy of pop culture sci-fi films, Metropolis?
Dang it! I forgot that one! I enjoyed it back in the day, and any time the classic movie channel shows it. Ok folks add Metropolis to the list, I think Maria the robot is where c-3po got his golden looks? Not sure but I think its true?

If you find time, id love to see your pictures....:smiley:
Pictures? Of the Martian? Arrival?
I do love sci-fi, but for at least a decade I've loved the scary stuff just a little bit more.

When I read the words "horror & fantasy", I signed up!
XfkwXXf.jpg

Pictures? Of the Martian? Arrival?
I do love sci-fi, but for at least a decade I've loved the scary stuff just a little bit more.

When I read the words "horror & fantasy", I signed up!
XfkwXXf.jpg
Awesome, if you find time, go to media, choose your topic, find a picky, click n paste on, and it automatically put you name up with a cute little file, I have something like 260, Your buddy Tommy has a zillion I reckon, something like that. if you do ill give you some thumbs up....

Our all time favorite classic sci-fi movie is The Thing From Another World. (1951) B & W

A very young James Arnes plays the alien. Tons of great dialog. My favorite scene the men are talking and one asks, "What if it can read our minds?" Without missing a beat another man says "He's going to be really mad when he gets to me." This movie more than any other is what prompted Randy to create his book series Rocket Babe. We've probably watched this one more than 100 times over our lifetimes.
As a kid the spooky music would just about drive me over the edge!
s-l225.jpg
download.jpg

Click the YouTube trailer above. The music and opening credits with the title burning through the screen still cause chill bumps to pop up all over me.

Our all time favorite classic sci-fi movie is The Thing From Another World. (1951) B & W

A very young James Arnes plays the alien. Tons of great dialog. My favorite scene the men are talking and one asks, "What if it can read our minds?" Without missing a beat another man says "He's going to be really mad when he gets to me." This movie more than any other is what prompted Randy to create his book series Rocket Babe. We've probably watched this one more than 100 times over our lifetimes.
As a kid the spooky music would just about drive me over the edge!View attachment 13043 View attachment 13044

Awesome film, it was well done! I remember when they walked off the shape of the ship and it formed a huge saucer shape.....the actors made you feel like you were part of the movie like war of the worlds did. Awesome, yeup the music is funky too, lol!

Click the YouTube trailer above. The music and opening credits with the title burning through the screen still cause chill bumps to pop up all over me.
The screeching violins of the 70s film Dressed to kill is a good example of spooky music also.

I saw that one in the theatre, it disturbed me for weeks. If I recall correctly the 70's version was a remake of a 40's film.

I saw that one in the theatre, it disturbed me for weeks. If I recall correctly the 70's version was a remake of a 40's film.
I think so? But the 70's was truly funky. The asylum scene where he got the nurse and all the dudes laughing was indeed freaky....

Back