Sci-Fi Greenland (2020)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Greenland

Genre: Action, Thriller, Drama

Director: Ric Roman Waugh

Cast: Gerard Butler, Morena Baccarin, David Denman, Hope Davis, Roger Dale Floyd, Scott Glenn, Andrew Bachelor, Merrin Dungey, Holt McCallany, Gary Weeks, Tracey Bonner, Joshua Mikel, Cate Jones, Mike Gassaway, Anissa Matlock, Randall Archer, Scott Poythress, Claire Bronson, Madison Johnson, Brandon Quinn, Kendrick Cross, Hayes Mercure, Rick Pasqualone, Nicola Lambo, James Logan

Release: 2020-07-29

Runtime: 120

Plot: John Garrity, his estranged wife and their young son embark on a perilous journey to find sanctuary as a planet-killing comet hurtles toward Earth. Amid terrifying accounts of cities getting levelled, the Garritys experience the best and worst in humanity. As the countdown to the global apocalypse approaches zero, their incredible trek culminates in a desperate and last-minute flight to a possible safe haven.
Greenland (2020)

Greenland (2020)​

PG-13 | 1h 59min | Action, Drama, Thriller | 18 December 2020 (USA)

A family fights for survival as a planet-killing comet races to Earth. John Garrity (Gerard Butler), his estranged wife Allison (Morena Baccarin), and young son Nathan make a perilous journey to their only hope for sanctuary. Amid terrifying news accounts of cities around the world being leveled by the comet's fragments, the Garritys experience the best and worst in humanity while they battle the increasing panic and lawlessness surrounding them. As the countdown to global apocalypse approaches zero, their incredible trek culminates in a desperate and last-minute flight to a possible safe haven.

Ho-Hum...I give it a 5.5 out of 10 stars.
Its basically a Disaster ELE film. The ole family trying to survive the end of the world.
Nothing really new, full of Hollywood's standard disaster film cliches.
The production values are good and the struggle has its moments but nothing to write home about. If you have a shelf of just disaster movies, next year you will probably reach for something else.
It wouldn't be a waste to rent but you should see it before you buy it because in my opinion, its just a run of the mill disaster movie with nothing new or special to offer the genre.

I haven't watched this one yet because the trailer makes me think "Is this just another take on the 2012 disaster movie with John Cusack? 2012 merged with Deep Impact?". If it ends up on Netflix I'll give it a watch.