Greetings Everyone

Hi y'all!

Decided I better get off my flea-bitten arse and get involved. If HJ is anything like GS for customer and player interaction, I'll be so addicted that I may have to give up sleep, since I can't give up working <mutters something about mortgage companies are the DEBIL!>

Anyways, been away from GS for a little while now, but put in a heck of a lot of years there (GEnie days anyone?)

Now.....off to read the boards for the weekend!

Later, folks.

Welcome ot the forums! You will notice a lot of ex-DR, GS players on these forums, so maybe you'll find some familiar faces =]

Hello, and welcome to the greatest pina colada flavored treehouse of wonderment you'll ever have the pleasure of drunkenly stumbling into!

(That should totally be on the main page! :D )

If you like Pina Coladas
And getting caught in the rain
If you're not into yoga
If you have half a brain
If you'd like making love at midnight
In the dunes on the Cape
Then I'm the love that you've looked for
Write to me and escape

No idea what the song is called, or who its by, but its groovy. I'm chair dancing to the music right now, and its not even playin' :cool:

edit: put the right lyrics in and its called Escape (The Pina Colada Song), by Rupert Holmes from the album Partners in Crime, 1979. Number 1 in the US when it came out. :D I love the internet, so many little tidbits.

When he wrote it he didn't even know what it was. The line was taken from somewhere else and he needed to replace one phrase and he decided on a tropical drink because it fit the story of the song. Pina Colada had the right number of syllables and stress, so *bam* there it is! After he wrote it, he went out and had one and hated it. How's that for irony, eh? ;) Oh, and you used to have a hard time finding someone who would make this drink. As soon as the song was released, it was the new 'it' drink. More juicy tidbits here. (Pun intended ;)) And here's a sound clip for those who don't know the song.

Back