Greg Grunberg to become regular for 3rd season

V

verdantheart

This in from zap2it:

~~~~

Abrams Brings Bounty to ABC
Wed, Jun 25, 2003 12:24 PM PDT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - J.J. Abrams, the writer-producer behind "Felicity" and "Alias," is developing a new drama for ABC. Focusing on the intense lives of bounty hunters, the show is on target for a fall 2004 launch, with Touchstone TV producing.

Abrams will bring one of his favorite actors along for the ride. "Alias" and "Felicity" co-star Greg Grunberg will topline the new series. In the meantime, according to The Hollywood Reporter, Grunberg, who plays agent Eric Weiss on the current ABC spy drama, will become a regular when the series returns for its third season.

Reportedly Abrams gave ABC first crack at his new drama in recognition of the network's support for "Alias," which has remained stable in its Sunday night timeslot despite inconsistant ratings.

Abrams conceived the idea for a bounty hunter series even before the Mexican capture of fugitive Andrew Luster put Duane "Dog" Chapman and other members of the profession in the limelight. Abrams will write the pilot and serve as executive producer and in addition to starring duties, Grunberg will produce.

When he isn't dealing with college love triangles and espionage-fueled family dischord, Abrams' screenwriting career, which includes films like "Regarding Henry" and "Joy Ride," continues apace. He wrote the most recent draft of the long-delayed "Superman" project.

~~~~
Gee, I hope this doesn't take too much of Mr Abrams' attention from Alias!
;)

Greg :blush: , so cute! It's great that he's branching out, just as long as I get my Weiss fix in Alias.

verdantheart @Jun 25 2003 said:
Gee, I hope this doesn't take too much of Mr Abrams' attention from Alias!
That's what I thought too. It always worries me when a writer/director starts to spread himself too thin. But I'm sure he's used to multitasking.

And it'll be great to have more Weiss around next season. He and Marshall are really the only comic relief the show has, aside from the occasional funny remarks made by the other characters.

Azalea said:
And it'll be great to have more Weiss around next season. He and Marshall are really the only comic relief the show has, aside from the occasional funny remarks made by the other characters.
yeah thats true, Marshall is hillarious, he always makes me laugh. Same with weiss, and his funny comments.

YES! score! more weiss!!! dude, that is so cool!!!!!! heeheeeheeeheeeheeeheeeheeehee

at least this is some news about next season that makes us all very happy *grins madly*

That is totally awesome!!!!!! :cheers:
Gotta love the Weiss man! Greg Grunberg rocks in that role. At least we will get to see him before the new show starts in 2004. (Crossing fingers that it will be put on the Fall schedule.)

Now Weiss is droolworthy? LOL . . . I like him, but, seriously . . .
;)

Back