Guess i'll be the first

There was a debate on mmorpg.com about that thing. Some said that it was a
helm, while others were sure it's some sort of fist weapon. Personaly I will go with
fist weapon.

Yes I think gearknights or people in the gear faction will be able to have robotic parts.

It looks like a weapon to me. Look at the part where his hand is supposed to be at. It's too small to fit a head.

lolzer3yu.jpg

It appears you can have robotic parts on a character.....That is pretty cool! I wonder if you can be a robot.......IM TEH TERMINATOR!!!! :lol:

Ya good point, crazy looking weapon. Also does this mean there will be a sort
of hide and ambush ability like in GemStone?

I think being able to actually stalk your enemy, or prey and then ambush it would be amazing. Possibly at night just hide in the bushes for 10-15 minuets waiting for a party to cross you and a buddies path when they start getting hit for massive amounts of damage while they still don't know whats going on.

That would be fun!

Originally posted by frostydf2@Mar 8 2006, 06:33 AM
I think being able to actually stalk your enemy, or prey and then ambush it would be amazing. Possibly at night just hide in the bushes for 10-15 minuets waiting for a party to cross you and a buddies path when they start getting hit for massive amounts of damage while they still don't know whats going on.
That would definetly be worth a 20 minute wait. :lol:

It looks like a weapon to me. Look at the part where his hand is supposed to be at. It's too small to fit a head.

I may be wrong.. But I actually think it's a shield.

I saw that same exact thing on a picture with a girl holding a dagger and that in 2 different hands.

Plus it's on his left hand...
Usually you would hold a shield on your left hand and the weapon on your right hand.

And we haven't seen a real looking shield yet.

Originally posted by killarai@Mar 12 2006, 12:24 AM

I may be wrong.. But I actually think it's a shield.

I saw that same exact thing on a picture with a girl holding a dagger and that in 2 different hands.

Plus it's on his left hand...
Usually you would hold a shield on your left hand and the weapon on your right hand.

And we haven't seen a real looking shield yet.
Its a possibility that it could be a shield.

But in the pic, it appears that he doesn't have a weapon in his right hand. He probably does, I just can't see it. So it could be a fist weapon. http://www.play.net/includes/volatile/scre.../hjsshot-90.jpg

I'm guessing the character creation system includes a choice of what hand a weapon and sheild goes on.

And heres a pic of a regular looking shield. http://images.mmorpg.com/images/screenshots/122004/2449.jpg

Hmmm.. Never saw that...

Well another theory could be for bashing...
It could be a shield and a weapon at the same time if it's used for bashing.

But idk if they would do that.

Originally posted by killarai@Mar 12 2006, 02:47 AM
Hmmm.. Never saw that...

Could just be something he found on a shelf in that room to hit the Ukar over the head with. :eek:

Originally posted by Aries+Mar 12 2006, 05:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aries @ Mar 12 2006, 05:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-killarai@Mar 12 2006, 02:47 AM
Hmmm.. Never saw that...

Could just be something he found on a shelf in that room to hit the Ukar over the head with. :eek: [/b][/quote]
That would be really awsome if you could actually use items in a room to use. Possibly if a ranger ran out of arrows he could throw a table, then jump on his enemy and slice is throat. However, that I already know is out of the question becuase that only happens in the movies :smiley:

I think its probably a stun weapon to first stun your enemy for a certain amount of time. One can only put out theories.

it would also be interesting if it was something to do with combat magic. maybe it helps to channel some sort of bolts of magic at enemies. It looks way too small for a proper shield,

THE FACT IS:

(in my openion which nobody will read)

That this item is not at all an item but an alien device implanted into the photo to melt out minds and make us angry, thus making us bicker over what it is, when in actuallity it is nothing more than a sore attempt to cover up the fact that he is FLIPPING OFF THE CAMERA!!! need I say more?

ever thought about it being a blunt weapon? and maybe he can hold 2 weapons and just doesnt have 1 in the other hand... but then again it might automaticly go to the right hand when it is equiped

I really like that picture anyways. It shows a lot in their. It represents some role-playing. How every character looks different, the graphics, and kind of a different aspect that isn't in most other games. A relaxing period ;)

It looks like a cestus (weapon) to me, blunt or unarmed combat weapon.

I too like that last picture, and look forward to being able to put my feet on
the table as I can't at home lol

Originally posted by Sherri@Apr 16 2006, 03:37 PM
It looks like a cestus (weapon) to me, blunt or unarmed combat weapon.

I too like that last picture, and look forward to being able to put my feet on
the table as I can't at home lol
Haha, but who wants to eat on a dirty table?!

I never thought of that weapon being a cestus though, good catch. Hopefully we'll find out soon enough when.... hopefully beta hits!

Back