Guest casting news from Sci Fi

Alias News

Official News Poster
From Sci Fi Wire (casting spoilers):

Alias Wants Rossellini Back

Isabella Rossellini told SCI FI Wire that she's been asked to reprise her role as Katya on ABC's spy drama Alias, which kicks off a fourth season in January. "They called me the other day to see if I was available in January, so I hope they'll make me kill someone else soon," Rossellini said in an interview. "I did say that I was available, so hopefully [it will work out]."

Rossellini guest-starred three times last season as Katya, the sister of Irina Derevko (Lena Olin). In her first episode, "Crossings," Katya informed Jack (Victor Garber) that Sydney (Jennifer Garner) was still alive, and offered to do everything in her power to save Sydney, so long as Jack agreed to kill Sloane (Ron Rifkin). Later, Katya tried to kill Sydney and made romantic advances toward Jack.

"My character is pretty mysterious, and we're all very devious," Rossellini said. "So the moment you think you get your character—'I'm bad at this, but good at that'—uh-uh. The next script arrives, and you're betraying [someone]. We're meaner than the public can even imagine."

Rossellini added that playing so mysterious and devious a character wasn't unusual or difficult, as she's played dark characters before. But she said that perpetrating Katya's brand of violence did not come easily. "I had to take my chopsticks and put them [through] somebody's hands," Rossellini said, referring to a scene in "Crossings." "There were all these special effects, and I wasn't hurting the person, but even just doing it I flinched a little bit. So the director said to me, 'Isabella, you have the accent. If you get the violence, you can be governor. So go. Go for it.' They're a great bunch of people. [Executive producer] J.J. Abrams and Jennifer Garner, they're so great. It's fun to be with them." Alias begins its new season with a two-hour premiere on Jan. 5 and moves to a new timeslot, Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT, following Abrams' other hit series, Lost.</span>

you know I never really got the whole point of introducing her in the first place
but I am glad she's back!

Back