Guilds and factions

From what I have been reason guild can choose one of the three factions but my quiestion is individual players and there factions . My question is players of differing factions be allowed in the same guild which it faction already choosen ?

I think not, the idea is (from what I can gather) that there will be several levels of "guilds" a basic small group guild, which then joins with other small guilds, too form a sort of "over guild", which is then aligned with a faction. As there appears to be hints of a player run political system, I find it unlikely that other factions could join into the same guild. However I could be wrong.

Hmm, I'd hope they wouldn't be so tight arsed as that. I'd hate to be limited by how much I can hang out with my friends based on faction. Will they? Heck if I know, but I hope not.

Seems sort of like a democrat and a republican refusing to eat together, my home growing up co-existed quite peaceably with both living under the same roof. The factions aren't at an all out war are they? If not then it's purely political, and I don't see any reason for strict faction lines like that.

Going to agree with Aini there, I wouldn't want to be restricted by faction as to who I could be apart of. TCO has a habit of incorporating very diverse people, of diverse RP background and that's what makes it so great because all these different people come together for a common cause. Maybe there will be benefits to guild members who are of the "guild faction" and slight penalties to those who are not (like they don't get cool titles or certain cloaks or something) but nothing over the top. I just see this idea as very divisive, something our guild in particular has had enough battles with and frankly it'd be nice to have a reason to stick together and not force everyone to believe the same way.

I wouldn't mind it at all, honestly, as long as faction alignment ONLY effected NPCs.

As long as I can still talk, RP, and interact with someone in another faction, it doesn't bother me at all that the NPC they can chat with wants to kill me. I can work with that. =D

I wouldn't mind it at all, honestly, as long as faction alignment ONLY effected NPCs.

As long as I can still talk, RP, and interact with someone in another faction, it doesn't bother me at all that the NPC they can chat with wants to kill me. I can work with that. =D

Well ... LOL... that would be darn funny Vash.

So you're standing there RPing the sorrow of having to slay the last other faction vendor that assaulted you, who happened to be the poor RP'd uncle of your guildie, whilst occassionally clobbering the new vendor to keep him/her off your back as you shed tears of remorse together?

Bwhahahahaa!!!

That's ripe.

Well ... LOL... that would be darn funny Vash.

So you're standing there RPing the sorrow of having to slay the last other faction vendor that assaulted you, who happened to be the poor RP'd uncle of your guildie, whilst occassionally clobbering the new vendor to keep him/her off your back as you shed tears of remorse together?

Bwhahahahaa!!!

That's ripe.

Pretty much, yes! Like in EQ2, I loved sneaking in to Qeynos on my Brigand for secret meetings with friends who lived there. Sometimes the guards caught me, but it was fun. Great RP to be had by all.

Back