Guilty Pleasure Movies

ehgripo

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42... Execute
What movie do you absolutely love yet turn off when other people walk into the room because you are embarrassed about liking it...

Mine is anything with Julia Roberts and Richard Gere or Meg Ryan...

But just one: Pretty Woman

Any movie geared toward teenagers - I hate renting them with my fiance but he's the only one who watches movies with me!

Examples - 10 Things I Hate About You, Save the Last Dance, Mean Girls, Honey, The Princess Diaries ...

I must still think I am about 16 years old :lol:

I'm not ashamed enough of any movies that I watch that I would turn it off if somebody came into my room, but I am a closet fan of any teeny-bopper movies. But I have a friend I can watch them with :smiley:

i'm not really ashamed to watch any movie but i kinda do that with the sound of music or the parent trap only cuz ppl are like 'OMG ur watching that AGAIN?!?!?!'
cuz ive seen them both like 30 times(seriously)

hotpot said:
Any movie geared toward teenagers

Examples - 10 Things I Hate About You, Save the Last Dance, Mean Girls, Honey, The Princess Diaries ...

I must still think I am about 16 years old :lol:
hahahaha, same here!!!

My guilty pleasure movies are all the movies I used to watch when I was a little kid - The Neverending Story, Flight of the Navigator, Short Circuit, Return to Oz, Little Shop of Horrors, Beetlejuice- all those trippy 80s kids movies. Also stuff like Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead, The Craft, and Ghost. Movies that you know aren't really that high-quality, but you watch them everytime they're on TV. ^_^

Azy we could so have a night in in front of the tv!!!!!! :P :P i LOVED the neverending story as a kid and beetlejuice i know all the words - and all those other 80's movies you listed. what about adding Labyrinth, Lost Boys, Cocktail, Ferris Bueller, the goonies............man i could go on. but these are not guilty pleasures - not sure i have any really embarrasing films i love to watch - although my bf hates when i watch musicals - i love things like Annie, Mary Poppins, Sound of Music and all that and he HATES them :P ..........so when he's in i feel guilty watching them.

Ferris Bueller is so great! Every time I hear the phrase "9 times" I have to say "9 times!?! I don't remember him being absent 9 times.". Drives everybody crazy...

I love musicals too, jems! I was obsessed with Annie when I was a kid. Also Mary Poppins, The Wiz, Pete's Dragon, and some of the Disney animated movies.

The 80s were such a golden age for kids movies. Why don't they make them like that anymore? The Goonies will be my favorite movie for the rest of my life - nothing could ever displace it for #1.

well i don't really care what other people think about what i watch, and right now i can't remember a situation like that, but sometimes i get a bit ashamed of what i'm watching on TV, but i don't turn it off! like.."The Lost World" :blush: ..or "The New Adventures Of Lois and Clark" :lol: :lol: :blush: :Ph34r:

jems said:
Azy we could so have a night in in front of the tv!!!!!! :P :P i LOVED the neverending story as a kid and beetlejuice i know all the words - and all those other 80's movies you listed. what about adding Labyrinth, Lost Boys, Cocktail, Ferris Bueller, the goonies............man i could go on. but these are not guilty pleasures - not sure i have any really embarrasing films i love to watch - although my bf hates when i watch musicals - i love things like Annie, Mary Poppins, Sound of Music and all that and he HATES them :P ..........so when he's in i feel guilty watching them.
:rolleyes:ooooo i luved Cocktail andthe Lost Boys....i also liked Queen of the Damned :rolleyes: my fave vampire movie was Interview with a Vampire tho but i went to Santa Cruz where they shot the carousel scene and the bridge scene and took pix of it :D

Archangel said:
*looks around guiltly*
OK one of my guilty pleasures is Top Gun, I love the soundtrack.
*sighs* me too - but when i watch it now i'm like - how cheesy - especially the love scene!! :P ah tom crujise - wot a guy!!! :smiley:

Hmm. Mrs. Doubtfire because I've seen it SO MANY times, know every line, but still laugh.

That and... The Emperor's New Groove. For some reason I heart that movie... :blush:

~Kate :daisy:

Back