Gum Drops

Well I think that this episode was so amazing. Poor Nick he was so upset in this episode and Sara was the only one to notice. I felt so bad for him b/c he wanted to save that girl and evryone just gave up hope. But not Nick he is the strong one and I think that he has really changed since the end of season 5 when he was buried alive. (n) how sad. i ended up crying at the end of this episode it was so sad. Once again Nick performance was so amazing that you could feel what he was feeling: the helplessness and his pain when he found her. What a strong and bold episode but yet still soft and caring. I give this episode a very high rating this episode is one of my favorites along with "Grave Danger" adn "Stalker." All wonderful episodes and if you haven't noticed in these episodes something happens to Nick.

i think it was good. could have been better. the show seems to have lost something, like its edge or something. i dunno. it was pretty good though.

m-c

That was an awesome episode. I think it's my new favorite - excluding GD. The opening scene with the camera traveling through the house coupled by Cassie's voice over was spine-tingling - very well done. And I just loved how it ended on Nick. They are doing some really creative things in regards to filming the actual episode. I don't know how to explain it, but this season has such a different feel and I think it's mostly related to filming and post-production. I think they were right when they said that GD provided the entire cast and crew with a much-needed adrenaline boost. They've taken everything to the next level. These episodes don't even have an "episode" feel - it's more like watching a mini-movie and I love it. If they keep this up, this season is definitely going to be the best in a variety of ways.

I loved how Catherine only had a few minutes of screen time. Although I'm enjoying her character much more this season, it was nice to see the "young things" take the lead in a case. The dynamics between the younger CSIs was great. I loved how Greg referred to Tina as Yoko. Haha. That was great. And even though I love Grissom, I did not miss him at all in this episode and I think that speaks volumes about the performance of the other characters/actors.

Nick's conversation with Sage. What can I say? That was very intriguing. The comments she made about the female aura I took to represent the connection he had established with Cassie - like her presence was haunting him, encouraging him to find her. That sort of thing. And even though the voice over was from the conversation that took place after Cassie was found, it was like her words were guiding him - helping him figure things out by looking at those pictures. When he said that line about just trying to survive this life, it was so powerful. And then Sage had that look on her face - like she could see into his soul and see everything he'd been through. They had a definite connection. She understood him and that's why her words meant so much to him. Very moving.

The scene when he confesses to Sara that he thinks she's still alive was great. I guess I was kinda surprised by Sara's reaction. I understand where she was coming from and she didn't want to encourage what she perceived to be a false hope, but I thought she could have been a touch more understanding. After all, Nick was rescued and there didn't seem to be a snowball's chance in hell of that happening once Gordon died. It was just interesting to see the different perspectives.

The interrogation was WOW. It was so brief, but I loved the crazed look in Nick's eyes when he went after that kid. Powerful to say the least. GE really got to do so much with this episode.

I thought the gum dropping was interesting. I was trying to figure out how the title was going to tie into the episode. Cassie was a really smart girl. I loved seeing Nick jump out of that boat to save her.

And the final scene was probably the best one of the show. I saw a lot of similarities between Nick and Cassie. Both have a desire to get the bad guy - Nick through his work and Cassie through reading her Nancy Drew books. Cassie didn't want to be babied - wanted Nick to be straightforward with her about what had happened and that's very Nick-esque. She had faith that someone would find her because she left all of the gum all over the place and Nick had a similar faith when he was in the box. Because of all this, you can look at her and know that she's going to find a way to survive - like Nick has. She's been victimized but she's not a victim. She was such a strong little girl. I wish there was a way to bring her back for another episode.

I guess because of the interrogation room scene I knew was coming, I was expecting to see a driven Nick - consumed with the thought of finding Cassie. And yes, it was there to an extent, but there was so much more to his character. He had this look of boyish, emotional vulnerability in key moments of the episode that nearly took my breath away. And he was so hopeful - I love that. I love that we can have a character who has been through so much and yet remained undefeated. On the contrary, he has a new-found sense of hope. Though the events of GD were terrible, I think Nick's found something he lost last season and he's not as dark and depressed as he was (at least not yet). GE has really taken Nick to the next level.

i did really like the filming, i'll give it that.
and i liked the yoko line. :lol:
the acting was really good, i just thought it lost its edge.

m-c

What can I say I have to agree with MissingSark the episode was truly wonderful. Like you said GE really took Nick's character to a whole new level, but at the same time he gained a new perspective in life. I really loved how the episode played out and i am really glad Nick found her. Again I would have to agree with MissingSark and hope that they could somehow get Cassie to appear in another episode. Just the entire thing with Cassie's voice over was so cool. Once again I have to go wiith MissingSark with the voice over it made the episode so much better. My fav. part of the episode was the very end when he jumped out of the boat and saved her. Cassie's part in not wanting to be babied was truly wonderful. I think that this episode had many powerful scenes. Like MissingSark I was truly surprised at Sara's reaction I thought she would have understood how Nick felt but at the same time I guess she didn't want to give him a false hope. Grave Danger, Gum Drops, and Stalker are my favorite episodes. I just hope the season does't lose the edge that it has started out with.

Back