Politics guns in america

AliasHombre said:
I don't think it was a horrible thing, if i remember, it only created a big screening system for potential gun owners
[post="1306399"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

It did create a screening system and has been quite effective in keeping guns out of convicted felons.

Sadly, I don't think it's enough...and the number of gun related deaths in this country shows that it's not enough.

USA is one big step behind the European countries when it comes to gun control.. The number of people killed by guns speaks for itself. I can't understand why guns should be allowed.. it's insane.. is it just to support the weapons industry or what? That you should defend yourself with a gun is an argument I don't buy.. If you wouldn't have a gun, no one would threaten you with one in the first place..
I really hope the US government can change this.. so less innocent people die..

I can't understand why guns should be allowed.. 

Because people who buy them (legally) want to feel safer in their houses or feel safe in case they're attacked.

If you wouldn't have a gun, no one would threaten you with one in the first place..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Really? Like a rapist has to have a gun to rape a person? They could have a knife, or just nothing at all, and they could still hurt you if they're stronger...you could be robbed on the street whether or not the person has a gun.

IsabellaOfSweden said:
USA is one big step behind the European countries when it comes to gun control..
Not just European countries.

Also Australia, much of Asia, just about everywhere else. :lol: Certainly the rest of the developed world.

It's just crazy. There haven't been any people from outside of the US supporting guns in this thread. I think that says it all. We KNOW that there is a better way.

Natalia said:
Not just European countries.

Also Australia, much of Asia, just about everywhere else. :lol:  Certainly the rest of the developed world.

It's just crazy. There haven't been any people from outside of the US supporting guns in this thread. I think that says it all. We KNOW that there is a better way.
[post="1312736"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well said.. Actually I don't know anyone who has a gun in this country.. It's alsmost only the cops here..

IsabellaOfSweden said:
USA is one big step behind the European countries when it comes to gun control.. The number of people killed by guns speaks for itself. I can't understand why guns should be allowed.. it's insane.. is it just to support the weapons industry or what? That you should defend yourself with a gun is an argument I don't buy.. If you wouldn't have a gun, no one would threaten you with one in the first place..
I really hope the US government can change this.. so less innocent people die..
[post="1308788"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I disaggre. It should be allowed. Even if it wouldnt be allowed people would get hold of guns anyway. They do it in Sweden and europe too... Now imagine if you would be attacked or raped, say it wouldnt be allowed...you wouldnt have much of a shot to get away...or say it would be allowed, you would have a chance to protect yourself.
Of course there are people who abuse the opportunity or power to get a gun and use it for what it shudnt be used for. But that happens in everything.

_AliasAngel said:
I disaggre. It should be allowed. Even if it wouldnt be allowed people would get hold of guns anyway. They do it in Sweden and europe too... Now imagine if you would be attacked or raped, say it wouldnt be allowed...you wouldnt have much of a shot to get away...or say it would be allowed, you would have a chance to protect yourself.
Of course there are people who abuse the opportunity or power to get a gun and use it for what it shudnt be used for. But that happens in everything.
[post="1347066"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

They may get guns in Europe but they have no where near the number of gun related deaths as we do in this country. Why? They have much better gun control.

Jamison said:
They may get guns in Europe but they have no where near the number of gun related deaths as we do in this country.  Why?  They have much better gun control.
[post="1347075"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

But it shouldnt be banned or not allowed. Then people would get them anyway, I mean they get them illegally everywhere, weather its allowed or not. it wont really solve anything.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands" the same can be said about guns

They may get guns in Europe but they have no where near the number of gun related deaths as we do in this country. Why? They have much better gun control.

But certainly in Britain we are having massive problems with an increase in violent crime. A rise in gun crime is likely to follow.

noggi16 said:
But certainly in Britain we are having massive problems with an increase in violent crime. A rise in gun crime is likely to follow.
[post="1347416"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

But you can't deny the fact that the number of gun related deaths in your country is staggeringly less than in the US.

In Britain the number of households that have guns is 4.0% and the number of intentional gun death rate per 100,000 people is .4.

In the US the number of households that gave guns is 41% and the number of intentional gun death rate per 100,000 people is 13.47.

this is kinda not in line about what you guys are discussing, but:

my dad and a lot of his friends are sportsmen so i know how to take care of guns, clean them, shoot them, etc. and my dad drilled it in to me that they're not toys, and that they're dangerous and the consiquences of shooting someone. my dad also has them locked up in a case so that no one but himself can get to them. i think that a lot of parents that have guns should store them some place where their kids won't have access to them. i know that won't stop kids from buying them on the black market, but at least it will stop them from getting them from their parents.

Yes its really sad how kids die when they get hold of their parents guns...so yeah parents shud definitely lock them away...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"  the same can be said about guns

Actually I disagree. Someone could attack or rob you and casue some serious pain, if they are stronger than you...with just nothing at all...even kill.

that's the point of the quote, the gun is not the killer. it's not the gun's fault that it's got a terrible reputation that goes with it coz people use it for the wrong reasons. and i had said earlier that a person could kill you with their bare hands or strangle you with a shoe lace, but we're not going to make shoe laces illegal.

Back