Gymnasts

there's actually a Twister's gym by me here in Pennsylvania...but that's probably a pretty common name for a gymnastics club ;)

hey, let me know how you do in that meet of yours...I love hearing meet stories, cause I miss it so much!

I'm over 5' 6" :lol: tallest on the team ^_^

eek I havn't gone in a week except 2 hrs monday. been sick... and im not ready to compete at all :mellow: :Ph34r:

so does that mean you get to walk at the end of the line when you march into meets? LoL, that's given you still do that... ^_^

sorry to hear you've been sick, i hope you're ok for your meet!

Yes I do :rolleyes: I hate it :lol: Me and my friend used to fight over who had to go last, cause we were the same hight, but now I'm taller :lol:

aaaah I don't even have a floor routine :Ph34r: well I do but I don't. :confused: :lol: I loved my old routine, and I didn't like my new one that I competed last season so I decided to use my old one again. But it's not an 8 routine, it's 7 so I'm trying to fix it and I don't remember parts and my coach is supposed to help me but she isn't and aaaaaaaaaaaah

:lol:

sorry I'm just a wee bit nervous :laughbounce:

lmao...that's funny...sounds a lot like me! I'm first to admit I'm rather flaky and have little or no short-term memory skills :rolleyes: so I'd do the same thing...in the middle I'd stop and be like "Umm, what's next?" Especially right before a meet, I know what ya mean about those nerves!

course i will :mellow:

i almost did a full bars routine yesterday :ermm: i realized that if you lose weight it's easier to do bars :lol: i didnt eat for a week when i was sick and so yeah...

so what happened that you had to quit?

SiriCerasi said:
i realized that if you lose weight it's easier to do bars :lol: i didnt eat for a week when i was sick and so yeah...

so what happened that you had to quit?
hahaha...so true, so true...it's amazing what being sick can help you with :rolleyes:

well, i broke my shoulder doing, of all things, a roundoff backhandspring... :blink: lol, i had to get surgery because from the years and years of doing gymnastics i pretty much just wore it away and it got really loose - like it would just fall out of socket...eww, yeh, so that wasn't good...and then after the surgery I tried to go back but realized it just wasn't going to work...so that's when I started to coach...just couldn't keep myself outta the gym ;)

Here in Australia, I was once in an elite squad that was training for selections of the 2000 Olympics.

But I was never quite as good after I dislocated my left elbow doing a cartwheel on the high beam. I still managed to make State Championships, but it was definetly a set-back.

My fave apparatus is Floor. I loved the dance routines with the tumble passes!

Kelly

iheartalias said:
so does that mean you get to walk at the end of the line when you march into meets? LoL, that's given you still do that... ^_^

sorry to hear you've been sick, i hope you're ok for your meet!
Its funny - over here, in the younger levels, the shortest one was always at the front, carrying the club banner if there was one! I was always at the front, I was very tiny (and still am - 19 yrs old and only 5'1" (though, its says 155cms on my license lol!).

Kelly

yeh, i was always the shortest as well, im 5'3 at 20...yep! made it a lot easier to do gymnastics - but there was this one girl on my team who was actually like 5'10 and i thought she looked so elegant when she was doing her thang...especially on bars ^_^

Agh I hate being tall it makes everything so difficult :lol: I'm 5'6" not even that tall :lol: Makes bars hard I keep hitting my feet <_< :lol:

5'10" :eek: Didn't she umm... kick the floor? :confused: :lol:

hahaha, it was funny, at meets when it was her turn you would see the coaches frantically running about trying to change her bar settings because they had to be much higher up ^_^

she always said how much harder it was for her, but hey, if you love something dont let something like height make you quit...lol, and there is Holi's Words of Wisdom for the day. ;) :rolleyes:

:lol: i try not to ;) thanks for the advice :P

agh today was one of those gym days from hell... and one of the girls from another group said she and my coach had decided i should be a runway supermodel i was like :blink: :run:

:laughbounce:

scared me...

SiriCerasi said:
and one of the girls from another group said she and my coach had decided i should be a runway supermodel
oh la la! what a compliment! ;)

i hope things go better for you at practice...i know those kinds of days, they're the ones where i'd come home and take a nice, looooong, bubble bath...hehe ^_^

ahh! hi I love gymnastics! I havent done any back flips in a while cuz I sprang my ankle at the begining of this compation year so I couldnt sign up! :depressed:

awww that sucks :(

ok i have decided that this meet will be a complete waste of time and money. as i am still not eating properly and i don't have my full energy, i havn't done full routines on any event yet and i have no more practices.

well, that out of the way, Holi what level did you say you were? 10? :shocked: :thud:

Back