Gymnasts

SiriCerasi said:
Agh I hate being tall it makes everything so difficult :lol: I'm 5'6" not even that tall :lol: Makes bars hard I keep hitting my feet <_< :lol:

5'10" :eek: Didn't she umm... kick the floor? :confused: :lol:
yeah being tall does suck when you're a gymnest that's why I had to quit, I'm 6"0 now. but I still jump around the house doing backflips and such.

:confused: There's no room in my house to do that. We used to have a mat but we (me and my sis) got to big to do anything :lol: So we just gave it to my gym <_<

SiriCerasi said:
well, that out of the way, Holi what level did you say you were? 10? :shocked: :thud:
indeed..."I'd like to thank my mom for starting me in Mom and Tots when I was 2 and NEVER letting me quit no matter how much I wanted to." :D

sorry to hear about your meet Siri...at least you realized now that it wouldn't be worth it...sometimes a break can really do ya good...Get healthy before you go back out there! ;)

Nice mother :mellow: I didn't start till I was 5 ^_^ And my parents would let me quit if i asked...

agh so I ended up competing everything... even though I wasn't ready... My coach said that we had to compete everything or leave (my evil one) and I probably could have gotten out of it cause I was sick but I dunno... it's a meet :lol:

Not so great... :laughbounce: I got an 8.2 on floor which was a lot better than I'd expected considering it was the first time I'd done a whole routine and I didn't warm up :lol: Vault 7.95 which makes me very mad cause I havn't gotten below an 8 in a long long time... bars we aren't even gonna go there and beam was ok... I actually threw my flip flop :D Which I hadn't done in a month :lol:

Worst part was it ended at 9:30... on a sunday... so me and my friend stole my coach's portable TV to watch the second half of alias on the way home ^_^ And all the food places were closed too :angry: :lol:

hey, not bad for being underprepared! ^_^ that's funny about bars...if you ask me how i did at bars i'd say the same thing...i hated that event!

nice job stealing the TV as well, you gotta do what you gotta do to watch Alias, am i wrong?! :D

the only good thing about sundays is Alias (and football, before the Eagles' choked :angry:smiley:...around here in center city philadelphia most things dont even open on sundays!

I got gymnastics for gym! Er...not quite sure if that's a good thing...all we've done are topspins, turkish sit/stand, tumbles, some strange v thing, heel clicks, and leg squats. The intimidating bars, beam, n vault are right there. GAH! :(

ah, no worries ;) school gym is no big deal...i doubt you'll get too involved, but i think you will have fun...i wish they had gymnastics when i was in high school :rolleyes:

iheartalias said:
ah, no worries ;) school gym is no big deal...i doubt you'll get too involved, but i think you will have fun...i wish they had gymnastics when i was in high school :rolleyes:
haha...I enjoyed everything but the parallel bars. the vault rocked my socks...but he started yelling at me when I tried doing thigns we weren't supose to try. (but flying over doing straddle vaults over and over was fun)

you are right...we really didn't get involved...especially since i have a mixed gym period...half the week i'm out on the track running. :angry: i want to try the high beam already...but noooo...boy he moves to slow...

lol, oh yes, i totally know what you mean! gym teachers are weird like that because of all the liability felgercarb if you get hurt (which is why almost no high schools have a gymnastics team)...i remember in gym class i would always do flips and stuff around the gym and playground and stuff and they would get so mad :rolleyes:

yeh, vault was alway my favorite as well...you should go to a real gymnastics place and try some things just for fun, i know some places have something called "open gym" where anyone can go and just play around...lol ;)

iheartalias said:
lol, oh yes, i totally know what you mean! gym teachers are weird like that because of all the liability felgercarb if you get hurt (which is why almost no high schools have a gymnastics team)...i remember in gym class i would always do flips and stuff around the gym and playground and stuff and they would get so mad :rolleyes:

yeh, vault was alway my favorite as well...you should go to a real gymnastics place and try some things just for fun, i know some places have something called "open gym" where anyone can go and just play around...lol ;)
my bio teacher was a gymnast, too bad I don't have gym when she has a free period...or she helped poor mr. a demonstrate...since he can't do half of the stuff. she started summer saulting and doing all these kewl things on the balance beam once she got use to it. She was like...erm...guys I haven't done this in a long time, then she fell off. :thinking: Then she clearly redeemed herself with all the stuff she did up there. (y)

my school doesn't have a gymnastics team, since we don't actually have a proper room for the stuff, all the equiptment is moved back and forth, one period it's volleyball and the next its gymnastics again. some schools do, not a whole lot...like if I went to that other hs.

my friend got to go see the olympics tryouts like two weeks ago. I keep forgetting his name, but the poor dude feel off the rings. -_- There goes his last olympics.

the gym techer dude only got really angry...cause he raised one of the vaults like half a foot...and all the crazy people insisted on using that doing all the stuff we weren't suppose to be doing. and then the 'spotters' were doing a bad job and not catching people, and we all started laughing like a bunch a lunatics when we fell over and landed not so gracefully. :lol: Then he was like...you're all going to pay. :angry: And we did on the track.... :(

we started the gymnastics unit in gym for the past week and it's retarded. :mellow:

i took gymnastics when i was in elementary school and even though it was a long time ago... doing retarded things like "forward roll" or "V-seat" :lol: :thud:

nance said:
we started the gymnastics unit in gym for the past week and it's retarded. :mellow:

i took gymnastics when i was in elementary school and even though it was a long time ago... doing retarded things like "forward roll" or "V-seat" :lol: :thud:
haha...we did that too in the stunts section. :lol: what i realized if you the forward roll over and over again, you get this great feeling of blood rushing to your head. ^_^ except when it's followed by a session of stunts that involve doing 360 spins...not good. :lol: collapsing on the floor in utter craziness. which is still why I like the vault...flying over is so much fun...and so is crashing into a big blue mat laughing your ass off.

haha, good job girls, making the coaches (or gym teachers!) mad is a favorite pastime of mine...hahahaha, especially gym class, cause I would do stuff that I knew I could do and then just watch the guy get all scared... :rolleyes:

forward roll and V-seat...hahaha, oh man, that's funny!

yeh, on a sadder note, that guy was Blaine Wilson...I was there at that meet as well, he tore his bicep muscle or something, not good...but he seems confident as he recently said "See you in Athens"...so we shall see!

Back