Halliwell Manor (Charmed Central)

Ep. 3- Run, Piper, Run airs Oct. 9 at 8/7c on the WB

Looking for a new career path, Piper goes on an interview with a corporate recruiter, but is soon arrested when a background check reveals that the physical appearance she adopted was that of a woman wanted for murder. The sisters set out to clear the woman's name, but are impressed when Billie is the one that comes up with the perfect plan. Meanwhile, Phoebe has a premonition that an earthquake will hit on the night of Dex's art gallery opening; Leo hosts a kids play group at the house and is caught off guard when one of the mothers mistakes him for a single dad; and Paige becomes annoyed with Billie's lack of respect for the art of witchcraft.

Interesting, too bad I won't be able to watch tonight. Maybe I can get my brother to tape it.

I don't like Billie at all. A little too prissy know-it-all for me. I hope they don't go for a spin-off, I know I won't be watching, unless Holly's a regular.

Ep. 4- Desperate Housewitches airs on Oct. 16 at 8/7c on the WB

Wyatt's (Kristopher and Jason Simmons) impending school play brings out the competitive nature in Piper when her hand-sewn costume for Wyatt and her parenting ability are attacked by Mandi (guest star Michelle Stafford), the perfect Stepford-like mother. Unbeknownst to Piper, Mandi is a demon in disguise, befriending Wyatt so that she can kidnap him to use his powers to bring back The Source and create the perfect demon family. Meanwhile, bored with learning the basics of magic but intrigued with the idea of a Magic School, Billie uses a potion to send her and Leo to the school. Once there, they realize that the school has been taken over by demons who have kidnapped Wyatt. Knowing that Phoebe feels Dex is the one, Paige worries when she suspects he is seeing another woman, and decides to intervene.

Ep. 5- Rewitched airs Oct. 23 at 8/7c on the WB

Unaware that she is being watched, Billie jeopardizes the Charmed Ones' new lives when she uses her powers to save an innocent and is caught by Agent Murphy (guest star Brandon Quinn) of Homeland Security, who has suspected all along that she and the "cousins" are involved in supernatural activities and that the Halliwell sisters are not dead. Meanwhile, Phoebe's overnight trip with Dex ends in marriage when she and Dex are put under a spell by Billie; and Piper and Paige organize a speed dating night at P3 to get the club back on its financial feet.

Ep. 6- Kill Billie, Vol. 1 airs Oct. 30 at 8/7c on the WB

Armed and ready to vanquish, Billie inexplicably freezes and is flooded with childhood flashbacks when she sees her latest demon target, The Dogan (guest star Eric Steinberg). Wanting to prove to the sisters that she is an asset, Billie casts a spell to erase her fears and goes after the demon. However, when the spell doesn't work, Billie opens up to the sisters and relives her painful childhood memory of the long-ago Halloween when her sister was kidnapped by a demon. Meanwhile, since the Charmed Ones and Leo permanently morphed into their old identities and announced their involvement with Homeland Security, the sisters have been bombarded by the press. Wanting to put a stop to it, Paige turns to the Elders for help. After telling Dex that she is a witch, Phoebe and Dex realize that their relationship is moving too fast and decide to slow things down - without the help of magic. Leo confronts Piper on being Mr. Mom.

Ep. 7- The Lost Picture Show airs Nov. 6 at 8/7c on the WB

Wanting to get her old job back as a social worker, Paige's plan changes when her Whitelighter father, Sam (guest star Scott Jaeck), asks for her help with his charge, JD (guest star Jay Kenneth), a future Whitelighter, who recently re-appeared after fifty years. Paige and Sam learn that JD escaped from Vaklav (guest star Will Snow), a demon who has kidnapped people throughout time by holding them hostage in an evil photo collage. Meanwhile, Piper and Leo go to see a magical marriage counselor who switches their bodies, forcing each to walk a mile in the other's shoes; Phoebe visits a sperm bank in hopes of finding the perfect donor to father her child; and Billie blames herself for not being able to protect JD.

Ep. 8- Battle of the Hexes aired Nov. 13 at 8/7c on the WB

The Charmed Ones are given their first Homeland Security case by Agent Murphy going through cold case files. Phoebe and Billie discover a belt in one file that gives Billie superpowers. Her new power begins turning the sexes on one another, so a power-hungry female demon decides to use Billie to achieve female domination. Meanwhile, Piper and Leo search for a band to play at the club and sparks fly between Paige and her new charge's parole officer, Henry (guest star Ivan Sergei).

Ep. 9- Hulkus Pocus airs Nov. 20 at 8/7c on the WB

The help of Charmed Ones is enlisted by Agent Murphy when a demon escapes from the government's custody. They discover that a government-created virus is spreading amongst magical beings causing them to "hulk out." After Billie is scratched by a demon and becomes infected with the virus, Piper and Leo race against time to find an antidote to save her life. The sisters realize the only way to save Billie is to become infected with the virus and turn into "hulked out" versions of themselves. Meanwhile, Paige is put in charge of watching a baby when one of Henry's parolees is busted. Phoebe reflects on her failed premonition about having a baby.

Ep. 10- Vaya Con Leos airs Nov. 27 at 8/7c on the WB

The Angel of Death (guest star Simon Templeman) visits the Charmed Ones with a familiar name on his list - Leo. After a spell to buy Leo some time backfires, suddenly turning every guy into a Leo look-alike, Piper turns to the The Elders and The Avatars for help in trying to save him. Meanwhile, Phoebe and Billie are on the hunt for clues about Billie's missing sister and cross paths with Burke (guest star Darren Pettie), a demonic bounty-hunter, who keeps his victims frozen like trophies. Paige turns to Henry for help.

for my 3000th post, I thought I'd post in the Charmed thread, which I asked Charlie to start 3 years ago. notice the trend? (3000 and 3 years?) here's an article that shows what one person thinks of Charmed's final season so far. there will be no new episodes in the US until January, so here's your dose of Charmed for the next month.

Jordan Jacobs said:
Charmed Everlasting

Strange things can happen in the entertainment industry, I tell actors this everyday. Historically, it is rare for a series to resurrect after it has officially been declared deceased by a network. It has happened, but it is rare. At the end of last season, everyone involved in the ever surprising series Charmed, was tired. Many made plans on how they would move on to other projects. Our favorite ladies were just plain pooped out. Most assumed the end was near for this lovely little series. Even the writers made written strides to attempt to provide the fans with a semblance of closure, albeit it the closure solution was a deep hole they would later regret. Well, decisions as to whether to shut off the ventilator on a series are made by number crunchers and for the most part executives that factor in ad revenues while taking into consideration the entirety of the strength of their show roster that they have to offer. Otherwise, if we cancel it what do we replace it with that can attempt to compete in this time slot? Hummm...there was a dilemma. As the wrap party came and tearful goodbyes were said, the cast and crew did not know whether they would return or not, they assumed this would probably be their last time together. This line of thinking continued. The writers had sighed and people had hugged. Then, the number crunchers were finished, a few voices at the WB spoke up, the up fronts were revealed and *SURPRISE* Charmed was renewed for yet another season - with some caveats. First, sorry guys, in order to boost ad revenues because the ratings had slipped for the last season, we can not charge the same ad rate and must drop them so therefore we are cutting your production budget. Additionally, they wanted less supernatural storylines - at least for the initial half of the season and more personal relationships within the triple siblings. Ok time to regroup.

Season 8 has a new feel to it. The writers have successfully brought the girls out whole plot wise. The story lines are fine but that is not what has changed the feel of Charmed. The actor's performances are different. After 8 years, these ladies have managed to renew their characterizations. Actors pull motivation for their characters in many different ways. From Meisner to Stanislavski to Chubback actors pull from many training methodologies to assist them in character creation. Actors do not choose to be actors; they are genetically predisposed to be actors. Their soul drives them to perform. Many times their evolution into good actors can be fraught with painful revelations. One of the first things we notice this year on Charmed is the performance by Alyssa Milano of Phoebe. Her performance in this new season has changed substantially. There is an inner peace about Alyssa's performance this season. Her performance is softer and calmer - almost as if she is pulling from an inner peace. Could this have origins in her worldwide travels, this summer to India. Alyssa's heart is gold and thus far so are her performances. This is a wonderful performer. Heads up Joan Hyler, this lady needs a good solid romantic comedy feature. Could it be time to take a breather from episodic television and give her some good material for a feature? Let's get in there and pitch her, package her and roll.

Holly's performance this season has altered, as well. She is smoother and funnier. Her performance of Piper has renewed vigor versus showing wear. Her depiction of the eldest appears so satiny and her timing is excellent. Holly has done the Lifetime gig. Come on Gersh and Himber let's give this lady her due. It is time to pitch her for other projects. This is an actor with range and skill. She most likely is pushing for time off to rest and spend with her family. My suggestion is put the solid projects in front of her. The soul of an artist always soars when they have good material in their hands.

Brava to Rose McGowan for her performances thus far this season. She is carrying more of the load and has relaxed into this. Her performance is more relaxed and contemplated this season. United is repping Rose fairly well. Her performance in Elvis, as Ann Margaret was well done. She has the part of Sheryl Saddon, in the upcoming feature The Black Dahlia by director Brian de Palma with Hilary Swank and Josh Hartnett, will be released in April.

Kaley Cuoco is a nice addition to this seasoned cast. She is cute, vivacious and provides shooting relief for the girls. She fits better than most would. As Charmed fans tend to be voracious with unprecedented loyalty - nothing suits them more than when the true power of three is on our screens and if you want Kaley can come too.

(highlight the following to view spoiler for those not caught up in episodes)
On another note, Brian Krause's performances have been limited this season. Fans do not despair. Alyssa and Holly are both executive producers on this series and one belief that they both share is to provide their loyal audience with what they want. Both believe that the fans deserve closure and will provide it to the very best way they are able. This writer believes that Leo will be charmingly preserved. They will never allow this series to come to a close without this pair reunited. So breathe easy, my friends, the best is yet to be this season.

The ratings for Charmed have improved over last season. More viewers are tuning in. Charmed has surpassed the WB cornerstone 7th Heaven. What will the WB execs do at the end of this season? The girl's contracts are up, they are tired. They need rest and creative nourishment. If it continues to be a season filled with solid plots, strong performances and solid ratings, I believe that some begging may be in order. And ladies, thank you once again for coming to our homes to be our friends. As always, you continue to be welcome in our hearts.

ETA: spoiler disclaimer

Ep. 11- Mr. & Mrs. Witch airs Jan. 8 at 8/7c on the WB

Billie's new theory that her sister's kidnapping was a demonic conspiracy leads her to contact victims of various magical kidnappings, including Dalvos (guest star Sean McDermott), a partner at a powerful company who, unbeknownst to Billie, is a demon posing as a human. With the stress of trying to find her sister while her parents are visiting, Billie discovers the power of projection when she inadvertently transforms her parents into cold-blooded assassins, who are then hired by Dalvos to kill the CEO of the company.

Ep. 12- Payback's a Witch airs Jan. 15 at 8/7c on the WB

Paige tries to help Henry get his parolee, Nick (guest star Karl Makinen), a loan at a bank, but when the loan is denied, Nick crashes his car into the bank and holds everyone hostage. The flurry of media causes Paige and Billie to come up with a solution that does not include magic. Meanwhile, Piper and Phoebe have their hands full when Wyatt celebrates his third birthday by using his magic to make his dolls and toys come to life.

Ep. 13- Repo Manor aired Jan. 22 at 8/7c on the WB

Phoebe realizes that she must move on with her life and signs a lease for a new apartment, while Paige considers moving in with Henry, and Piper tries to maintain control after losing Leo. However, the Charmed Ones are forced to stay under the same roof-literally-when a demon kidnaps the sisters, miniaturizes them and imprisons them in a dollhouse replica of the Manor. The demon enlists the help of expert doppelgangers to channel the Power of Three and kill the Demonic Master Clan that has enslaved his demon tribe. Meanwhile, Billie continues the search for her missing sister.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt Webb Mitovich of TV Guide Online said:
Charmed Hits a (Final?) Milestone
With its Jan. 22 broadcast, WB's Charmed (Sundays at 8 pm/ET) — which premiered Oct. 7, 1998 — becomes the longest-running television series boasting all female leads, having bewitched viewers for more years than such estrogen-heavy fare as Laverne & Shirley, Designing Women and Sex and the City. To mark the milestone, TVGuide.com sat down with executive producer Brad Kern to assess the show's assets, assay the avidness of its fans and conjure up a peek at its future — no matter how (gulp!) finite it may be.

TVGuide.com: Regarding the milestone you've achieved, how does one even stumble upon such a factoid?
Brad Kern: I don't know. I kept pressing the publicity people, saying, "Are we sure we're right about this?" because wasn't Murder, She Wrote on for, like, 12 years? They said, "No, no, this is for female leads, plural." I guess the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences contacted Paramount to alert us to the fact that we had surpassed the longest-running hour featuring female leads, and the only milestone left [to surpass] was the longest-running half-hour [Laverne & Shirley].

TVGuide.com: And this Sunday, you actually take the title.
Kern: I wonder if I get any door prizes!

TVGuide.com: Something I always find interesting is that every week, Charmed lands in the Top 20 searches on TVGuide.com, but, of course, the show isn't in the Top 20 of the Nielsen ratings. Why do you think that is? What's your view on the fan base?
Kern: The WB has moved us three or four times, and yet each time they do that, the fans have followed. I just think these kinds of shows lend themselves to loyal fan bases. When I was on [The Adventures of] Lois and Clark [as a coexecutive producer-writer], the Internet was just becoming big, and we had a huge fan base on that show. I know The X-Files does and did. And Buffy, and now Lost. These shows all seem to attract computer-savvy fans. Once they like a show, they are loyal as loyal can be, and that's probably why we get so many hits on the Internet.

TVGuide.com: Plus with this type of show, fans can get wrapped up in the mythology, the addition and subtraction of powers, the assorted demons....
Kern: Sure — almost to a fault. Unfortunately, all shows have to reach beyond the loyal fan base, and those [new viewers] would get lost in the minutiae if you spent too much time trying to connect all the dots. Part of the challenge is to always reward the loyal fan base with consistent mythology, but not be so locked into it where you've cornered yourself and can't do stories that the rest of the audience can follow.

TVGuide.com: One fan criticism is that Charmed, as of late, sometimes veers from sisters-focused storytelling and is more about other relationships.
Kern: There are two reasons for that. One, it's the eighth year, so you have to branch the series out; it has to grow from what you've done. The second reason, which ties into the first, is that there are only so many "sister stories" you can do. The stars have been doing the series for so long that the only way I can make it fresh for them is to give them new material that has them, more often than not, working off other actors and characters, while I also try to give them some time off. Working eight straight days, like they did for so many years, [makes them] burned out, and understandably so. I'm fully aware of the loyal fans' concerns of pulling away from the sisters, but there's no way to do it anymore. Eight years later, you can't have the sisters still sitting around the dinner table complaining about life every week because after a while, they look around and go, "Didn't we have this conversation before?"

TVGuide.com: You've also taken some heat for writing out Brian Krause's Leo. Did you anticipate that, or did you think you could slip him out quietly?
Kern: When I was forced into writing Leo out of the show, for budgetary reasons, the first thing I told anybody who would listen — the powers that be — was that it is a huge mistake and the fans would be in an uproar. But the budget ax swung very deeply in bringing us back [for this season], and it was non-negotiable. I had nothing to do with it. I'm the first one to say that, because I was the one left having to figure out how to take him out! I was the one who fought for him to be on the show for even 10 episodes this year. I had to find money from other places to keep him around.

TVGuide.com: You had to fire a couple of leprechauns, didn't you?
Kern: I had to do a lot, personally and professionally, to figure out where some of that money would come from. Knowing the fans would be upset and knowing that this is the series finale we're building up to, the only thing I felt I could do was not to kill off his character, but basically put him in limbo and play "How to bring Leo and Piper back together" for the rest of the season leading up to the finale, where hopefully we'll be able to creatively and proactively bring him back.

TVGuide.com: So is this officially Charmed's final season?
Kern: Nobody at WB will commit one way or the other. I've heard nothing about it. As far as I'm concerned, this is it. Last year the show was held in limbo, but fortunately "the governor called" and we got another year. I wasn't able to craft a season or series finale [then], so I did sort of a hybrid, which to me was disappointing creatively. This year, with no contract for the girls [Alyssa Milano, Holly Marie Combs, Rose McGowan and Kaley Cuoco] and no contract for me, the WB seems to be looking forward to looking for "the next generation" of shows. We're still an expensive show, and all those factors tell me that, here in the middle of January, I'm just pushing toward the series finale. It's too late for them to say, "We want to find a way to make a ninth season" — but it doesn't mean there can't be a spin-off.

TVGuide.com: Is the sometime-rumored Kaley Cuoco/Billie spin-off an option?
Kern: Any spin-off is still an option, because no one has ruled out any options at the WB. I have heard nothing, the silence has been deafening. I've just been going about doing my job and trying to build up to a series finale, not something that's neither here nor there like last year.

highlight the rest of the interview to see some semi-spoilers

TVGuide.com: With that said, what's coming up during the back half of the season? Any returns for Cole or Prue?
Kern: [Laughs] In my ideal world... The huge problem I have to deal with this year is the budget cutback. I'm trying to save money each episode so I can afford to bring back as many of the regular cast members as possible. Who that will be, I don't know, but my plan is to have the equivalent of a "family reunion" including as many people as I can afford. I'm not going to be able to get Julian McMahon back [as Cole]; I twisted his arm, and begged and bribed him to come back for the 150th episode last year, which he so lovingly offered to do. But that doesn't mean I don't have flashbacks! [Laughs] I can pull back the celluloid. The goal for me is to take the series out the way it began. It's interesting that one of the criticisms, rightfully so, is about the lack of sisterhood, but I'm building to it being all about sisters. Even when we talk about Kaley Cuoco's Billie, we're going to be bringing her sister, Christy, into the show [played by recent Supernatural guest star Marnette Patterson], working around the final ultimate battle. That seems kind of poetic because that's what the series has fundamentally always been about, and that's how it will end.

TVGuide.com: What's the bullet on Christy?
Kern: As we know, she was kidnapped by a demon when Billie was 5 and the sister was 7. She will be found after spending the last 15 years with demons.

TVGuide.com: Hmm, I take it she's not too happy.
Kern: She's a little traumatized, and certainly mysterious. Who is she? Is she the sweet child who had the potential of powers before she was taken, or has she been Stockholm Syndrome'd and now believes in the demonic way?

TVGuide.com: Ah, the age-old nature vs. nurture debate.
Kern: You got it! [It's a question] we've played with and toyed with and worked every way possible over the last eight years, and [for the finale] we would like to return to it.

Ep. 14- 12 Angry Zen airs Feb. 12 at 8/7c on the WB

In searching for information about Leo, Piper discovers a message from Lo Pan (guest star Clyde Kusatsu), a monk and keeper of a sacred Buddhist staff containing the power of influence. Lo Pan teaches Billie how to harness her power of projection to find her sister Christy. Phoebe celebrates her independence from the manor by throwing a housewarming party that gets out of control. Finally, Paige introduces Henry to the world of magic by taking him on an "orb-along."

When we last left the Charmed Ones, everyone thought that they were dead...including the demonic world. However, we know that they have merely put on a disguise. Paige gets a call from her new charge who turns out to be this Wonder Woman meets Buffy college student named Billie who has great potential to become a powerful witch. After a few tiffs with the Paige, Billie decides to help the Charmed Ones vanquish demons (and keep their identities a secret) and in return, the Charmed Ones will take her under their wings. Meanwhile, Phoebe meets this hot guy, Dex, at her funeral who happens to have been a big fan of hers. He worked with the newspaper and always read Ask Phoebe. Phoebe goes out with him, but he obviously doesn't know that it's her. Billy accidently casts a spell on them and they end up getting married. They feel like their relationship is moving too fast and not only did they get their marriage annulled, they broke up after Phoebe reveals to Dex that she is a witch. Becoming distraught that her premonitions indirectly lied to her about getting married, she loses all interest in love and tries to take control of her destiny by going to a sperm bank. After talking with her sisters and rationalizing, Phoebe calms down and moves out of the manor.

Meanwhile, the Department of Homeland Security is not convinced that the Halliwell Sisters are truly dead so they leave behind one of their own, Agent Murphy, to watch over the manor, especially after their three "cousins" move in. The Charmed Ones soon grow tired of their disguises because they do not want to live out the rest of their lives in secrecy and go to Agent Murphy for help. He makes up a story that the sisters were involved in a secret mission for the government and that faking their death was crucial for their cover. In return, the sisters must help DHS in solving supernatural mysteries.

Let's not forget about Billie. During one confrontation with a demon, she has a flashback to her childhood when her older sister, Christie, was taken by a demon. She realizes the assets the Charmed Ones have and become obsessed with finding her sister. Her parents even come into town and disprove the myth Billie had that her parents had given up looking for Christie.

Paige, while answering the call of one of her charges, meets her charge's parol officer, Henry. The classic he-wants-her and she-secretly-wants-him-as-well goes on when Paige always appears in the nick of time to help out Henry. One thing leads to another and Paige and Henry become a "thing". Paige sees this relationship going to the next level, and I don't mean third base, I mean sharing her secret. Paige works up the courage to tell Henry and assumed that he would not be cool with it. However, Henry is ok with the fact that Paige is a witch and Paige is happy, to say the least.

What's going on with Piper and Leo? I'm not sure what's going on with Leo, but after smoothing over the whole Leo-has-become-Mr.-Mom ordeal, Piper and Leo's marriage could not have been any better. As we know in the Charmed world, all good things must come to an end and this happy scene shattered into a million pieces when the Angel of Death appears to Piper. Piper totally flips out because only a person about to die sees the Angel. He explains that he appeared to her out of courtesy to warn her that Leo will die. Piper was adamant that Leo not be taken from Wyatt, Chris, and her and worked out a compromise with the Elders, Avatars, and the Angel of Death. Leo will be frozen and taken away because the Charmed Ones need this pain in order to fight the ultimate battle between Good and Evil. The battle is approaching, but the time is not stated. Piper tries to move on with life, but obviously it's hard.

With about 8 episodes left in the season, will Phoebe find love again to start her family? Will Billie ever find her sister? Will Paige and Henry tie the knot? Will Leo ever be returned to Piper and the boys? What will be the result of this final battle in which the winner takes it all? Most importantly, how will the story, which has enthralled viewers for almost 8 years, come to an end? Watch the WB Sunday nights at 8/7c this spring to find out.

Ep. 15- The Last Temptation of Christy aired Feb. 19 at 8/7c on the WB
Paige begins to realize the difficulty in dating a mortal when Henry tries to immerse himself in her magical world. She finds herself even more conflicted when a suitor, Sir Simon Marks (guest star Warren Derosa), arrives hoping to convince her to marry him so they can become the ultimate magical couple. Piper also faces a romantic decision when she runs into her old flame, Greg (guest star Jason Shaw), and begins to wonder if she is ready to put Leo's death behind her. Meanwhile, after Billie finds her missing sister, Christy (guest star Marnette Patterson, "Nip/Tuck"), who has been held captive by demons for several years, she and Phoebe try to help her cope.

Ep. 16- Engaged and Confused airs Feb. 26 at 8/7c on the WB
Piper organizes and engagement party for Paige and Henry, but the wedding is put in jeopardy when the couple begins to get cold feet. Phoebe notices a strange man following her, and soon discovers that he is Cupid (guest star Victor Webster, "Must Love Dogs"). Meanwhile, a demon kidnaps Christy in order to lure The Charmed Ones into attacking the Triad and prevent them from taking over the Underworld.

Ep. 17 - Generation Hex aired April 16 at 8/7c on the WB
After Paige and Henry leave for their honeymoon, Cupid "Coop" (guest star Victor Webster) takes Phoebe on a journey through her past romances in an attempt to revive her excitement for love. Meanwhile, a group of magical teens, who are protégés of Leo, come to the manor seeking refuge from demons that have overtaken the Magic School, forcing Piper to take charge. Billie and Christy's parents come to town for a visit, but Christy refuses to see them in order to test Billie.

Ep. 18 - The Torn Identity airs April 23 at 8/7c on the WB
Coop tries to find the perfect love match for Phoebe, who has to choose between a mortal or someone magical. Coop later realizes he has fallen for Phoebe, just as she decides she wants to be with a mortal. Meanwhile, Paige finds it difficult to balance married life to Henry and her responsibilities as a Charmed One. Piper tracks the down the demons who killed Billie and Christy's parents and interrogates them in her effort to prove they are connected to the "Ultimate Power."