Ch. 1- An Exotic Somewhere...
(Sydney POV)

"Mommy! Mommy!"

"What is it, sweetheart?"

"Can you tell me a story like usual?"

"Oh, sweetheart. Mommy's very tired tonight. Maybe tomorrow."

"Please, mommy? I want to hear the one about the two people that fell in love."

"Oh, alright, Jacklyn. Get under the covers."

I never thought I would be the mother of a four-year-old. She got his green eyes, my brown hair with my mother's natural easy wave, and my father's stare. She is already in first grade, being exceptionally smart for her age, yet she will never stop being my little girl. Since my father died four years ago, a day hasn't gone by when something in this life hasn't reminded me of him. The picture of him and I on my wedding day, the way Jacklyn stares at me when she's mad or frustrated, and my mother. We see her periodically, still held as a prisoner of the United States. I guess I'll never leave that life behind.

"Alright, let's see... well, a long time ago, somewhere... not just any somewhere, but an exotic somewhere, there was a man and a woman. The woman worked with the man, and although they were very good friends, they couldn't tell their true feelings to each other. Plus, they weren't allowed to see each other outside of work. So one day, after they'd been working together about five years..."

I kept going for about ten minutes after, waiting to make sure Jacklyn was securely in dreamland. Then I crept out of her room and tiptoed my way down the carpeted hallway, careful on my way down the stairs to make sure I didn't hit any of the spots that creaked. After being here four years, I had made mental notes of any place in the house that made any loud or intrusive sounds. As usual, he was asleep on the couch in front of the television with a hockey game in its last quarter. A sea of paperwork surrounded him, leaving me to wonder if my husband was even under there. I gently shook him and as usual, he grunted, rolled over, and went back to sleep.

"Well, looks like I'll be putting two kids to bed tonight," I thought to myself. Except this time out of the corner of my eye, I saw one of his eyes open just a slit and I knew what was coming. Like lightning, he put his arms around my waist and pulled me onto the enormous couch with him. Luckily, I had learned not to screech when he did that.

"Hey gorgeous," he said through eyes obviously at half mast.

"Gorgeous, yourself." I playfully slapped him and went to get up, but he pulled me down again, kissing my exposed neck and shoulders.

"If Jacklyn wakes up because of you, I'll never forgive you," I whisper threateningly. He knows not to take me seriously, though.

"That little girl is probably sawing logs as we speak. Don't worry about her, she's fine."

"Oh, alright." We laid there a few more minutes in sweet silence before I realized I was starting to fall asleep.

"Mike? Can you make it to the bedroom?"

"Sure thing, Syd. Just ten more minutes," he mumbled, eyes closed.

"Come on, get up." I rolled off the couch and picked up his head. This usually worked, and if it didn't, I resorted to the extreme: cold water.

"Alright, alright, I'm coming." He trudged up the stairs behind me, looking ready to fall asleep standing up. I got behind him and kept giving him little pushes until we reached our room. It was a large, spacious room with a queen-size bed and lots of floor space. And oddly enough at the moment, tidy.

"Night Syd." He had already rolled into bed, not caring where he landed. I got in on the other side and turned off the light. As usual, his arms slid around my waist and we went to sleep. A happy family.
I'll see what you guys think, and if you like it I'll keep going. And I will write an epilogue for A New Hope, just to let you guys know.

~Me :angel2:

hehehe it's good. at first when i read it i thought you said four years ago when HER father died and i was like WTF what did you do to Vaughn! and then i was like oh MY father... lol
--mandy

ahhhh i love it, Vaughn a father, I always had looked at it through syds perspective and vaughn was juust kinda there it just hit me that he was a father, wow kinda cool
please write more soon

I don't know how you do it Alias Elle. This is really good! Even after one addition, I cannot wait for more!!!!

More...
Ch.2- Haunting Memories

The death of my father left me with a great responsibility. I had to take care of all of his affairs before I was able to forget one life and start a new one with Mike and Jacklyn. She was named after her grandfather, although we all call her Jackie. Anyway, about two years after my father died, I was forced to pick up where he left off. He was working on a Classified Intel project, however, I was allowed access to it. That’s when my troubles started.

Two Years Ago…

“Mike, Jacklyn has to be at the sitter in fifteen minutes. Would you please hurry?” I yelled at him from the bottom of the stairway. And we women are ridiculed because we take too long in the bathroom

“I’ll be down in a sec,” he yelled back, obviously irritated. This morning, after he had hit the snooze button for the fifth time, I finally realized it was seven o’clock. I needed to be to work in an hour and still needed to shower, blowdry my hair and get Jacklyn to her sitter.

“Mike, let’s go!” I yell back. Men.

“Alright, alright, let’s go,” he says, coming down the stairs with his top two buttons undone, tying his tie and a piece of toast with jam and butter on it sticking out of his mouth.

“Daddy!” It amazed me that no matter how crappy we were feeling at the moment, Jacklyn could always make us feel better.

“How’s daddy’s little-“

“Daddy can spoil his daughter on the way to the car. Let’s go!” I said, giving both of them a little push towards the door. He picked up Jacklyn and carried her to the car.

“How did you sleep last night, sweetheart?” he said, kissing her cheek. I had to stop for a moment and remember this amazing man, my husband and the father of my child, was mine. He always was and always would be mine.

“Fine, daddy. And you?” she asked, carrying out their usual morning routine.

“Just swell. All five hours,” he grumbled. I wondered why he had gotten so little sleep.

“Hey Syd, are you stopping by the offices today or are you working at the school today?” he said, looking through the open car doors at me as he put Jacklyn in her baby seat and I got in the driver door.

“I’m going to the offices. I have some damage control to take care of,” I said, lowering my voice. Jacklyn was busy looking out the window.

“Okay. I’ll meet you for lunch then. Joey’s Pizza,” he said with a mischievous smile. After all these years, he still used our old signal. Except this time it applied to our lunch place- Francie’s restaurant.

“Alright.” He slammed the door and I turned on the ignition. He came around to my door and I rolled the window down. He stuck his head in and kissed me, bade me have a good day, then waved as I drove away. I knew he would be pulling out a moment later, so I didn’t hear him or see him as he started running after my car, yelling for me to stop. I knew he was going to go to work, so I didn’t feel the need to have my cell-phone out of my purse where I might be able to hear it. I knew all of these things, so why wasn’t I smart enough to assume something just might be wrong?
Hope you guys like it!

WOOW~~~~~~~~~
OWWWWWWWWWWWWW omg im sorry but do you know what is really HOT, no not mv
tabasco hot sauce
well stupid me i didnt really know how hot it was untill i practicallt drank it
OWOWOWOWOW
sry i love the story though its great!!!

Thanks you guys!

Oh, and sark vs. vaughn, just to let you know, you're not supposed to have more than one line of text in your sig if you have a picture. But I have three, so whatever! You might want to get rid of a few.

ill switch it later i have soooooo much homework this weekend it is NOT cool at all, my teachers hate us,
1 science fair project due
2 world cultures project
alot of math that i dont understand

I hate it when even if it's a school where you're not getting graded, you still have to study! Like my driving school!

Yeah, I should be studying for finals as we speak because they start next Wed. but I'm too lazy and having too much fun on here.

Uh, guys... I'm not letting this one fall.
Ch. 3- History Repeats Itself

I got on the five freeway. Jacklyn’s sitter lived twenty minutes away, and I was already running late so I decided to take the fast road. And of course-

Gridlock.

Solid gridlock from our house on Orange Grove Lane all the way into Los Angeles. I only had to go a few exits, so I decided to ride it out. That was my biggest mistake yet. I was usually extremely cautious, my years of spy training sticking with me. But today I was in such a rush I didn’t care about anything except getting Jackie to the sitter and me to the office. I heard a familiar noise, and as I wasn’t going anywhere, I decided to see who was calling my cell.

“Hello?”

“Sydney, listen to me very carefully. There was a small can of tear gas implanted at the bottom of the car. Do not let the car stop. I repeat, do not let the car stop.”

“Mike, are you sure?”

“I’m positive. I saw it as you were pulling away. You must not have seen me chase after the car. Listen, just don’t turn on the heat, open the windows, and try to keep the car moving. Get over to CIA headquarters with Jacklyn. Just get over there now.”

“Alright. Just give me a few minutes.”

November 16- the day my father’s enemies began to wreak their revenge. After several months of working as an active agent, it was assumed I would pick up where my father had left off. I didn’t know until that day, though, that I would. I didn’t know I would endanger people I cared about the most- Mike, Jacklyn, Francie, Will, Weiss… everyone I had come to love and who had come to love me over the years. Once again, I would have to lie to everyone except Mike. Once again, he would be my guardian angel.

I hit the gas pedal and took the shoulder. The exit was only twenty, thirty feet away at most. That’s when I noticed something- I was low on gas. Could things be any worse?

Outside of the CIA

“Sydney! Over here!”

I saw Mike waving his arm from the curb. I pulled over slightly, making sure not to turn off the engine. I slowed just enough for them to open up the back door and grab Jacklyn. I slid over to the passenger seat and got out the passenger door, reaching over and turning off the engine as I got out. The car started filling with smoke, and I watched in horror and thought, ‘What if Jackie and I had still been in there when I turned off the car?’ I felt Mike put a hand on my shoulder and veer me into the CIA building. Someone handed Jacklyn to me, and I clung to her, not knowing whether to breath a sigh of relief or sob at the thought of her potential demise.

“Sydney… Syd, are you and Jacklyn alright?”

“I think so. I… yeah, I’m alright.”

“I’m fine, Daddy. Hey Daddy, what’s going on?” I think I was gifted with Einstein for a child.

“Honey, you’re at Daddy’s work and occasionally Mommy’s. But you have to be extra good today, okay?”

“Okay, Daddy.” She turned to me. “Mommy, is the car sick?”

“Yes honey. But these nice men are going to try to make it better. But for now we are going to stay here with Daddy, okay?”

“Okay, Mommy.” She busied herself with buttoning and unbuttoning her white sweater. For the next hour and a half, Mike and I were run ragged with meetings, discussing who would have taken a hit out on me. Jacklyn was busy with a constant stream of admirers while sitting quietly at my desk playing with her bear. I think I was one of the lucky ones to have such a great little girl. Finally, two hours later, Mike and I were allowed to go home. We took *his* car, seeing as how mine was still in “Detox” as we affectionately called it.

“Wow, what a day. Are you doing alright, Jackie?” Mike looked over his shoulder and asked her before we pulled out.

“I’m having fun playing with my teddy. I liked going to work today.”

We smiled at the comment, then I thought about it. She liked being in the world I have had to be in since I was nineteen years old. Dear god, history really does repeat itself.

Okay, I don’t know if a two-year-old could speak like this or if tear gas really can fill up a car with smoke, this is just another idea I had. Yes, I will continue since she does need to find a suitable villain (hint hint) so I’ll be back later.

Back