Happily Ever After

Chapter 1: Truths are Revealed

Sydney sat on her chair at the CIA safe house in Hong Kong. She was now wipeing away the tears that had fallen rapidly for what felt like a century.

"Vaughn is married. Vaughn is married. Vaughn is married!!" the words continued to revolve around in her brain.

she remembered everything that had happened in the past 2 hours. first, she had woken up in an alley in the middle of Hong Kong. she didn't remember how she got there or why she was in different clothes. she remembered the horrific fight she had with Francie that night. Or what had felt like that night. She had just learned that Francie was the double, not Will. "Will!" she thought. What had happened to him? Was he dead? Had Francie's evil twin gotten to him first? She kept pinching herself to make sure this wasn't a dream. She felt the pinch. It was true! how could it be true?? Francie wasn't dead and neither was Will.

she then called the CIA. She was told by Kendall to go to the Safe house until her contact arrived.

her contact was michael. she was never happier to see her boyfriend. as he sat down, something caught her eye. He was wearing a ring. Just thinking of that again, She felt another flood of tears.

She asked him why he was wearing a ring. He said that they had told him she was dead. she had been missing for 2 years. "2 Years???!!!"

then came all of the explaining. she had been pronounced dead soon after the fight with Allison. but she was still alive. as he continued to explain, tears not only fell from her eyes, but also his.

"After you were 'killed', i went crazy. do you remember that weekend? We were going on vacation. i was going to propose to you, but then all of this happened. the CIA actually threatened me that if my depression didn't stop, they would have to fire me. then, one day, I, while returning your ring, ran into Alice. Apparently, she had quit her job as a nurse, and now worked in a jewelery shop. she saw that I was in bad shape, and she helped me get better. Once i was back to normal, we started dating. after 8 months, i proposed to her. i'm sorry. i thought you were dead and so i married her. i continued to work for the CIA despite what she told me. We captured your Mom and Sloane. Sark's still in custody."

Sydney was speechless. "vaughn, do you remember that night in taipei when we went to get Will back? i didn't give up on you until i found you. i was so scared you were dead. then i found you in france. i was so relieved. and then there was that time when the CIA thought we were sick. as soon as i found out that you were sick, i went to see my mom. she told me there was an antodote. when i went to get your blood, you looked so weak and helpless just lying there. i met alice that day. her and me have nothiing in common, maybe that's why you 2 got married. you didn't want anything to remind you of me."

"Syd, you don't undersatnd. i was so depressed. i even thought of suciside. i blamed myself. i even went to see barnett. do you know what it takes for me to see barnett? a lot!"

"Don't syd me! I loved you and I can't forgive you for that! vaughn, you were the only person i could trust. i trusted you with my life without hesitation! I worked w/ Sark to save your life. only to find out that i was helping sloane! Who do you think you are?"

"Syd, i married her, and there's nothing you can do!"

"So, is she wearing my ring or did you buy her a better one?"

"She's got your ring. You can't change the past! The CIA sent me to come here and explain. they thought it best given our history."

"So, if they didn't want you to come, you would never have came?"

"It's not like that!"

"That's exactly the way it is! and you know it!!"

"Look, I'm sorry, alright!?!"

"Yeah, I'm sorry for ever thinking that you would love me more than i thought you did. i never want to see or hear from you ever again! i would appreciate it if you left right now!

Without a word, vaughn got up and exited the room, leaving Sydney crying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

what do yall think???

k, here's the next chapter, enjoy!

Chapter 2: Reunion

(One Year Later)

Sydney stepped out of the shower and got dressed. She was going to be early for work today. "Good." She thought.

She gazed at her appearance in the full length mirror in her bedroom. Her lavendar suit brought out her eyes. She slipped on her matching shoes and went into her kitchen to make breakfast.

Since the day she had woken up in Hong Kong, she vowed to herself that she would never work for any government agency again. Including banks. She had spent nearly the last decade lying to her friends and what was left of her family, about her career, saying that she had worked at a bank in downtown LA. She had also changed her style of clothes. While she had worked for SD-6 and the CIA, she wore dark clothes nearly everyday. Lately, she wore light and bright outfits.

As she gulped down her ceral, she imagined what her day would be like. Her classes would go well, they always did. She would help any students that needed help, and then, she'd go out for lunch. She would be eating lunch that day at a local cafe with Joey, and return to her office to wait for her next class to arrive. Joey was a teacher at the college too. Lately, they'd been meeting for lunch dates, coffee, and sometimes dinner. Sydney had to admit, Joey was very good to her. He was nice, kind, and handsome. They'd been going out for about a year and they had really hit off. She hadn't been able to tell him the truth about her previous career, fearing for his safety. He didn't seem to mind though. And Sydney loved that about him. What was in the past wasn't important, what was important was now.

She glanced at her calendar. October 1, 2006. On exactly this same day, she had met Vaughn 5 years ago. Also on this day, she had met Joey, 1 year ago. Joey didn't break her heart like Vaughn had. She was actually begining to see a future with Joey. An even better one than she had seen with Vaughn.

She grabbed her keys and stepped out onto the porch. She turned around to lock her door, and then went to the driveway. She loved her new car. So young looking and full of life. She now owned a silver Ford Mustang convertable.

She drove to the college and parked in her usual space. She walked through the hectic halls and finally made her way into her office. She had about 15 minutes before her classes began. She started going over the lesson plans when her phone rang.

"Hello?" SHe said.

"Hi, Sydney." The voice replied.

It was vaughn's voice.

"Ok, listen to me Vaughn! I told you that i never wanted to see or hear from you again and i meant it! I don't have time to talk now!"

"Just hear me out!" He argued.

"I don't want to and i don't have enough time!" She replied.

"Why don't you forget that and just listen?"

"Vaughn, I have a boyfriend and you're married! i have a class to teach that starts in a few minutes, I don't have the time!"

"Yes, you do. And you know it."

"How do you know my work number anyway?"

"I have my ways. Please, can I just meet you for lunch today and talk to you?"

"I told you already! And i meant what i said! You hurt me very badly and i can never forgive you for that! GOod bye now!"

She hung up the phone and went back to her work.

Her classes went by fast and she was just grabbing her purse when she felt the presense of someone behind her. She turned around, expecting to see Joey or a student, but instead, saw vaughn.

"I told you already i didn't want to see you!" She barked at him.

He didn't reply, but held up his left hand and motioned to his ring finger. to sydney's surprise, there was no ring.

"What did you do now? Break someone else's heart?"

"She said that i only thought of you and she was right. Since that night in Hong Kong, I felt guilty about what i did and i kept thinking that i would never see you again. So, i researched every lead as to where you were, and last week, i finally found you. I was thinking that maybe we could grab some lunch, and make it a date. What do you say?"

"Vaughn, I can't. I've got a lunch date with my boyfriend. Besides, who are you to come crawling back to me and wanting to continue our realtionship after what you did to me? I would love to, but, like you did, I moved on with my life. Now, if you'll excuse me, i have a very important date. Today is our 1-year annervarsary. "

"Sydney, today is also our annerversary. Don't you remember? 5 years ago today?"

"Of course i remember, vaughn. But today is important to me because of Joey Smithson. I love Joey, and i see a future with him. Sorry, I moved on with my life."

"Joey! So that's the bastard that you talk so kindly about. Like he was some kind of God. Well, i've got news for you! He isn't worth it! Kendall probably cares more about you than this so called 'Joey Smithson'."

"He's never broken my heart like you did! He's worth it! Good bye!"

Vaughn was speechless. how could she act like this? he had hoped that they would hit off again and finally get married. he could just picture everything. it would be perfect. Sydney would look as beautiful as ever and would fit right in with his family and his family would lover her and she would love them. "forget it." He thought. "She's moved on with her life, and i deserved what she said to me."

But he couldn't help but follow her to see this Joey. So, he did.

I really like this! I love how you're making Vaughn beg for Syd to come back to him..Serves him right :D

Please PM me when you post more...this is fantastic!!

J. :smiley:

Here's the PM List:

Alias Fan Gillian
uasydvaughngurl
jobi2372

here's chapter 3! Enjoy and reply!!!

Chapter 3: Joey's Proposal

Sydney sat down and started glancing over the menu. She took a sip of her red wine and decided on pasta. Joey ordered the same thing.

"So, Syd, how's your day been so far?" Joey asked her.

Sydney really wanted to answer: "Great. Oh, I met my ex-boyfriend that got married while i was missing for 2 years and then divorced her and wants us to pick up where we left off right before i killed my best friend who was a double working for the man who killed my fiance. Other than that, everything went well." But quickly decided against it. "Ok i guess. I couldn't wait to meet you for lunch. I missed you. How was your day?"

"Good. I missed you too. Excuse me for a minute."

Joey got up and left sydney sitting by herself at the table.

Little did sydney know that Vaughn was watching her from his car.

Joey returned shortly before the waitor served the food.

Sydney took a bite of her pasta and felt herself biting something hard. she spit it out on a napkin and gasped when she saw what it was. It was an engagement ring.

"Oh my god, Joey!!!" Sydney screamed. She was so happy.

"Sydney Bristow I love you with all my heart. Will you marry me?"

"Yes. I will." She said.

They kissed.

Vaughn, watching from his car, nearly chocked on the soda he had been drinking. "Someone got to her before I could." He thought. he was sick at the site of sydney kissing another man. "I'll talk sydney out of it. I know i can." He thought.

Great chapter!! I hope Vaughn doesn't do anything too crazy... Yeah, he loves Syd, but she's finally starting to move on with her life, even if it's not with him. Man, I can't believe I'm actually saying this!!! :lol: Can't wait for more!

OMG!! As much as I want SydVaughn together...good for her for moving on with her life!! :P

Gotta admit, though, felt a pang of sorrow for poor Vaughn :(

Post the next chapter soon - this is awesome!!

:smiley: J.

well, the next chapter is like SUPER LONG!! Like 4 pages. i'll add it tomorow, beacuse i have to copy it to my computer from another computer and then post it here. look for update before saturday. So, it will take awhile :stupidcomputer:

And you will have to wait and see what happens, if you really want to know, take a quick glance at my sig. It will tell you how all of my stories end.

Chapter 4: Wedding Plans

Sydney immediatlely called her father to tell him the good news. She hardly spoke to him anymore.

"Bristow." Jack Bristow's loud voice said.

"Hi, dad. It's me."

"Sydney! What happened? Are you ok?"

"Dad, I'm fine! Better than ever!!"

"Good. Now why did you call? You sound so excited."

"Yes. And for a good reason too! Dad, what are you doing on October 17th?"

"Nothing, why?"

"Do you think you could make it to San Fransisco for my wedding?"

"Of course!!! who's the lucky guy?" He said, jokingly.

"Dad!! DOn't joke! You know very well it's Joey!"

"Congradulations, Sweetheart."

"Could you tell Dixon, Marshall, Carrie, Will, Weiss, Kendall, and mom for me?"

"YEs, i will."

"Thanks!"

"What about Vaughn?"

Sydney froze. She was so happy, she had forgotten their conversation that afternoon.

"You can tell him, too. Oh, and dad, can you talk to Kendall about letting mom attend the wedding? i'd really appreciate it. Listen, dad, i've got to get back to work. I'll talk to you later."

"Love you, sydney."

"Love ya too."

Jack hung up the phone.

(5 Hours Later)

"So, syd did you think about what kind of wedding you want to have? What about who's invited?"

Sydney sat onn her couch at her house. JOey was over at her house and was helping her with the wedding preparations.

"Well, i was thinking outdoors, but then i remembered how crazy the weather can be here, so definetly inside. I was thinking of inviting my dad, Will, some friends from my previous job, and my mom if she can make it. And Michael Vaughn."

Sydney really did think that Vaughn had a right to know about her wedding. He hadn't paid her the sae courtesy, but they were very close, and she felt he might as well attend.

She was going to try and get her dad to talk Kendall into letting her mother out of her cell just to be at her wedding with her father supervising her.

"Okay, so, a very small weddin with only what? 20 some people> But where are you thinking?"

"I was thinking maybe St. Mary's Church?"

"That's perfectly fine with me! I'm letting you do this because you know how bad i am at all of this planning and stuff."

They both laughed.

"Ok, What about the honeymoon?" He asked her.

"How does hawaii sound?" She asked, She had thought about their honeymoon a lot. She didn't want to go to the carribean beacuse she wanted to go there with vaughn. she didn't want to go anywhere she had been before on any of her missions. She wanted to get away from the spy life, not relive it.

"Sounds great!! I'll go book the tickets and the hotel! He declared and went to the phone.

"Tomorow i'll go pick out the invitations. Then we can fill them out and mail them." She told him.

"Ok, I've got to go! I love you! Tomorow i'll call the hotel downtown and rent the ballroom for the reception. Love ya!"

"That's a good idea. never thought of that before! Love ya too!" SHe shouted back to him.

She changed her clothes and went into her mini libary. She picked up a book and go into bed and began to read. At 10, she was so exausted with her whole day, she feel asleep reading.

The next day, sydney woke up at 10. She was bursting with energy, and after eating her ceral, she decided that if she didn't burn off all of that energy, she would drive herself crazy.

She quickly changed into her jogging clothes and went for a long jog. by the time she was back, it was 2 hours later. Sydney was soaked with sweat, and went for a shower.

She always loved showers and used that time to woek through her problems and today was no exception.

During her shower, she though about her wedding and what her dress would look like, and who would come. but most of all, she thought about her conversation with vaughn yesturday. "Would he come? And if he did, who would he bring? The snobby ex-wife of his? Was it even worth it to invite him?" She thought. "Of course it's worth it. he helped me through all of the hard times when I could only talk to him. He's my rock. my foundation."

Sydney stepped out of the shower and changed into jeans and a tshirt. She pulled on her boots and grabbed her purse and keys.

She drove to the bridal boutique she passed by many times before, imagining what it would feel like, trying on dresses for her wedding to vaughn. now, her dreams would come true, at least half of them. she would be trying on dresses, but not for her wedding to vaughn. it would be for her wedding to joey.

She found a parking space easily, and locked her car.

once she stepped inside, she knew that this was for real. a woman by the name of margaret came to assist her immesdiatley.

"Hello, my name is margaret, what can i help you with today?"

"Umm, yes, hi. i'm sydney bristow and i'm here to try on dresses for the first time."

Margaret let out a gasp when she heard sydney's name. "Sydney bistow, did you say?" she questioned.

"Yes." Sydney replied, quite startled.

"Do you happen to know my son? Michael Vaughn?"

Sydney nearly fainted. "Yes." she replied softly.

"Oh. Then i guess you are the one that he talks so lovely about all the time."

"I guess so."

"Oh, well, you're here trying on dresses for your wedding, so, let's get you fitted!"

Sydney wanted to turn around and run out the door. she came here for her wedding dress, and whos should help her, but vaughn's mom? Just her luck.

"Wait a minute." she thought. "Why should i go to a different store? it's my life and I'm marrying Joey and michael married Alice and moved on with his life, and i;m marrying Joey and moving on with my life. If his mom knows, who cares? yes, he divorced alice, and yes, he wants me back, but he hurt me badly, and i can;t forgive him for that. it's his fault, not mine. if he would've never given up on me, this wouldn't have happened.

"So, what are you most interested in? Silk? Velvet? Lace?" margaret asked her.

"Silk and lace."

"Oh!! I completely forgot to see your ring! I always see my customers' rings." She gently grabbed sydney's hand and admired her ring.

"WoW!! Michael didn't tell me you two were engaged!"

"That's because it's not me and him, it's me and Joey."

"Oh. Your ring is lovely! How big is it?" She questioned sadly.

"3 carats in platnuim." She said.

"Lovely." she replied.

"Ok!! ONto the fitting room!" Michael's mom announced as she led sydney down a long hallway of rooms.

Margaret took her measurements and left the room to get dresses that would fit. Sydney sat quietly on the little stool in her fitting room. "[I]Why is this happening to [/I]me? Why? What did i do to deserve this? Why can't i just have the happy life i always wanted?" she thought.

Margaret returned with 3 dresses.

"Ok, pick one!" She said cheerfully, despite what sydney had just told her.

"This one." Sydney said, pointing to the second one.

"Ok!"

Margaret helped sydney into the dress.

"It fits perfectly!"

Sydney nodded her agreement.

"Do you want to try on the rest of then or do you just want that one?"

"I love this one! I'll take it!"

Margaret helped sydney out of the dress and left her to change back into her normal clothes.

once she changed, sydney paid for the dress, and put in the back seat of her car.

"Thanks for everything!" She told margaret.

"Oh, your welcome! Have a nice day!"

"You too."

Sydney went back to her car and drove back to her house to drop off her dress. after grabbing a bite to eat, she drove to a stationary store to get the invitations and matching name tags for the tables and matching thank you cards.

sydney parked her car and went inside. there was a cheerful brunette behind the counter with emerald green eyes. sydney knew those eyes. those eyes only belonged to a vaughn. her nametag read denise.

"May I help you?" Densie questioned.

"Yes. My name is sydney bristow, i need some help picking out wedding invitations." She said. denise gasped.

"Sydney bristow? i'm Denise Vaughn. I think you know my brother, Michael?"

"Yes. i do."

"Ok, then, my brother didn't tell me he was engaged. oooh!! let me see the ring he gave you!" She grabbed sydney's hand and admired the ring.

"It's lovely!!!"

"Why thank you. But i'm not engaged to your brother. I'm engaged to a Joey smithson. Do you happen to know him?"

"No. Anyway, let's go and pick out some invitations."

The 2 girls went to the wedding section of the store and found the perfect invitations.

She bought them and went to her car.

"What is with me today? First when i go to get my dress, i meet michael's mom. and then when i go to get invitations, i meet his sister. Now, if i were to go and visit danny at the cemetary i'd probably see his dad."

She finally arrived at her house and set to work making the guest list. her phone rang. it was joey.

"Hey honey." she said.

"hi, sweetie."

"How was your day?"

"Good, i had alot of things to do, buy the tux, book the church, talk to the hotel. How was your day?"

"Ok. I went to get my dress and the invitations. and who helps me but my ex's mom?"

"Yikes!"

"Yeah! it gets better! who helps me pick out invitations but his sister!"

"Gosh! you had quiet a day! i just called to tell you that i can't stop by for dinner."

"Why?"

"Because i've got that trip."

"Oh, yeah. Phoenix right?"

"Yeah. You're not mad at me?"

"No."

"I'll talk to you later ok? Love you!"

"Love you too!"

She hung up the phone.

As soon as she did, it rang again.

"Hello?" She asked the calller.

"Syd, you can't marry joey!" A familiar voice screamed at her

"Why, vaughn?"

"Because! he's SVR! Do you remember your mom's assignment?"

"What are you talking about? Joey's not an SVR agent! And what does my mom have to do with all of this any way?"

"Listen to me! I did a background check on him. CIA's confirmed it. His cover was as a teacher and he was supposed to gather intel onn your dad. that's why his target was you."

"Where did you get this intel from?"

"Derevko."

"You spoke w/ my mother? You spoke with the woman who killed your dad?"

"Yes. And she wasn't the one who killed him of the other CIA agents."

"What are you talking about?"

"Do you remember project helix?"

"Yes, of course."

"Your mother was the first person to be doubled, not markavic. you see, the KGB was the first agency to develop the project. the procedure wasn't recorded because they didn't want any evidence. your mother is the one we have in custody. the one who killed my dad and the other CIA agents is dead. she's been dead. a sniper shot her in 1987 in madagascar. You have to break your engagement with smithson!"

"And how do i know you aren't lying to me?"

"I'll meet with you tonight at your house posing as a wedding cordinator and show you the evidence. What's your adress?"

"47 chariot street. I've been meaning to ask you if the CIA's figured out how i got to Hong kong?"

"Yes. and i'll tell you when i arrive tonight in 20 minutes."

"vaughn LA's not 20 minutes aways from san fransisco. how are you going to manage that?"

"You see, i was kind of following you around since the day Joey proposed to you. i was sort of watching you two. and i guess i didn't leave town."

"Ok. See you then."

Back