HAPPY BIRTHDAY HJ-Royce!

Aries

Cadet
From all of us here at Heros Hall, have a happy 34th birthday!

35m1316m0.jpg

Happy Birthday HJ-Royce! May you have many more years ahead of you!...developing HJ of course as well in those years!

Ha! I just noticed this!

Very cool and thanks gang. Let me just say, having a birthday that fell on Fat Tuesday made the day WAY more interesting.

Originally posted by HJ-Royce@Mar 2 2006, 04:30 PM
Ha! I just noticed this!

Very cool and thanks gang. Let me just say, having a birthday that fell on Fat Tuesday made the day WAY more interesting.
Could you explain this.... "Fat Tuesday"?

It's the final (and biggest) day of the Mardi Gras celebration. Mardi Gras is really a New Orleans celebration, but true to the spirit of American entraprenuership, bars in cities all across the nation have capatilized on it to get people to come in and spend lots of money on adult beverages :smiley:

I'm not sure about how the festival got started, but "Fat Tuesday" is the day before Ash Wednesday.

Originally posted by frostydf2+Mar 2 2006, 08:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (frostydf2 @ Mar 2 2006, 08:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HJ-Royce@Mar 2 2006, 04:30 PM
Ha! I just noticed this!

Could you explain this.... "Fat Tuesday"? [/b][/quote]

Politically correct version:

Mardi Gras (French for "Fat Tuesday") is the day before Ash Wednesday, and is also called "Shrove Tuesday", the final day of Carnival (pronounced "CAR-nuh-vul" in English; "car-nee-VAHL" in most Romance languages – and in New Orleans, Lousiana, because of its French heritage). It is a celebration that is held just before the beginning of the Christian liturgical season of Lent.

Originally posted by HJ-Royce@Mar 3 2006, 01:47 AM

Mardi Gras (French for "Fat Tuesday") is the day before Ash Wednesday, and is also called "Shrove Tuesday", the final day of Carnival (pronounced "CAR-nuh-vul" in English; "car-nee-VAHL" in most Romance languages – and in New Orleans, Lousiana, because of its French heritage). It is a celebration that is held just before the beginning of the Christian liturgical season of Lent.
Also, you get to eat a lot of goodies, hence the "fat". :D

Originally posted by Aries+Mar 3 2006, 01:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aries @ Mar 3 2006, 01:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HJ-Royce@Mar 3 2006, 01:47 AM

Also, you get to eat a lot of goodies, hence the "fat". :D [/b][/quote]

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if it wasn't for Mardi Gras in New Orleans, "Girls Gone Wild" videos, wouldn't exist.

This type of Mardi Gras behavior has spread out of New Orleans though.

Hence, my comment about the interesting birthday.

Awh I see. Well that would have been neat to have your birthday on Mardi Gras! Party all the time :smiley:

Back