Happy New Year!

Nix

Ensign
I hope everyone had a good New Year celebration and recovery on Monday??

What are your New Year's resolutions if you have any?

Happy 2018, Nix! :smiley:

No real resolutions this year other than trying to be less negative about stuff and to try to make a bit more 'me time' to spend on stuff I like but don't get the time to do generally.

How about yourself? Any 2018 goals?

I hope everyone had a good New Year celebration and recovery on Monday??

What are your New Year's resolutions if you have any?
Howdy Nix, loose some more weight so I can go off roadin' with my bro's.:cool:

My resolutions are mainly getting healthy, so losing weight and get moving. Might go veggie, not sure yet although I've not eaten meat for 4 days now.

My resolutions are mainly getting healthy, so losing weight and get moving. Might go veggie, not sure yet although I've not eaten meat for 4 days now.
I used to do that as a resolution but have given up after failing so many times. :( I don't know if it is a lack of self-control on my behalf or a lack of commitment; I usually end up doing really good at the house as long as there is no junk food around but as soon as something is brought into the house, or if we go out, it is like a mental block that I'm supposed to be eating healthy.

Are you going with any of the programs (Atkins, Keto, etc.) or just trying to cut back on certain things to start with?

Be careful, my aunt in Florida did the full veggian treatment, and she ended up in a emergency room. She completely cut out all meat for a year, and became violently ill. Ask your doctor first....

@sci-fi-dude Will do thanks, I have an appt booked so I'll ask... as far as I am aware the only thing you can't get from plants is B12 vitamin. SO long as I get the protein I need I should be good but will check anyway. I don't wanna be ill, had enough of that from food over the years.

Might go veggie, not sure yet although I've not eaten meat for 4 days now.
Ever heard of eating for your blood type?
Blood Type Diet: Eating for Types O, A, B, & AB

Type A blood: A meat-free diet based on fruits and vegetables, beans and legumes, and whole grains -- ideally, organic and fresh, because D'Adamo says people with type A blood have a sensitive immune system.

Type B blood: Avoid corn, wheat, buckwheat, lentils, tomatoes, peanuts, and sesame seeds. Chicken is also problematic, D'Adamo says. He encourages eating green vegetables, eggs, certain meats, and low-fat dairy.

Type AB blood: Foods to focus on include tofu, seafood, dairy, and green vegetables. He says people with type AB blood tend to have low stomach acid. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and smoked or cured meats.

Type O blood: A high-protein diet heavy on lean meat, poultry, fish, and vegetables, and light on grains, beans, and dairy. D'Adamo also recommends various supplements to help with tummy troubles and other issues he says people with type O tend to have.

I have A- blood.
I have cut back my intake of meat and notice I feel better.
I still eat meat but in small portions and not as often as before.

Exercise: The Blood Type Diet recommends exercises based on your blood type. For instance, it suggests yoga or tai chi for type A’s, and vigorous aerobic exercises like jogging or biking for up to an hour a day for type O’s.

I notice I feel better after yoga or meditation but vigorous exercise makes me feel worse.
I have 'other' ailments that contribute to how I feel after exercise tho.

In 2013, a major review concluded that no evidence exists to support benefits of blood type diets.
Its not a strict diet but more of an awareness that can help with your normal diet.
Your lifestyle will require certain eating habits to maintain your energy level.
Blood type diet can help you determine ratios of foods you normally eat.
Its a case by case evaluation.

There is also some truth in acidity/alkalinity restricted diets. Too much or too little acidity can affect your general feeling of healthy.
Acidic Foods: What to Limit or Avoid

another food substance that is bad for you but in nearly everything is
High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)
20 Foods With High-Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)

upload_2018-1-9_14-8-48.jpeg

upload_2018-1-9_14-12-4.gif

@sci-fi-dude Will do thanks, I have an appt booked so I'll ask... as far as I am aware the only thing you can't get from plants is B12 vitamin. SO long as I get the protein I need I should be good but will check anyway. I don't wanna be ill, had enough of that from food over the years.
Yeup, my aunt, totally took any meat, steaks, fish, chicken even sea-food off her menu, and she got a heart attack, not good. We almost lost her, so be careful indeed.:cool:

Yeup, my aunt, totally took any meat, steaks, fish, chicken even sea-food off her menu, and she got a heart attack, not good. We almost lost her, so be careful indeed.:cool:
I've been tempted to try giving up meat and going with just poultry (chicken & turkey) and fish. There have been periods where I've actually gone several weeks already without meat but then.... Mrs. Kevin asks if I want to go to Red Robin.

:giveup:

I've been tempted to try giving up meat and going with just poultry (chicken & turkey) and fish. There have been periods where I've actually gone several weeks already without meat but then.... Mrs. Kevin asks if I want to go to Red Robin.

:giveup:
Awesome, great burgers at Red Robin, we have one up the road from us. From what I learned, from my aunts doctor and my own, I think its cool to eat white meats, and fish, but one shouldn't exclude red meat completely from one's diet. I'm no doctor, but it sounds right? May be eat red meat once a week, like a weekend meal. the white meat and fish during the week. I lost 50 lbs in the 80 in 1 year walking at my job at dfw airport, I would walk terminal e and a on my lunch break, and man I shed lbs very quickly. Quite a few ladies noticed my change and I got asked out on dates a lot, LOL, so many gals so little time, now I go to the recreation center, and walk a mile, and weight lift. slow goings but I will hopefully see results....

Back