Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - SPOILERS

Ooh! I hadn't seen that. Thanks a bunch! :smiley:

I think Ron will ALWAYS be my favorite person. Ever. (Chocolate Frog card, the defining moment of his life? Oh, amazing...)

I keep having thoughts about how they'll do the movie: will they cut this... will they change that... you know? Will they introduce bill in the coming 6th film in time for film 7? or do you think they'll cut hte entire wedding scenario? It would be unfortunate not to have shell cottage, but you never know whta they can come up with...

I really hope they don't cut out the wedding. It's one of the best chapters (mind you, I say that about 90% of the chapters :rolleyes: ). If they don't have the cottage or the wedding they will be missing out on some pretty important stuff, in my opinion. I keep thinking about how they're going to explain Dumbledore's story, 'cause a lot of the explanation about him and his life before is explained in articles. How are they going to do that in movie form :thinking: . I guess I really hope they just don't screw up the seventh movie at all because I think it's definitley the best book of the series and has the potential to be the best movie as well if they do it right. Well, I guess all we can do is hope.

MONKEY!

I was just about to send the link to this very topic but it was you who posted it :rolleyes: Silly me :P I think I might go link you anyway and rant to you.

PS. What's with the text at FIVE something a.m. your time??? Insane shild :D

*gasp*

JuJu is double posting! How COULD she?

Eh :P Get over it people :D

I haaated the epilogue. Ginny let Harry name the kids? Lmao. It was too much like a fourteen year old fan girl's fan fic, and it was nice knowing everything turned out okay, but I hated the lame way that she chucked information at us. "SNOGGING VICTOIRE, OUR COUSIN VICTOIRE!! TEDDY! VICTOIRE!! TEDDY! VICTOIRE!!" - uhhh, Remus's kid is with Bill and Fleur's kid... we get it.
LMAO! I don't know.. I like the epilogue. It was sort of the only part of the book that I actually really LOVED to bits. But I have to agree... the whole "Albus Severus" thing was a bit too much. How SORRY do you feel for the poor kid?!?! But I can't get over the name 'Xenophilius' or however the hell you spell it... :sideroll: I feel even sorrrier for that poor man...

DEATH TO THE WORD 'SNOG'. I swear. Can't they just reprint all the Harry Potter books outside the UK and replace the word 'snog' with 'kiss'? PLEASE? *runs around in circles with arms in the air*

You know, now that I think about it... I haven't sort of let myself admit it, but Book the 7th was a bit of a let down :mellow: Don't know why... It's just... ARGH! There's SOOO much more she could have done with it *shrugs* It's just... I don't know. Minus the epilogue it was just... *shrug* I don't know how to put it in words...

I give up :P

I still don't get why Fred died. I really, really don't. I mean, Dobby was enough... :cry:

DEATH TO THE WORD 'SNOG'. I swear. Can't they just reprint all the Harry Potter books outside the UK and replace the word 'snog' with 'kiss'? PLEASE? *runs around in circles with arms in the air*

What's wrong with the word snog? Juju you've gone crazy....er, crazier.

What's wrong with the word snog? Juju you've gone crazy....er, crazier.
It's just... :thinking: I don't know, now that I think about it :blink: Like... can you imagine going up to someone and going "oh yeah I totally snogged him"?

:Ph34r:

It just seems... ARGH!!! I don't know. AND IT'S SO... BRTISH! Not that I hate British things. I love British things. I do. Just... I mean, ok, WHO in Australia honestly uses that word? :eyebrow: Like... who uses that word? Seriously? It's worse than the word random... *runs around screaming* Death to that word, too. I swear...

PS. WHERE did the Edit button go? :cry:

Oh... there it is. Haha. Stupid Internet takes forever and a day to load :angry:

But why do british people even have to use that word? :hehe:

If they don't have the cottage or the wedding they will be missing out on some pretty important stuff, in my opinion. I keep thinking about how they're going to explain Dumbledore's story, 'cause a lot of the explanation about him and his life before is explained in articles. How are they going to do that in movie form . I guess I really hope they just don't screw up the seventh movie at all because I think it's definitley the best book of the series and has the potential to be the best movie as well if they do it right. Well, I guess all we can do is hope.
I think they might use the weird newspaper articles again to explain parts of it - like how in OotPmovie it was all weird and whirly and you saw chunks of newspaper clippings and that was supposed to help you explain, so Dumbledore's story might be explained like that I guess.
I will be reeeeally annoyed if they cut out any character deaths, especially Dobby, and they need the time at Shell Cottage to get information from Griphook and Ollivander anyway, but the director will prolly alter it <_< And I really want to the the 7 potters, that'd be so amusing, but they'll prolly cut it because it'd be too hard to make 7 daniels haha <_<
Rehh

HAHAHA THANKYOU!!
what's wiuth the word 'snog'? i think it sounds like a word you'd use if someone was sucking someone's face off.

What's wrong with the word snog? Juju you've gone crazy....er, crazier
LOL!!

I was thinking about it heaps and I LOVED the 7th book, but now it's just disappointed me, because now when i think about the characters, i have to think about the fact that families were torn apart and so much happiness has gone because of it. =[ It's really disheartening. If she wanted to put the point across that war tears families apart, I'm prettyyyyy sure she achieved it in the [previous 6 books.
AND COULDN'T SHE KILL PERCY!!? or even charlie! No one would care as much. S'like, whatever. IT'S NOT FRED. And why not Sprout and Flitwick instead of Lupin and Tonks? Why'd she have to kill such LOVED characters?

[/silly rant]
hee.

Well as she's done in previous books, she wants to evoke emotions, she wants you to feel what the characters are. So as you say, kill Percy and no one would really care, killing Tonks, Lupin, etc and people will.

Having said that, IMO she didn't really do a very good job of that... "Fred falls over, he's dead now, did you know? Oh well, moving on to some other stuff that's going on..." :smiley:

and later:

"P.S. Lupin and Tonks are dead too, as well as some other people... War is bad people. But it's ok cos their son will be SNOGGING!!! ( :rolleyes: ) in the next chapter..."

You really think they'll cut hte 7 potters? (HI!!!) I thought that would be one of the things the special fx people would love. cinema these days... that's EXACTLY the stuff they'd keep, I think.

If they want to be on top of things, they'd better get bill/fleur into the 6th movie. Otherwise they're screwed. They'd have to invent somewhere besides Shell's Cottage. Though I guess it wouldn't be too hard to circumvent the wedding, as sad as that would be...

^ Yeah, it sucks but I don't think they need the wedding at all. All they need to put in is Shacklebolt's patronus - The Ministry has fallen, Scrimgeous is dead' line, and they could easily do that by using a birthday party for Harry at the burrow, which the DE attack and then Harry, Ron and Hermione scram. They don't need the wedding, unfortunately >.<

I HOPE soo much they put in the 7 Potters, it was personally one of my favourite parts, and it would be awesome to see Dan Radcliffe acting like Fleur and Ron and Dung and everyone, but someone said they'd certainly cut it. <_< I hope they don't. =[

They NEED Shell Cottage, cos IF THEY DON'T DEVOTE A GOOD FIVE MINUTES TO BURYING DOBBY, I will cryyy. Well, I'll cry anyway =P But I hope they don't brush over his death.

I think people would care if she killed Percy - because it's not so much the deaths that affect you - it's the way that people are left behind. Like, I cried for Fred, but more than that - I cried for George because how the hell is he supposed to live without Fred? =[

I wouldn't have cared if she'd killed Bill, Charlie, Percy AND RON [go away, ron =p], just not the twins or Ginny

Having said that, IMO she didn't really do a very good job of that... "Fred falls over, he's dead now, did you know? Oh well, moving on to some other stuff that's going on..."

and later:

"P.S. Lupin and Tonks are dead too, as well as some other people... War is bad people. But it's ok cos their son will be SNOGGING!!! ( ) in the next chapter..."
LMAO! so true! I had to reread the part whee Fred died like three times, i did NOT get it. I was like "Huh... where was the spell? Huh? The wall hit him? Huh... why didn't it hurt anyone else? Huh? What? He died from the explosion? huh...I don't get it." I was so confused.
And I hate that all we got was "Tonks and Lupin were dead on the floor too. but noone was crying over them, since they didnt even get a deathscene"
i was so cut =[
Especially because tonks is AN AUROR. She'd be one of the most powerful fighting, and she doesn't justify a big death scene. =[

^ Yeah, it sucks but I don't think they need the wedding at all. All they need to put in is Shacklebolt's patronus - The Ministry has fallen, Scrimgeous is dead' line, and they could easily do that by using a birthday party for Harry at the burrow, which the DE attack and then Harry, Ron and Hermione scram. They don't need the wedding, unfortunately >.<

I HOPE soo much they put in the 7 Potters, it was personally one of my favourite parts, and it would be awesome to see Dan Radcliffe acting like Fleur and Ron and Dung and everyone, but someone said they'd certainly cut it. <_< I hope they don't. =[

They NEED Shell Cottage, cos IF THEY DON'T DEVOTE A GOOD FIVE MINUTES TO BURYING DOBBY, I will cryyy. Well, I'll cry anyway =P But I hope they don't brush over his death.

I think people would care if she killed Percy - because it's not so much the deaths that affect you - it's the way that people are left behind. Like, I cried for Fred, but more than that - I cried for George because how the hell is he supposed to live without Fred? =[

I wouldn't have cared if she'd killed Bill, Charlie, Percy AND RON [go away, ron =p], just not the twins or Ginny

Having said that, IMO she didn't really do a very good job of that... "Fred falls over, he's dead now, did you know? Oh well, moving on to some other stuff that's going on..."

and later:

"P.S. Lupin and Tonks are dead too, as well as some other people... War is bad people. But it's ok cos their son will be SNOGGING!!! ( ) in the next chapter..."
LMAO! so true! I had to reread the part whee Fred died like three times, i did NOT get it. I was like "Huh... where was the spell? Huh? The wall hit him? Huh... why didn't it hurt anyone else? Huh? What? He died from the explosion? huh...I don't get it." I was so confused.
And I hate that all we got was "Tonks and Lupin were dead on the floor too. but noone was crying over them, since they didnt even get a deathscene"
i was so cut =[
Especially because tonks is AN AUROR. She'd be one of the most powerful fighting, and she doesn't justify a big death scene. =[

I was disappointed that some of the good characters had to die. That totally sucks. I didn't care for it at all. BUT I still love the Harry Potter books and movies. I heard that the last Harry Potter movie, The Deathly Hallows is going to be a two part movie. Because they can't leave anything out of the movie that was in the book. I guess because the people who haven't read the book would be SO confused about what was going on. If any questions you can pm me.

Back