Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Kewii

April 27th
The new book is less than 12 hours away so it's time to open up a spoiler zone.

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>THIS IS A SPOILER ZONE. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IN THE BOOK, TURN BACK NOW!</span>

CLICK HERE FOR SPOILER-FREE DISCUSSION.

Do NOT open any other topics. Any other topics will be deleted and the creator will lose points.

We don't want anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled, spoiled. Last year there was a topic created that had the name of the character who died shown. That will not happen again this year.

This is your final chance to turn back if you don't want to be spoiled.

Let's still use spoiler tags when we post spoilers, since htis thread will be used for all HBP discussions. At least for the next 10.5 hours.

Next trivia question: In theory, what's the spell to use to get rid of pixies.

9 hours for us in the central time zone.

and as for your spoiler, I won't do it again. I already spoiled myeslf a little. That wsa royally stupid of me.

Ohh thank god..I was really kicking myself. I knew in my heart of hearts that it couldn't be real. But I also couldn't be sure.

yeah, me too.

:lol: I think Kewii scared everyone away

Oh, Rowling updated the poll section of her site.

How does the Order of the Phoenix communicate?

So how DO the members of the Order of the Phoenix communicate with each other?
I was surprised that this particular question won the poll, because the answer (as I've already said) can be found in an already-published book (Goblet of Fire), whereas the other two questions related to book six. But perhaps I was influenced by the fact that I knew the other two questions had interesting answers – and, of course, you will shortly know the answers to those questions anyway!

Members of the Order use their Patronuses to communicate with each other. They are the only wizards who know how to use their spirit guardians in this way and they have been taught to do so by Dumbledore (he invented this method of communication). The Patronus is an immensely efficient messenger for several reasons: it is an anti-Dark Arts device, which makes it highly resilient to interference from Dark wizards; it is not hindered by physical barriers; each Patronus is unique and distinctive, so that there is never any doubt which Order member has sent it; nobody else can conjure another person's Patronus, so there is no danger of false messages being passed between Order members; nothing conspicuous needs to be carried by the Order member to create a Patronus.

And, as many of you have deduced, Dumbledore's Patronus is indeed a phoenix.

well, it looked authentic but there was no way for me to be sure. I am so releaved that its fake though. I'll still be checking page 606 when I get it.

You don't need tags. The thread has warnings all over it. :smiley:

If someone wants to start a spoiler-free speculation thread until midnight, let me know and I will. :smiley:

CLICK HERE FOR SPOILER-FREE DISCUSSION.

I just saw another pic of the supposed "fake" page 606. It looked real. It was alot bigger and you could see the page and part of the cover. Now I'm wondering....

well, it looked authentic but there was no way for me to be sure. I am so releaved that its fake though. I'll still be checking page 606 when I get it.

So am I! I'm flipping right to it

Lemon-Krumpitz said:
I just saw another pic of the supposed "fake" page 606. It looked real. It was alot bigger and you could see the page and part of the cover. Now I'm wondering....
[post="1420913"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Another pic? Where did you see it?

Scholastic realeased a video where JK reads a new quote! It's only 2 minutes. The quote is half way in. (Not too spoilerish, of course :angelic: )

Error Page

I figured that it would be real. :cry: I think my parents just went out grocery shopping. :Pinch: They must come home! NOW!!!

--mandy :angelic:

Anybody done with the book yet? I'm dying to talk about it, but unfortunately, I don't know anyone who's finished it yet. I guess that's what you get for reading it straight through from the midnight release. :lol:

I didn't cry, because I think I was more in shock. I really couldn't believe what happened, and I'm still trying to comprehend it.

On the top of that, I can't really decide if I liked it or not. Right now I'm leaning toward not liking it, but maybe, given some time, I can be a little more lenient.

I think the problem is I've been spoiled by so much good fan fiction, that I'm used to my ships and having older characters that aren't so childish (compared to the canon teenagers).

i'm in serious denial! i can't believe he's dead! :( i can't imagine not having another book without him :cry:

i thought this book had tons more romance in it than previous books, not that i'm complaining, i love reading the agnst between the characters ^_^

I've read a couple fics too and it's hard not to compare them to the book and it's characters, because everyone portrays the Harry Potter characters differently
i do wish there was a little more romance between my fav couple... but hey! there's still book 7 :naughty:

Back