Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Caro said:
I liked how JK broke the format we'd been getting in all the other books, you know, chapter 1 with Harry being at his uncle's, then going to Hogwarts, and the book finishing with the mistery/problem solved and going back to his uncle's. So I tto enjoyed the first few chapters.
[post="1429058"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i liked the new format but at the same time i didn't, on one side i was like, this is cool ^_^ on the other side i was like "omg! what's going on with harry?!?!?" :P

Kewii said:
Ok...I decided to take a look to see if there was.  (I'm pathetic)

There are some stories that are Voldy/Snape (But I'm not as pathetic as them)

here ya go:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2286681/1/

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1370663/1/

I hope you're happy  (I'm sure there's more, but I'm not pathetic enough to keep looking)

Edit:  I also found a Hermione/Voldemort  :blink:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1980001/1/ (oh god, you have to read this story--it has Gabrielle/Ron)  Oh god..
[post="1427125"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

lmfao. Hermione and Voldemort, *gag*

i liked the beginning of the book. I'm not too sure if i like the idea of harry maybe not going back to hogwarts. I wonder who the next headmaster will be....McGonagall?

Yeah I think so.. I mean she is deputy head mistress, and which is why DD's office opened for her. Though I wonder if the ministry will try to pull something underhanded and install one of their own. But I don't think so. There is very little cause for it, and they know what happened the last time they tried something like this. So I think MG will remain the head mistress.

Jaimie said:
lmfao.  Hermione and Voldemort, *gag*
[post="1429391"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

*gulp* are those slash fanfics?

Hermione: " I love it when you talk parseltongue to me"

ROFLMFAO :rofl:

I think this book has been the best one yet, the end... very cryptic very cool.
JK's trying to make the books a little less kids-like in my opinion, the last books have been very dark, not exactly appropiate for 8-years old.
Did anyone else love the Ginny - Ron fight about snogging? That was hilarious! I can't wait for the movie... nor for the next and last book!

Way to go JK!

PS: Although her killing Dumbledore and making Snape evil, VERY uncool.

I totally agree that McGonagall will be the next headmistress...if Hogwarts is allowed to re-open, which I think it will.

Something I just thought of: Does anyone think it was a tad unethical of DD to let people take the DADA job, knowing it was cursed? Maybe he warned them first or maybe he thought some of them deserved it (Gilderoy and Umbridege come to mind.) But it just doesn't seem like DD to let someone he cares about like Lupin take a job that no one can keep.

She is the Deptuy Headmistress, and unless something odd happens and she resigns, she'd be the new Headmistress.

Re Lupin: Well, somebody's got to do it. And Lupin was desperate for a job.

Aliasaholic47 said:
That was the saddest book yet i got all teary reading the end (i heard jk cried writing the ending too) The only part from the cave on that i really smiled i mean i like beame during the whole lupin:love: tonks thing i loved that so much.
[post="1429115"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I actually cried more with the 5th book... the last chapters were so unbelievably sad to me. And this book, well it was really sad too, but I cried less for some reason.

Actually you know, I thought that Sirius dying was definitely sadder, because he meant so much more to Harry, more like losing a father than a godfather. But dumbledore's death made me want to tear up a little more. It was the funeral scene that did it for me actually.

really amy?
i guess you haven't read any nicholas sparks then have you?! :lol:

but that's an interesting theory on why {...} wanted the DADA position so badly - about him needed access to something... i always thought it was just so he could promote his evil propganda

SkyGirl5 said:
really amy?
i guess you haven't read any nicholas sparks then have you?! :lol:
[post="1430249"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I think I read one, or maybe two... lol. But I've just never been an emotional reader. Usualy "It's just a story" keeps running through my head. But maybe because I'm only 15 now, I wasn't ready for anything emotional before.... :confused:

but that's an interesting theory on why {...} wanted the DADA position so badly - about him needed access to something... i always thought it was just so he could promote his evil propganda
lol, Thats what I thought too, but the needing access is a good idea.
So, anyone have any ideas on how the curse Voldemort put on the DADA will end? My guess is he made it so it would only end if he ever got the job. But Harry will kil him, hopefully, so maybe Harry can break it somehow?

i just went onto FanFiction.com to check out some of the links Kewii provided....i think my favorite weird one is a Voldemort one called Dinner with Voldey.

I'm rereading the book and am on chapter 3. I'm trying to find hints and stuff.

lol me too :lol:

Harry potter always makes me emotional, so does a series called Body of Evidence, when one of the main characters died a horrifying death in it, i felt nauseated and was all teary- it's the same thing with anne of green gables- i'm so emotional when i read :P

alias_luver said:
So, anyone have any ideas on how the curse Voldemort put on the DADA will end? My guess is he made it so it would only end if he ever got the job. But Harry will kil him, hopefully, so maybe Harry can break it somehow?
[post="1430354"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I think it's possible that when a wizard dies, many enchantments like that are broken. On the other hand, maybe the job itself is just waiting for the right person to come along. :smiley:

Scarlet Crystal said:
I think it's possible that when a wizard dies, many enchantments like that are broken. On the other hand, maybe the job itself is just waiting for the right person to come along. :smiley:
[post="1431421"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Good idea!

Back