Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

omg. I should reread the book too. I love books that get me emotional. I cryed when Sirius died but I think this ending was harder for me to grasp. We knew him so much more and he was the only fathering/mentoring figure left in Harry's life.

Ok my great uncle just died and I cryed harder for Dumbledor. Does that make me weird?

I cried more with Sirius' death than with Dumbledore's. This time I was sad, but more than anything else I was shocked, I kept reading to see if was gonna revive somehow... that'0s because last time I knew sb was gonna die (Sirius), and this time I had no idea at all.

Yeah I knew DD was gonna die. And you know I feel such a great sense of loss both on behalf of the wizarding world in general and also for harry who suffers a far deeper and more personal sense of loss. Just everyone in his life that's ever been a friend, a mentor, a parent is being ripped away from him one by one.

I used to think that Harry would definitely die in the end, but I dunno, I'm not 100% sure anymore. I think it would be awesome though, if killing Voldemort killed him and the last sentence would be something about his scar disappearing...ah, just a fantasy of mine I guess.

ETA: I have a question. When Dumbledore's body burst into flames at the funeral and Harry thinks that he saw a phoenix, is that Dumbledore's patronus?

Oh wow. I never thought of that. It probably was Dumbledore's patronus! All these roumors have been going around forever that JK's going to kill Harry off at the end of the books. And I totally agree that scar thing would be so cool. Him defeating Voldemort but then dieing himself. Kinda like the Matrix. But at the same time it would suck because he's dead. I mean so many of JK's fan's would be outraged. IDK

On another note: After reading the 6th book I started rereading the series. I hadn't read the first two books in a while. Omg. I was reading sorcerer's stone and realized they totally Americanized it!!! I mean they wrote in Mom instead of Mum, and they kept saying soccer instead of football, and Ron said boogers. I mean do british people really say any of those words. (Any british people out there who do pease correct me) I mean Americans aren't that stupid we can figure out what Mum means. Grrrrr. *Exhales deeply* Sry just had to get that off my chest.

Scarlet Crystal said:
Didn't JKR say the last word of the last book was set to be "scar?"
[post="1433280"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Maybe it'll end with the words "The only thing that was missing was the scar."

lmao. maybe it won't be scar and it's changed. she said harry was due to get another pet. is that Kreacher or "Snuffles" or Buckbeak?

Ok, so i actually finished this book on Monday but im just posting now. This book was so sad at the end, Im still in shock, even though i hate Dnape i cant believe that he would kill Dumbeldore.
Although i'd prefer H/H. i still loved the R/H stuff, and i think Harry will die in the last book.That basically sums it up :smiley:

Back