Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Hey Britt. We could take Mandy down. Wanna try for it?

Ginny and Harry are meant to be...unless one of them dies. Then I'll just cry.

:sniper: Kewii. HA! No you can't! :P

Maybe Ginny has to die so that that Harry can live! :devil:
--Mandy :angelic:

:o_O: YOU CRUEL HORRID LITTLE PERSON!!!!

Bring out the big guns Kelly!!!
:sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper:

HAHAHHAHAHAHAH OMG you guys are bad
but i do think harry 's gonna die still - sorrrrrrrrrrrry even tho him and ginnie are kinda cute - Ron/hermione 4 life ;)

So, how does everyone like this book overall? I know most people are hating the end, and who dies, but overall this was my favorite in the series by far. :smiley:

I had 2 favorite parts. I really enjoyed getting to see Voldemort's past. I thought it was really interesting... And I loved all the pairings in this book. Harry+Ginny were really cute, and they were always my second favorite ship, so I was happy to see them together. ^_^

Why in gods name would Jo kill Harry?? I understand that a lot of ppl think this is how it'll end, but.....I honestly do not understand WHY. :P Forgive me.

Enlighten me though, please, why exactly do you guys think it'll end that way.....is there stuff in canon that leads you to think that?

I don't get it either. A huge part of the books it good vs. evil, and why on earth would see chose to let the evil win? Seems like such a downer! But if Harry would die, I can't say it wouldn't be interesting....

ok this is why i think harry will die:

basically its because of something harry himself pointed out in this past book - because hes alone. Everyone who he's ever loved, everyone who has been some semblance of a family has died: his parents, sirius, dumbledore, everyone
upon killing voldemore, yes he'll have achieved his purpose but, what after that? his life would be broken
yes, there would be ron & hermione but they would have each other and harry would sort of be the thrid wheel
not only that but its just that the prophecy makes me think that not only do they have to kill each other but they have to kill each other and both be dead - like either they're both dead or they're both living - nothing in between.... idunno just my opinion

Brittany said:
:o_O:  YOU CRUEL HORRID LITTLE PERSON!!!! 

Bring out the big guns Kelly!!!
:sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper:
[post="1422110"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:eyebrow: uhhh no. :mellow:

Brittany said:
Why in gods name would Jo kill Harry??  I understand that a lot of ppl think this is how it'll end, but.....I honestly do not understand WHY.  :P  Forgive me. 

Enlighten me though, please, why exactly do you guys think it'll end that way.....is there stuff in canon that leads you to think that?
[post="1422124"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Because having Harry defeat Voldemort is just stupid. He has to die. I hate how all the main character ALWAYS survive. If Harry survives, then everyone's expecting it then there's just... no point. Maybe Harry can become a Voldemort. :devil:

--mandy :angelic:

harry needs to die because he gets too annoying...and he is really alone. there would be nothing for him after killing voldemort. even if good wings, he'll have to die...

m-c

I didn't think Harry was particularly annoying in this book, except for his obsession with Draco. which turned out to be spot on. If anything, Ron and Hermione annoyed me with their pointless drama. Ron came across looking like a total idiot by dating Lavendar and Hermione the same with McClaggen. At least H/G are honest with each other.

acting_chica said:
harry needs to die because he gets too annoying...and he is really alone. there would be nothing for him after killing voldemort. even if good wings, he'll have to die...

m-c
[post="1422169"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
YAY! See someone agrees with me. :P

ms.katejones said:
I didn't think Harry was particularly annoying in this book, except for his obsession with Draco. which turned out to be spot on. If anything, Ron and Hermione annoyed me with their pointless drama. Ron came across looking like a total idiot by dating Lavendar and Hermione the same with McClaggen.  At least H/G are honest with each other.
[post="1422180"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I found Harry annoying because he didn't listen to his friends. I wouldn't believe my best friend if she said something with absolutly no evidence. Hermione was on to something when she looked up Prince because as it turned out, Prince was Snape's mother. She was right also in the end. It's not Ron or Hermione's fault that they didn't believe Harry, Harry just ran around, not explaining anything to either of them. He's so isolated that he's just not there anymore. It's absolutely normal to have Ron and Hermione trying to make each other jealous. and really Hermione never dated McClaggen and Ron's just too much of a prat. (as you can see, I have absolutly no faith in that ship. ;) ) Harry/Ginny was almost as random as Lupin/Tonks He suddenly felt this beast in his chest that dragged him towards Ginny... :eyebrow: wierd, unnatural. Ginny was also too laid back about Harry just leaving her. :rolleyes:

SkyGirl5 said:

basically its because of something harry himself pointed out in this past book - because hes alone.  Everyone who he's ever loved, everyone who has been some semblance of a family has died: his parents, sirius, dumbledore, everyone
upon killing voldemore, yes he'll have achieved his purpose but, what after that? his life would be broken
yes, there would be ron & hermione but they would have each other and harry would sort of be the thrid wheel
not only that but its just that the prophecy makes me think that not only do they have to kill each other but they have to kill each other and both be dead - like either they're both dead or they're both living - nothing in between.... idunno just my opinion
[post="1422162"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
But NOT everyone he's ever loved is dead, he has a pretty damn good semblance of a family in the weasleys and his best friends which I think Harry knows and appreciates. And are we forgetting that even if Ron and Hermy have eachother, he not only still has them, he's not going to be ALONE, he has Ginny, whether you support the ship or not you cannot possibly say that this was a definite break up. It just wasn't. Read the text, we'll break it down. as for the prophecy..... *shrug* if that's what you got out of it.....

Please don't take anything I've just said personally :lol: I didn't mean any of it to sound snippy. I promise. :P It's the lack of sleep typing. I'm so exhausted.... :yawn:

ETA: This reminds me of LotR....I always thought it was totally f***ed up that Frodo just hops on the boat to sail off to heaven.....maybe that's why I can't understand. :lol:

*sigh* to mandy about ginny at the end.....perhaps I should go copy and past (with credit) some ppl's posts from SQ. They seem to have found a way to word what I'm trying to say. Maybe they can convince you! :lol:

What makes you think that more will die? Ron and Hermione could very likely be dead. (I would rather seen Ron dead than Hermione ;) ) and same goes for the Weasleys. :P

mystery_chick said:
Maybe Ginny has to die so that that Harry can live! :devil:
[post="1422105"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

being a bit evil there mandy :lol: i like ginny and harry together- i think they're cute ^_^

i couldn't take it if Ron and/or Hermione died! :thud: :rip: i live for the romance between them!!!!!!!!!! :love:

SkyGirl5 said:

basically its because of something harry himself pointed out in this past book - because hes alone.  Everyone who he's ever loved, everyone who has been some semblance of a family has died: his parents, sirius, dumbledore, everyone

[post="1422162"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Brittany said:
But NOT everyone he's ever loved is dead, he has a pretty damn good semblance of a family in the weasleys and his best friends which I think Harry knows and appreciates.  And are we forgetting that even if Ron and Hermy have eachother, he not only still has them, he's not going to be ALONE, he has Ginny, whether you support the ship or not you cannot possibly say that this was a definite break up.  It just wasn't.  Read the text, we'll break it down.  as for the prophecy..... *shrug*  if that's what you got out of it.....
[post="1422206"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
that's exactly what i was gonna say :eek: :D

and I don't know if anyone else saw the "Harry Potter at the castle" interview on TV- or even if it went out in the states but I thought it was really interesting. It also showed how Jo felt about the charecters and what she was aiming to do throughout the books.

Oh she also hinted that Raivenclaw was going to be very important in book 7 so i think we can assume that the horoux is a ravenclaw artefact or that harry has to look into them at least

and personaly i think you can ship ron/hermionie and harry/ginny you don't have to pick one over the other

I do ship both. :smiley: *hugs ships* I lurve them. Didn't see the interview but I heard about Ravenclaw, so yeah I think the horcrux will be some kind of Ravenclaw heirloom or something....

Back