Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Did anyone else miss Fred and George in this book? I thought Hogwarts was a lot less funny w/out them, but I loved seeing them in their shop. The "U-No-Poo" sign was hilarious.

And I really hope Harry doesn't die in the next one.

I FINALLY MADE IT ONLINE!!! :thud: Omg Omg. :woot:

It was so good! Except for the Harry/Ginny, which was short-lived and barely there. But my Ron/Hermione obsession is slightly satisfied. At least the H/Hr shippers have even LESS reason to believe their ship will happen in canon now than before! Ya ha! :D

Ok,

lets share some favourite quotes. Here's two of mine:

'Yes,' said Harry stiffly.

'Yes sir.'

'There's no need to call me sir, Professor.'

and

'... You can still see the marks where that evil woman made you write with your own blood, but you stuck to your story anyway...'

'You can still see where those brains got hold of me in the Ministry, look,' said Ron, shaking back his sleeves.

'And it doesn't hurt that you've grown about a foot over the summer, either,' Hermione finished, ignoring Ron.

'I'm tall,' said Ron inconsequentially.

I liked:

You thought I woudl not weesh to marry him? or per'aps, you 'oped?" said Fleur, her nostrils flaring. "what do I care how 'e looks? I am good-looking enough for both of us, I theenk! All these scars show is zat my husband is brave! and I shall do zat!"

:lol: crack me up.

and another Fleur quote:

"..so eet ees lucky 'e is marrying me," siad Fleur happily, plumping up Bill's pillows, "because ze British overcook their meat, I 'ave always said this."

:lol: ^_^
--mandy :angelic:

:lol: I love Ron.... :D That's one of the quotes I marked!

Loser's lurgy and luna lovegood, some great stuff there too....

Ron and the love potion. :rotflmao:
"Harry I can't stand it!"

"You can't stand what?" asked Harry, now starting to feel definitly alarmed. Ron was rather pale and looked as though he was about to be sick.

"I can't stop thinking about her!" said Ron hoarsely.

Harry gaped at him. He had no expected this and was not sure he wanted to hear it. Friends they might be, but if Ron started calling Lavender "Lav-Lav," he would have to put his foot down.

oi. too many.

OH MY GOSH, I just finished the book. I'm sitting here completely stunned, not knowing what to say or think because DUMBLEDORE IS DEAD *RUNS AROUND THE ROOM SCREAMING*. I can't believe his gone but I must admit that I kinda of did expect it!

I'm mad that Harry not with Ginny anymore but I guess they reall can't be! Don't worry all u Ron/Hermionie it's obvious that they will be together in the seventh book. It was sooo cute when they were being all jealous of eachother *sighs*! I don't reall care about any of teh otehr ships but I do think the tonks and/Lupin thing is cute.

The seventh book is going to be so awesome. The three friends trying to find the other souls. It is going to be soo weird them not being at Hogwarts. I don't think any of them will go back, not even Hermonie. I think J.K Rowling set up the next book (last) perfectly. It is going to be soo suspenful and probably sad and happy *Oh my gosh can't wait!*!!!!

The book kind of started off slowly but then once you get to like the last 100 or so pages you seriously can't put the book down. I am soo unbelieveably mad at Snape right now, I seriously want to kill him (oh wait he's a fictional character :blush: ) If people would have just listened to Harry then Snape probably woudn't have had the cance to kill Dumbledore. Harry wa sthe only one who saw through him (n)

There is soo much going on right now in teh book I can barely contain myself. I waat the seventh book now and CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

~Andrea

:angelic: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

ohhhhh quotes!! um i loved "there's no need to call me sir"

also when ginnie said 'it looks like he's eating her face" :rotflmao:

ther were a few more but i forget them so ill have to reread it ;)

Let's not forget about Luna's commentary at the Quidditch match:

'...oh look, he's lost the quaffle, Ginny took it from him, I do like her, she's very nice...'

and
'... and now that big Hufflepuff player's got the Quaffle from her, I can't remember his name, it's something like Bibble -- no Buggins'

'It's Cadwallader!'

I'm definitely looking forward to the next book. With the trio abandoning the still-yet-to-be-decided-open-Hogwarts, I'm excited for all the possibilities that this could bring. As dissapointed as i was with this book (except for the ending, for several reasons ^_^ ), I can't but help look forward to the next one. As for the ships, well, I'm sure you all can guess where I stand on them. But I remain hopeful and optomistic towards the future.

Anybody have a guess, who/what 'R.A.B.' stands for?

Remember when Dumbledore had to drink fro mthe basin? I totally would've just called Kreature to me and made him drink all that stuff.. WHo the hell cares of a few dumbass house elves bit the dust. And moreover, who the hell cares if that particular house elf bit the dust? Yeah Hermione is gonna throw a fit, but given a choice between Dumbledore and Kreature, well I think the choice is clear.

And Harry is such a little wimp sometimes. Ohh I'm facing death eaters and all I'm gonna use is stupify? WTF? I would've at least used Crucio, if not the killing curse outright. ESPECIALLY with SNAPE. And draco's pathetic ass..I was always a fan of having him killed too. I mean if Harry managed to kill him, snape would probably be dead too, because of the unbreakable vow. I'm so bitter right now.

And what else pissed me off? UMBRIDGE!! How is that *h**e of a toad still freaking alive? Dumbledore should've let her out there to die. My god, she sent a pair of dementor's to a muggle neighborhood and she's still working at the ministry? She should be killed too. OR better yet put under an imperious curse and made to write lines with her own blood pen.

I did suspect that Draco might have been trying to kill dumbledore, just because of the rumors that dumbledore will die in this book. I did believe that. I didn't believe the leaked spoiler that snape was gonna kill him though.

Though of course a part of me still wonders if Snape is truly evil. Because he seemed to be quite indignant at the fact that Harry called him a coward. It surely wasn't because his dad always picked on him in groups. IT's almost like he is still risking his life for the order, and putting himself in grave danger, in a way that perhaps no one else knew but dumbledore. And now he is on the run, and no one even knows and everyone is after him. But I guess we'll have to see.

Dumbledore is no fool, I still think there is more to why Dumbledore believes in him so completely. Perhaps he made snape make him an unbreakable vow as well. And maybe that vow was to always protect harry and fight Voldy. I mean several times during the conflict, snape stopped other death eaters from kill Harry. He justified it by saying that it is the will of the dark lord. But really, if snape were a death eater, and only cared about his own skin, he could've simply stood aside and let it happy. The actual death eater that did the deed will be punished and killed, but not him. It may be that in Snape's own way he is protecting harry.

I also find it strange that snape spent so much time toying with Harry at the end. He could've fired a stupify at harry, knocked him out, and then just fled. But instead, he sort of goaded harry on and kept on telling him to fire off curses without speaking. It was like he was trying to each harry something for the next time he may face death eaters and such.

I really feel like this is only half of the story, and we won't know everything till book 7 Recall that we still don't know why Sirius had to die, we have no idea what's behind the veil. We still don't know what Voldy fears the most, or what snape fears the most. These are all questions that JKR promised an answer to. Can't wait for book 7

Alright, time to listen to the book again.

EDIT: SO BITTER!! SO BITTER!! And I don't know if I can wait another 2 years before I can see the end of this all. I should've never found harry potter so early. Now I"m just gonna be tortured.

Ohh she better. There are so many loose ends to wrap up still. It better be HUGE, like 1000 pages. I mean frankly, I think she killed off Dumbledore way too soon. Harry isn ot ready yet.

Ohh I know, I keep on going back to listen to the chapter when Dumbledore is killed, and I keep on thinking maybe this time around, the chapter will be different and he won't die. *whimper*

oh see when sirius died, I couldn't read those pages again for a whiiiiiiile. At the same time I reread the book 50 times. I just skipped over. :lol: Denial is fun.

ya know what I kept wondering to myself while I was reading the deatheater fight? "While the hell doesn't he just petrificus totalus all of them and get them out of the way AND they'll be left there for later when they're arrested not running away...." I mean I woulda been shooting that spell at everything in my path.....

Back