Fantasy Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)

lol, im cing it at 10 a.m. the first showing and then if its real good i may see it w/ my other friend the next week or later that day. i love the harry potter books even thou the first movie waz kinda slow and the 2n 1 waz ok but the 3rd 1 looks more darker and its supposed 2 stick and go by the book.

OMG!!!! the film is bloody brilliant. :smiley: saw it last night and was quite impressed with the 500%improvement on the first two. even though its a PG it is quite dark and they've cut a lot out but done it well. the whole time turning thing is handled excellently. will be seeing it many more times, including tomorrow.

omg u guys the movie is only 2 hrs & 19 min
that is WAY shorter than the first two and the third book is longer!!!!!!!!! i bet they cut so much out :(

I don't get to see it till the 13th :(...I hope its as good as it's been hyped up to be...Siruis and Lupin don't look even a smidge like I expected them too...So I'm hoping at least they do a good job acting-wise...
As long as its better than the first 2 movies and doesn't butcher the storyline too much...then I'm content.

Yeah I'm definitely looking forward to the prisoner of azkaban. Out of the five books so far it would have to be my favourite. It's got edge and great characters in it! I'm also looking forward to the DVD! Which book was your favourite?

Ok, I saw it last night. Unfortunately, unlike I hoped, I was not blown away. While this is my favorite book, the movie was a bit dissapointing. There were too many discretions between the book and the movie, that I had such a hard time enjoying it because they were not minor ones, but major ones. I think I'll go see it again, knowing that they'll be flaws in the plotline, but try to enjoy for what it is. I wasn't happy with the casting of Lupin (he wasn't anything like I expected him to be), I'm still undetermined about Sirius as I was expecting someone very handsome as explained in the book, but I did love Emma Thompson as Professor Trewlaney. Maybe I expected too much and put it up to too high of standards, as it is my favorite book, but still....be prepared to see a lot of flaws if you've read the book and go see the movie. -_-

syd_spy47 said:
Ok, I saw it last night. Unfortunately, unlike I hoped, I was not blown away. While this is my favorite book, the movie was a bit dissapointing. There were too many discretions between the book and the movie, that I had such a hard time enjoying it because they were not minor ones, but major ones. I think I'll go see it again, knowing that they'll be flaws in the plotline, but try to enjoy for what it is. I wasn't happy with the casting of Lupin (he wasn't anything like I expected him to be), I'm still undetermined about Sirius as I was expecting someone very handsome as explained in the book, but I did love Emma Thompson as Professor Trewlaney. Maybe I expected too much and put it up to too high of standards, as it is my favorite book, but still....be prepared to see a lot of flaws if you've read the book and go see the movie. -_-
I've been saying the exact same thing at SD1 boards. This movie was such a disapointment to me, it is my favourite book of the saga and it just didn't meet my standards. I do accepts that it's my fault, I expected too much, but the just like you said there were too many parts that were left out that shouldn't have been, at least no if they wanted to please the book fans.
About Lupin I sort of liked him, but Sirius was definitely not what I expected, like I said he was not MY Sirius, and I'm pretty sure that most of the readers feel the same way.
If you go see it again, try to see it like if it were just another movie, try to forget the book and everything you thought it would be, and I promise you will enjoy it, my friends (who haven't read any of the books) were fascinated by it.

while it may not be YOUR Sirius, it's not YOUR movie. You didnt direct it, if you had, im sure that it would be exactly what YOUR Sirius was, but no one else's. This is Alphonso's persepective of how he sees Sirius, so I dont think it's fair to complain about it. Same with Lupin.

Anyway, I'm seeing the movie tonight so I'm excited.

Katelyn said:
while it may not be YOUR Sirius, it's not YOUR movie. You didnt direct it, if you had, im sure that it would be exactly what YOUR Sirius was, but no one else's. This is Alphonso's persepective of how he sees Sirius, so I dont think it's fair to complain about it. Same with Lupin.

Anyway, I'm seeing the movie tonight so I'm excited.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, but I don't think you should be so rude about it either. I didn't like the movie Sirius because I imagined him to be different. That happens to many people who saw it, so maybe you should wait to see it before you attack other peoples opinion. Besides I thought I was aloud to speak my mind, that's actually what this board is for. You are not expected to agree with everyone, but at least keep your mind open until you actually see the movie.

I agree with Kaiserin. It's just our opinion. You are totally free to have an opinion of your own, but don't attack ours because you don't agree. Everybody pictures these characters different, and we're just stating that we pictured him different and that's ok. But please don't attack our opinions because you don't agree.

OK i dont know what movie you guys were watching, but it was SOOOOOO good! liked it SO Much better than the first two, and i do thing one of the reasons is that i WASNT focused on what they left out and what they changed. the characters really evolved. harry wasnt some little boy anymore, he was HARRY POTTER and he definetely took charge in the movie. hermione also wasnt some little girl, she stood out and let her character evolve as well.

IT WAS AMAZING. i think im gonna have to see it again :D