Fantasy Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)

svfan4ever said:
OMG...when he was riding buckbeak all my friends were like...dude...you're not Leanardo DiCaprio
OMG thats what we did too!!!!!!
when he spread out his arms my friend and i were like titanic much? and then when he screamed "woo hoo" we both burst out laughing and everyone looked at us - i dont know whether they didnt get it or what but it was so funny!

hahaha, i agee he was all "look at me im Leo Dicapro"whom i think is gay. total titanic moment. he's supposed 2 been in the superhero film iran man, that movie should suck. wat is it with all the superhero movies and getting horrible actors/actresses, like Catwoman is Halle Berry, Julia Stiles is gonna or rumored 2 be Supergirl, and now Leo as Iron Man, these ppl who pick the casts are tearing the movies that should be good apart. i mean look at Dumbledore, he was horrific. he talked 2 fast and acted like he was insane most of the time. i wish they would cast a new Dumbledore but i doubt thats gonna happen, i just hope that they get a new director!!!! he tore this movie into shreds.

what? this director was soo much better. all the reviews have been saying the same thing and i agree. the old director tried to do everything exactly to the book. he didnt give the characters their own personalities! because everyone already knows whats hoing to happen in the HP movies, there has to be something to still instill a sense of surprise in the viewer. the old director didnt really do that, whereas the new guy did.

i agree that dumbledore was bad though...but he didnt play all that big a part in the movie, so whatever.

I just saw this, and it was so funny!

"The spiders want me to tap dance. I don't want to tap dance."
"You tell those spiders, Ron."

"Is that really what my hair looks like from the back?"

:laughbounce:

I really liked the new style the director brought to it, too.

i watched best week ever and this comedian acted like harry and it was sooo funny. "i would have punched malfoy myself, but i was too busy getting an erection"

i watched best week ever and this comedian acted like harry and it was sooo funny. "i would have punched malfoy myself, but i was too busy getting an erection"

Well, I didn't love the movie. I was disappointed with several of the changes from the book. Such as with the Firebolt.
I also didn't like how Ron is changed into such a coward. Plus there was the fact that he seemed relegated to the background.

In the books he and Hermione have a much larger role, even crookshanks has a bigger role then what he was given in the movie.

But I did like some of the differences that were in the movie.
The tap dancing spider dream was funny.
I loved the Ron/Hermione chemistry.

And I liked Dumbledore. I thought he was better than Richard Harris had been in the role.

Despite the fact that I hate that Ron is portrayed as a bit of a coward, I have to say that he is pretty funny. Gotta love Rupert Grint :smiley:

for an avid reader, i really am disappointed with the movie. like what some of you said, the changes are a bit off for me...yeah, especially the firebolt. the sequence of events also turned out to be so confusing. but the shots and effects are wonderful. i enjoyed harry's ride on buckbeak, with the matching scenery. i also liked the opening and ending "effects". all in all, it's still okay. (y)

I really need to stop reading the books right before I see the movies. I just knew from reading everyone's reactions before that I should have seen the movie first then read the book but alas, PoA was a big pageturner for me and I finished it in a couple days.

The movie was okay. I understand they can't put everything in there but ah, they make some parts unrecognizible. Like Snape not busting Harry after throwing what was supposed to be mud at Malfoy at the shrieking Shack - maybe it's just me, but I want more Snape screentime. Also, I was disappointed the classroom scene with Malfoy and Harry in Potions when Draco's arm was all messed up wasn't in there plus no winning of the house cup, no match againist Slytherin and the firebolt at the end - Plus, IMO they left the explanation for Peter being the one who blew everyone up as well as being the secret keeper at Sirius's urging very vague. Did they even mention anything about a secret keeper? And how in the hell is Harry going to get to Hogsmeade now since they didn't include the letter from Sirius at the end?

*sigh*

I still liked the movie though but was hoping for more.

I need some input.... My 6-year old loves the Harry Potter movies and I was thinking about taking him to this one but I've been told it is a lot "darker" and scarier.... Is this going to be a movie that will scare the be-jesus out of him????

Uhh, the Dementors were the freakiest felgercarb I have seen in movies in awhile ... I am still amazed so many little kids see this and don't have nightmares, it would have scared me to death when I was little! :lol: :hide:

I think if you were prepared to hide his eyes during the Dementors scenes, it would probably be okay :thinking: Or maybe that is just what I should have done ... If he's seen the others, I would say this one is no worse really. Just MO