Fantasy Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)

Kewii

April 27th
Title: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Tagline: Something wicked this way comes.

Genre: Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Alfonso Cuarón

Cast: Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Julie Christie, Robbie Coltrane, Michael Gambon, Richard Griffiths, Gary Oldman, Alan Rickman, Fiona Shaw, Maggie Smith, Timothy Spall, David Thewlis, Emma Thompson, David Bradley, Tom Felton, Pam Ferris, Dawn French, Robert Hardy, Julie Walters, Mark Williams, Harry Melling, Adrian Rawlins, Geraldine Somerville, Lee Ingleby, Lenny Henry, Jimmy Gardner, Jim Tavaré, Abby Ford, Oliver Phelps, James Phelps, Chris Rankin, Bonnie Wright, Devon Murray, Warwick Davis, Matthew Lewis, Sitara Shah, Jennifer Smith, Bronson Webb, Josh Herdman, Genevieve Gaunt, Kandice Morris, Alfred Enoch, Annalisa Bugliani, Tess Bu Cuarón, Violet Columbus, Paul Whitehouse, Ekow Quartey, Ricky Sahota, Jamie Waylett, Sharon Sandhu, Danielle Tabor, Freddie Davies, Peter Best, Lewis Barnshaw, Ian Brown, Samantha Clinch, Marianne Chase

Release: 2004-05-31

Runtime: 141

Plot: Year three at Hogwarts means new fun and challenges as Harry learns the delicate art of approaching a Hippogriff, transforming shape-shifting Boggarts into hilarity and even turning back time. But the term also brings danger: soul-sucking Dementors hover over the school, an ally of the accursed He-Who-Cannot-Be-Named lurks within the castle walls, and fearsome wizard Sirius Black escapes Azkaban. And Harry will confront them all.
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)

Gossip & Rumours:

Because of British Law Daniel Radcliff may not be in the next movie due to the limit of working hours for children under 16.

Professor Lupin will be played by Robin Williams in the third movie.

Sirius Black may be played by Michael Caine.

These are from
http://uk.geocities.com/pottermovie

I hate daniel radcliffe. I thought it was cos he wanted to concentrate on his GCSE's but he aint got them for like another 2 years like me!!!!
I met Devon Murray ( seamus) and Tom Felto (malfoy) in MK at a signing and I also met Daniel Logan from Star Wars:Episode Two:Attack of the Clones. He played little Boba Fett. I sat with Devon Murray in Costa Coffee. YAY!!!
anyways harry potter rocks and Ive just finished reading the 5 book which was sooooooooooooo good!!!!
dangerous agent
:Ph34r:

but i thought j.k. rowling wanted to keep the cast british. so how could robin williams play lupin?

what do you guys think about keeping the three primary kids the same actors? (i.e. keep daniel, rupert, and emma as harry, ron, and hermione)

i think it's pretty ridiculous to change the actors simply because they're aging "too fast." 95% of the time, you have older actors playing younger characters in films, so why is it such a big deal here? and i think changing the actors (even if they aren't the greatest actors) would just be too weird now that we're all so used to daniel, rupert, and emma.

i agree with you crazy! i dont care for daniel radcliffe at all! not at all what i pictured for harry and i think he needs some acting help...yeah he does!
but i love the idea of michael caine playing sirius! he is such a great actor!! just amazing! thats exciting more great actors(because of course maggie smith who i think does a superb job of mcgonagall, and malfoy's father! he is great as well!)
and even though ron is an okay actor, his faces are priceless! and hermione is okay(even though i wanted to do it becuase of my bushy brown hair, which is ten times bushier than emma's when i pouf it!LMAO!)
to be honest, i dont really care for the movies, the books are a hundred times better and i was glad to find that most of what i imagined in the first book hadnt changed in my mind!

Gee, I had heard a while back that Gary Oldman had signed as Sirius Black and that's who's listed at IMDb. Also, they have David Thewlis listed for Lupin. If you don't mind my saying, Robin Williams is the wrong physical type (OK, he's hairy, but come on).
;)

i dont care much for the movies... :rolleyes: when i first saw Emma, i thought she was gonna be awful... but she was one of the best actors. I can't see Robin Williams playing Lupin... :blink:

ooh...gary oldman. i like. he's an amazing actor. of the older actors, i've always liked maggie smith (mcgonagall) and alan rickman (snape). i think gary oldman would be a brilliant addition.

I thought it was Chris Columbus who wanted to keep an all British staff but since he has stepped down as director and moved to producer maybe R. Williams could become Lupin, though it doesn't seem to fit very well does it? I like Siri, liked Emma, and Rubert's facial expressions are great, but the movies just don't quite cut it for me I guess. :(

I think it's Rowling who is the force behind the British influence. Besides, the British feel it's their thing, so why not? Americans kinda ride roughshod over entertainment a little bit . . . (but, hey, the rest of the world isn't forced to buy it!) I'm looking forward to seeing Gary Oldman, too! (I wonder if they'll blacken his hair for the role?)
;)

I heard that its been officially announced that Daniel Radcliffe is coming back for fourth.yes and i cant wait to see Gary Oldman as Sirius Black.Its possible that Robin Williams could be Lupin he and Gary Oldman are about the same age Robin Williams being older.I mean they are suppose to be about the same age

Yeah, Michael Caine makes absolutely no sense for Sirius because he's a generation too old.
;)

I wasn't too sure about these..I agree about robin williams...
I'm not realy sure about Michael Caine...I dont know much about him...
but i jsut thought i'd share what i heard.
I have no idea how reliable it is

Well, thanks for the gossip, where did you get the intel from? :blink: I haven't heard much on the subject. That's kind of strange considering they are releasing it this year and no one has found out? I guess everyone was concerned with the book. :blush:

Did anybody else hear on the news that the kid for the 4th film is going to played by a kid from California? I thought they were keeping them from Europe...but maybe they aren't. Tell me if i'm wrong though...I didn't hear all of it. Robin Williams and Michael Cane......that doesn't seem right at all.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO im from cali!!!!! i luv cali!! lol i hope they keep the actors the same cuz i liked them. it would be hard to get used to different people in someones character!!

lauren vartan :surf: <-- see im a surfer from cali!!! lol

Nad said:
Well, thanks for the gossip, where did you get the intel from?
My info comes from the IMDb, which gets info from fans, but now more and more from the industry itself. However, I remember seeing a casting notice either at zap2it or the IMDb news page.
;)

I'm thinking with Chris Columbus as producer and not director that that could be the reason for the rumors of out of UK casting. I wonder if it is true? :blink:

verdantheart said:
Gee, I had heard a while back that Gary Oldman had signed as Sirius Black and that's who's listed at IMDb. Also, they have David Thewlis listed for Lupin. If you don't mind my saying, Robin Williams is the wrong physical type (OK, he's hairy, but come on).
;)
I heard and read the exact same thing. I highly doubt Robin Williams would ever be in the movie. And same goes for having a non-British cast....don't think it's going to happen.

And I heard Michael Gambon is to play Dumbledore.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database