Hary Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: the Movie

No Dursleys in this movie. ;)
It was a lot funnier than previous ones, and it was a decent movie.
It made 22 million on opening day.

I went to see it the other day, really enjoyed it, but it kind of just ended, but yeah, a really good movie, another great movie to go with the series, can't wait to see what they make of the last two. :smiley:

Oh, yeah, I think those bits of news have already had their chance to make bad publicity, but for some reason they aren't really having much of an impact.

You could also add the sad story of hte now-paralyzed stunt guy... Bad luck all around.

I saw it again! I was more annoyed with the burning sequence this time. If they were going to cut hte last battle, why stick a version of it somewhere else? That time could have been better managed. The opening sequence didn't bother me, though.

Here's the followup to Jamie Waylett pot conviction.

'Harry Potter's' Jamie Waylett gets Community Service for Growing Pot
Written by Tom Chiltton on July 22, 2009

Only days after giving a guilty plea to charges of growing pot, Jamie Waylett, an actor in the ‘Harry Potter’ films, was sentenced to serve 120 hours of community service in a London court on Tuesday. Waylett, whose role is bully Vincent Crabbe in the movies, was originally arrested for growing marijuana in his mother’s home in April.

Waylett was arrested, along with friend John Innis, after police searched a car he was riding in, discovering 8 bags of pot, as well as a knife. Authorities then raided the mother’s home, finding 10 marijuana plants, which were estimated to be worth £2,900 and were growing under hydroponic lights beside a PlayStation.

During the 15-minute hearing, District Judge Timothy Workman told the 20-year-old in front of the City of Westminster Magistrates Court that he accepts that the growing of the plants was on a small scale and not a commercial venture, but there was a sophisticated growing system involved. The judge added that he gave the actor credit for pleading guilty the first chance he got, cooperating with authorities, and until then, being of good character. Workman decided against jail time, of which could have put Waylett behind bars for 14 years.

According to Reuters, the friend of Waylett’s was sentenced to serve 6 weeks in a young offenders’ institution, as well as pay a fine of £500. He pleaded guilty of possessing a knife and 11 bags of pot.

Waylett’s 20[sup]th[/sup] birthday happened to be on Tuesday as well, and outside the courthouse he was quick to make amends with his employers and fans. He said that he extends his sincerest apologies to everyone involved with making the ‘Harry Potter’ films and especially to all of the fans.

Lucky guy... Com serv is realllly generous, considering hte charges. That means he'll still get his death scene, right? Or is it Malfoy's other croney in the Fiend Fyre? I always forget...

Back