Hary Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: the Movie

Scarlet Crystal

Bibbity Rabbity
In the US, tickets are up on Fandango!

There are about 230259034987 trailers and TV spots, after such a long wait... What do people think? Does it look good?

Personally, I think it has the potentially to be the best yet! The return of Quidditch and the new romantic plot lines will really give hte movie a boost.

CLICK HERE for a playlist on Youtube of trailers and the like.

:( It doesn't come out until the 15th of July in France. I know it's not long after US, but it's so unfair!! We waited so long for this movie!

I wanted to boycott it when I heard they wouldn't show it until the summer, I hate when it's all about money!
But I'm dying to see it!! I agree with you Scarlet Crystal, I also think it can be the best ! I really enjoyed the Order of the Phoenix, and it's the same team working on Half-Blood Prince, it should be bigger, better!

I heard a few rumors and several things I didn't like, I don't know if it's true but I'm quite scared. I don't want to be disappointed again!
For example, it seems we won't see Dumbledore's funeral... how can it be possible? I hope that's fake...

I'm really excited, i've been a huge fan of all of the other movies, hopefully i will be able to see this in theaters like almost all of the other movies, it should be very good.

I really really want to see this film - should be a great film and I cannot wait to see it in the next couple of weeks - shame the last book is in two seperate films rather than in one big film!

ooooooooooo Tetine....I hope your spoiler isn't correct. That's a huge piece in the that book to not have in the movie...just wrong!

*runs through thread*

I HAVE MY TICKETS FOR WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

*runs out of thread*

I have no idea when I'll see it, but hopefully soon ... depends when the company decides to bring it to Aruba ... but they usually are pretty fast with Harry Potter ... we'll see ...

I JUST SAW IT LAST NIGHT!

By FAR my favorite to date. While they did try to cram a lot in there, I can't fault them for that. It had so many funny moments, and I thought hte trio's acting had really gotten incredible since hte last movie. (Well, duh, they've expanded and done lots of other projects, haven't they?) And the climax of hte movie actually was way more profound for me than when it was when I read hte book! The same lines, pretty much, but somehow I was just in shock. Numb. It was soooo good.

Oh my god, I was so disappointed!! Not the movie I was expected to see. I agree when you say they act better, but what happened to the story??? The memories? The two best parts in the book?? And where are the new minister, Jedusor's family, the Dursley?
No, I didn't like it... :(

Well the mentioned the new minister. and the Dursleys had a big thing in the last one.

Quite honestly, due to their superb delivery of important scenes (like Quidditch and getting Slughorn's memory), I felt they had truly given me something that felt like reading hte book! And what do you mean, where is hte story? They just narrowed in on the most important memory. That didn't bother me. the movie was already deliciously long!

The one thing that didn't make sense was the house on fire sequence...

The house of fire and the bridge weren't necessary... they should have made the funeral and the final battle instead... And I was sick of Harry and Ginny, it didn't happen like that in the book...

But I was expecting a great, awesome, huge movie... and then I remembered, it's just another Harry Potter. All the same, disappointing and not exactly like the books. And I ask too much of course, I'm sure they've done their best.
I just don't understand why J.K.Rowling let something like that happen, her story is ruined.

They would never have had time to give AD's funeral justice. That's a fact.

And H/G was very mild, so I could hardly find it annoying... I'm picturing an epic scene early into teh next one, though, in which it's Harry's birthday, he says he's leaving and she can't come along, and Ginny gives him the intense good-bye kiss.

I enjoyed it immensely, I like that it was less dark then the previous one, there were some nice light hearted moments, especially with Harry and Ron. They sorta of cut out most of the HBP story line, which was fine because it was essentially crucial to the storyline but it would have been nice to see.
The house burning and the bridge scene were unnecessary, but suppose made it more dramatic. The D&M's with harry and Hermione made me laugh, and the H& G was funny, because she is a little bit taller then he is.
Helena Bonham Carter does awesome evil!

Overall thought it was pretty good, one of the better movies!

Not really Harry Potter news, but it involve a minor cast member being arrested.
http://www.nowmagazi...-drug-charge/1/
Harry Potter star pleads guilty to drug charge
- Jamie Waylett due in court again on 21 July
Friday, 17 July 2009

Harry Potter actor Jamie Waylett has pleaded guilty to growing cannabis at his mum's home in Kilburn.

Police discovered ten marijuana plants when they raided the property earlier this year.

The court heard they found shots of the plants on his camera after he was arrested of taking a picture of officers.

Jamie, 19, plays Draco Malfoy's right-hand man Vincent Crabbe in the films.

He will appear at the City Of Westminster Magistrates' Court on 21 July.
Bad publicity for the film. Will he be written out of the remaining HP films?

UPDATE: He could face up to 14 years in prison since it wasn't for personal use. But since this is his first offense he probably get a break.
http://www.telegraph...nabis-farm.html
Harry Potter actor Jamie Waylett arrested over £2,000 bedroom cannabis 'farm'

- Harry Potter actor Jamie Waylett, who played bullying Hogwarts pupil Vincent Crabbe, has been arrested after police allegedly found cannabis worth £2,000 in his bedroom.

By Aislinn Simpson
Published: 9:12AM BST 08 Apr 2009

Waylett was pulled over last week while driving in an Audi car in Westminster, central London, by police who believed he was behaving suspiciously.

A search of the car allegedly revealed eight bags of suspected cannabis, and Waylett and a friend, both 19, were arrested on suspicion of drug possession and taken to a nearby police station.

The actor's home in Camden, north London, which he shares with his mother, Theresa, two brothers and a sister, was then raided and police allegedly seized ten mature cannabis plants valued at around £2,000.

The plants were allegedly growing under powerful hydroponic lights beside the actor's DJ decks and a PlayStation.

Waylett was arrested again on suspicion of producing a class B drug, a charge which carries up to 14 years imprisonment.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said Waylett's car was stopped at around 7pm on Thursday April 2 and his home was searched at around 10.40pm.

"Both men have been bailed to a date in July pending further inquiries and tests on the substances," he added.

Waylett has appeared alongside Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint in all six of the blockbuster Harry Potter films.

The latest instalment, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, is due out in July.
What a DOPE. 👅

I didn't know that a Harry Potter actor got murdered just after Half Blood Prince finished filming.
http://www.timesonli...icle5847911.ece
Karl Bishop guilty of killing Harry Potter actor Robert Knox
From The Times online (UK)
March 5, 2009

The parents of Robert Knox, the Harry Potter film actor, spoke yesterday of the scar that knife crime had left on their family after a "habitual knife-carrier" was convicted of murdering their son.

Karl Bishop, 22, had armed himself with two kitchen knives to confront Mr Knox, 18, and his friends outside a bar in Sidcup, southeast London, last May. He is facing life in jail after being found guilty of murdering the young actor and attacking four of his friends.

Mr Knox's parents, Sally and Colin, broke down in tears as the trial ended at the Old Bailey. Mrs Knox, 50, said: "As a mother and parent I can never forgive the person responsible for taking my son Robert's life, or the devastation that has been caused by these actions."

Robert Knox had been cast as Marcus Belby in the forthcoming film Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and was due to reprise the role in the next instalment. His mother recalled how, on the night that her son died, he had been looking forward to going out. "How I wish Robert had popped his head around the door to say goodbye. If only I could turn back the clock, give him one more hug, take one more look at his face, tell him how much I love him," she said.

Mrs Knox, who has set up a foundation in her son's name, vowed to raise awareness of knife crime so that he "did not die in vain". She said: "I really wish that no other family have to suffer and endure the loss of a loved one, at the hands of someone with a knife."

Colin Knox, 55, who is separated from his wife, also spoke movingly of the life and career that Bishop had cut short. He said: "When a life is taken by a violent act, then that is so very hard to accept. Robert had been fortunate and successful in his acting career. When he got the part of Marcus Belby he was so excited, happy and proud."

Bishop refused to leave his cell to hear the proceedings yesterday.

It emerged that the unemployed window cleaner, who had been expelled from primary school and already had a criminal record for causing actual bodily harm, had been reported to the police in the months before the attack for two attempted robberies at knifepoint. Bishop had described himself as a "very angry" child.

He was said to have been furious with Robert Knox, a 6ft rugby player, after he had stood up to him a week earlier over a missing mobile phone. Bishop told the group: "I'm going to come back next week and someone's going to die."

When he visited the Metro bar in Sidcup he was initially refused entry. He went home, arming himself with two kitchen knives, 11in and 12in long, and returned to the bar. Bystanders saw Bishop's face "screwed up in rage" as he lashed out with the knives, stabbing his victims at least ten times in less than two minutes.

A police officer said that after his arrest he showed no remorse, saying: "Yeah, sweet" when told that Mr Knox had died. He rejected responsibility, claiming instead that the victims had run into his knife.

Bishop was also found guilty of wounding Dean Saunders, 23, a friend of Robert Knox, and of wounding Andrew Dormer, 17. He was found guilty of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm to Charlie Grimley, 17, and Nicky Jones, 20. He was cleared of wounding another of Mr Knox's friends, Tom Hopkins, 19. He will be sentenced today.
Bishop received a life sentence — to serve a minimum of 20 years before being considered for parole — the following day. Bishop also received three further concurrent life sentences for wounding Knox's friends.

Back