Have realized my dog is responsible for me gaining a few pounds

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
We have a family dog and I have finally realized that he partly responsible for me gaining some pounds the past few years. :confused: OK, allow me to explain...

When we take the dog outside it has become a habit to give him a small treat if he does anything. Usually one of those tiny little treats for training purposes. I realized that, without even thinking about it, that when I take him outside I grab a snack for me while I am outside with him. Nothing in particular, whatever happens to be handy; a few chips, a cookie, maybe even an apple. The problem is that it is consistent, the dog goes out, he gets a treat, I get a treat.

Not sure who trained whom on this one. :X3:

So effective immediately I'm trying to make a conscious effort to stop this behavior. Don't worry, the dog will still get his treat. ;) The vet' is happy with his weight, my doctor on the other hand is not happy with mine.

Couple of days now of trying to mentally not take a snack with me while taking the dog out. Not sure what is worse, the fact that I got into the habit in the first place or the number of times I am finding myself reaching for something out of habit.

Back