Have you had your Sci Fi fix lately?

I'm just curious. For the last few years, I haven't really been seeing a lot of promising Sci Fi. I'm talking about something epic like Star Wars or Star Trek. What happened to all the great sagas? Sure you get a good show every now and then but where is the next Star Wars or Star Trek?

For my Sci Fi fix, I had to get it through Mass Effect 1 and 2. Where are these new and exciting universes that make you feel like a kid again? An entire universe full of new technology, lore and exciting stories with plot twists. A universe with so much to explore and unlock.

The reason I'm creating a sci fi saga with the Alpha Universe: The Origin Saga is because I believe this is missing today but the website is only in its infant stages. I would like to find something new and exciting to get into cause Sci Fi for me isn't what it used to be. I'm an 80's child and I find myself on Netflix watching 80's movies a lot because movies nowadays are horrible! Not that they were great in the 80's but back then is was more focused on story than gimmicky effects and 3-D.

Anybody know of anything on the horizon or floating out there on the web? The internet has so much potential...where is it? How do you get your Sci Fi fix?

I was a fanatical watcher of BSG when it was on. Actually I started in season 3 and caught up in a week. I was hooked. Since it went off, I've been through all the episodes at least twice. Also watched Caprica although it was meh.

There is a new series in the BSG universe coming out sometime this year I think. Blood and Chrome. Set during the first cylon war. Can't wait.

I have tried to go back and watch movies from the 80's, but I can't really get into them like I did when I was a kid. Most don't age well. Alien(s) is an exception.

Back