Head Over Heels

Okay, Bonjour tout le monde :D
(I'm wearing a French hat-ish-thing... hence the french ;) )

why did michael break up with her to begin with? where is he going to college at? questions, questions...so many questions

*taps chin* You guys actually, don't learn why they broke up for the very last time until the very, very, end of the fic. Somewhere in the last four chapters if I remember correctly.
And - Michael's going to college at Brown, in New York City, which is mentioned later.
Questions? I <3 questions! I'll answer any you guys have...within limits :rolleyes:

Updated PM list -

k-mila
LittleNicky
ubielecki
shelley g.
Syd&Vaughn4eva
batman
atekamel
hannahb
Faye Vaughn
MH55995
sabbiee_co
Chicketepee
grassyass
freelancer79
luckylass
vartan-lova
aprilsfool6
fire*N*ice
Nancy O
cupcake55
scullymulder1234
SydneyVaughn47
aliasfan212
Sydney L Bristow
syd26
Lovygirl
Phoenixwannabe
tubby
vaughnroxmysox
vaughnsgurl4lf
Bamse
alias_chick_47
frangipani
ASIOagent
sparklingrainbow
wiseman
sydneymicheal
orely18a
undercover_spy
aliasisthebest
ae_gurl293
benzmine
derevkointraining
catfishally
ams4alias
Alwazabrat
freckles3706
funkymonkey
smartgirl2004
fieldstation
Jen-Jen
vaughnshoney
Bubbles
ChrisM
texasalias2004
Sarahmañana
iheartvaughn
Kate_14
6helterskelter6
AliasSydney502
BrownEyedGirl
SydVaughn1001
KAliasGirl
sydney_alias_vaughn
i love vaughny
Syd_ Vaughn
amlynac
aliasdancer007
Soccer22vartan
Nicky_Bristow
lady alias
littleangel
Alias79
kromrell
orely18a
kittykatsmeow
Catpin
Ms.MichaelVaughn

Chapter Three

The summer had passed by too quickly for anybody’s liking. Most days were spent in the backyard at either Rachel or Sydney’s house, lathering up in sunscreen and trying to get a tan without turning too pink.

On good day’s, when the girls were feeling spontaneous, they’d venture down to the beach and watch as a few of their friends surfed. Very rarely, they’d even walk down to the pier or drive out of the city to get away from all the racket of summer time in Los Angeles. On normal days though, sunshine, the pool, and one another’s company was enough to keep them both happy.

It took Rachel almost three weeks to get all the details of the ‘final goodbye’ from Sydney, them she spent another week clearing her mind of the images implanted there. Smacking Sydney ever spare chance she could, sending her glares whenever anyone brought up Michael’s name.

Sydney and Rachel spent a lot of time talking about what the future held in store for them. How they were going to make it through their senior year of high school before starting colleges, separate colleges. Mostly, however, a topic that seemed to come up time and time again would have to be mainly focused around Michael Vaughn.

Her heart was still repairing the hole he’d left in it, and it took all the will power Rachel had to convince her best friend that Michael was a jerk and undeserving of her. Even though, mentally she was wishing both of them would get a little sense knocked into their heads and see how good they really were for one another.

“I just can’t believe you slept with him, again,” Rachel complained, her hand flying to cover her eyes. “When I was right down the hall.”

Shrugging her shoulders lightly, Sydney tried to ignore her. “You bring this up every day… I’m trying to spare some of your sanity.”

Rachel rolled her eyes. What else was she supposed to do?

~​

Eventually the warm August day’s turned into chilling September nights as the new school year began. They’d made it three months without him breathing down their necks, watching their backs with every move they made, school would be no different.

It wasn’t, either, to a point. There were classes, and bad days and good days, just like any year before. The only thing missing was his smiling face and bright green eyes meeting her everyday after school.

Sydney swore to herself that she’d get over him, and she did.

“He asked me out!” she squealed, running up to Rachel with a big smile plastered on her face.

Her eyes narrowed. “Who?” she questioned.

“Brandon!” Sydney squealed again, this time dropping her books and doing a little girlish jump. “Isn’t this awesome?”

Rachel sighed heavily. “So you two are… a thing now?”

Nodding her head vigorously Sydney’s smile grew even larger. “Yes!”

She rolled her eyes slowly, trying to remember how to be a supportive best friend when every bone in her body was telling her to smack Sydney upside the head. “That’s… great, Syd. Really.”

Rachel never liked Brandon, not in the least. He was rich and snotty, and thought he owned everything and everyone. His hair was way too perfect to be natural, and she could have sworn she caught him doing his eyebrows one day. Brandon Kerns was a liar, and someone that Rachel couldn’t stand to see Sydney get caught up with.

The first months of school had trudged on slowly, but finally Christmas had arrived. Sydney had set to meet Rachel in the parking lot after school when the final bell rang in order to spend the vacation with the Vaughn’s, since Jack, Sydney’s father, was out of town.

Leaning against the hood of her silver Ford Focus, Rachel watched as Sydney approached with Brandon holding her hand. She rolled her eyes beneath the sun glasses, and tried to ignore as the couple walked closer.

“You’re late, Syd,” Rachel sighed, brushing a piece of hair from in front of her eyes.

Sydney shot her a look, focusing her attention on Brandon who had now brought her hand to his mouth, kissing it gently. She giggled girlishly, a smile plastered on her lips.

“Don’t forget about our date, tomorrow night, right?” he asked, letting go of her hand and wrapping both arms around her waist.

“Christmas with you, how could I pass it up?”

Rachel gagged silently. She could deal with the hand holding, and pretending that she supported their relationship, from afar that was. When she had to see it up close, the flirting, the kissing, something got to her. Shaking her head clear, Rachel threw open the car door and got inside.

“Come on,” she complained.

Sydney kissed Brandon on the lips quickly before stepping away from him and towards Rachel’s car. “I’ll call you later,” she promised.

“See you around, Bristow.” With a wink, he walked off.

She slid into the passenger seat quickly, throwing her back pack into the seat behind her. Sydney began to fiddle with the radio stations, like she had been for the last two years since Mr. Vaughn had given Rachel the car, and finally found an appropriate station. It wasn’t until she’d buckled her seat belt and sat back with a sigh that she realized the car wasn’t moving.

Sydney looked over to see Rachel practically glaring at her with her manicured nails tapping the steering wheel impatiently. Rolling her eyes, Sydney flipped the radio back to the previous channel. “Sorry, thought you wouldn’t mind.”

Rachel shook her head side to side, putting the car into ‘drive’ as she did so. “I don’t care if you change the station.”

Grinning, the radio station was changed, yet again. Except for the variety of music spilling from the speakers, both girls were oddly silent. “What’s up?” Sydney finally asked, turning the radio completely off and maneuvering in her seat to look at her best friend.

“Nothing.”

Silence followed again, their breathing and the sound of the car moving being the only thing that was heard.

“Don’t look at me like that,” Sydney said shortly, crossing her arms.

“I’m not even looking at you,” Rachel reiterated.

“And stop thinking what you’re thinking,” Sydney told her.

“You don’t know what I’m thinking.” She took her eyes off the road for a split second to send a glare in Sydney’s direction, only to have it returned to her. Rachel took a deep breath. “Fine, so maybe you do know, but you don’t have to rub it in.”

Sydney smiled lightly, looking at the side of Rachel’s head as she drove. “He’s not as bad as you make him out to be, you know.”

“I don’t like him.”

“I know.” Sydney sighed. “You don’t have to like him; you just have to be nice.”

“Which, would be where the problem ensues.” Rachel rolled her eyes again, her stubborn habit peaking its way to the surface. “He’s no good, Syd, no good.”

“I like him,” she replied defensively, reaching for the radio dial. “And honestly, I could care less what you have to say.”

Rachel was used to Sydney building up that defensive wall, used to watching her deny the truth, but this was one thing she refused to let her best friend suffer through.

“Don’t sleep with him tomorrow night,” she told her quietly. “He’s not worth it.”

Sydney narrowed her eyes. “I never said I was going to.”

Shrugging her shoulders lightly, Rachel pulled the car into the driveway, observing Sydney as she noticed the Jetta parked in front of the garage doors that hadn’t been there in over five months.

With her eyes growing wide, Sydney stared at Rachel in shock.

“If you’re allowed to read my mind, I’m allowed to read yours.” Smirking, Rachel opened the car door. “Now, come on. We’re all putting up the tree before dinner.”

Alright, PMs will be sent in a few minutes.
The next update will be Monday :smiley:

Hope you guys liked it!
*_Ash

--EDIT--

Chapter Four

ooooooooooo luv it
well not that syds has a boyfriend but that vaughn is back n the halarity that will ensue
can't wait for monday
thanks for the pm
hope syd does not sleep with him

luv Chicketepee :seehearspeak:

Back