Head Over Heels

Dont worry, i dont think its even possible for Australians to b offended, we all pretty much go with the flow!! :D
It does seem weird to me for an aussie accent to b described as thick but thats probably just me

Great update!

So cute, and so obvious Vaughn is her boyf that doesnt really exist!
How can they both not see this and just jump each other already!!

UPDATE ASAP

Is Sydney not going away to school?
When is Micheal coming home for the summer...
Syd knows she loves Micheal, just don't understand why
she thinks Micheal's feelings aren't as strong as hers.
Thanks for the pm...
Can't wait for more.

Great update!
But she said she had a boyfriend coz she still has feelings for Vaughn. No matter if she likes it or not. Please post more soon I can't wait until Vaughn comes home again. Thanks for the PM.

awwwwwwwwwwwww syd so confused n upset :thinking:
i don't like it vaughn has to fix it
luv it
update soon
thanks for the pm

luv Chicketepee :seehearspeak:

So Rachel is going to Ohio State huh? LOVE IT! GO Buckeyes! It's not everyday that I read a fic with OSU in it! Oh and maybe you have already answered this but how many chapters are there in this fic?

Thanks so much! :D :D

great chapter

the pick up line was great :lol: Sydney should just admit she has feeligns for Michael
can't wait for what will happen when he comes back...
hopefully he doesn't have a girlfriend

thanks for the pm

Okay you guys, Update time!
And, I'm seriously proud with all the questions you asked! :D

Do we have to deal with any other boyfriends or girlfriends before they get together!??
Nope!

And please tell me we don't have to wait til the last couple of chaps before they get together!??
*smirks*...just you be patient, hmms?

Is Sydney not going away to school?
Yes, she is... she's actually going to NYU... which, you might want to remember (even though I'll be reminding you guys before I post the last chapter... Where she goes to school is important...

How many chapters are there in this fic?
There are Twenty-Two...and no Epilogue...'Cause there's a sequel planned - but not started yet, due to another impending piece of fiction.

When is Michael coming home for the summer... (I'm going to count this as a question...)
Right.Now.

PM List
k-mila
LittleNicky
ubielecki
shelley g.
Syd&Vaughn4eva
batman
atekamel
hannahb
Faye Vaughn
MH55995
sabbiee_co
Chicketepee
grassyass
freelancer79
luckylass
vartan-lova
aprilsfool6
fire*N*ice
Nancy O
cupcake55
scullymulder1234
SydneyVaughn47
aliasfan212
Sydney L Bristow
syd26
Lovygirl
Phoenixwannabe
tubby
vaughnroxmysox
vaughnsgurl4lf
Bamse
alias_chick_47
frangipani
ASIOagent
sparklingrainbow
wiseman
sydneymicheal
orely18a
undercover_spy
aliasisthebest
ae_gurl293
benzmine
derevkointraining
catfishally
ams4alias
Alwazabrat
freckles3706
funkymonkey
smartgirl2004
fieldstation
Jen-Jen
vaughnshoney
Bubbles
ChrisM
texasalias2004
Sarahmañana
iheartvaughn
Kate_14
6helterskelter6
AliasSydney502
BrownEyedGirl
SydVaughn1001
KAliasGirl
sydney_alias_vaughn
i love vaughny
Syd_ Vaughn
amlynac
aliasdancer007
Soccer22vartan
Nicky_Bristow
lady alias
littleangel
Alias79
kromrell
orely18a
kittykatsmeow
Catpin
Ms.MichaelVaughn
buckeyealum2000
tunita
saila_02
stella1
xxaliasluverxx
stealthy
blualoha
Aliaschick347
pansarah1
Lor_Aliasfan47
Rica18
Carney4ever
Julia47Thorne
Lily Ella
twinkley_angel

Chapter Eight

Sydney had been both nervously and anxiously awaiting Michael’s return home from college for the summer. The minute he walked through the front door, her heart skipped a beat, going at a faster rhythm than it had been. She knew it was beating at the same pace as his.

Standing on the stairs, just like last time, she wanted to let the actual family have their time, Sydney watched as he interacted with everyone. Greeting his mother with nothing but smiles and his father with a firm handshake that turned into a hug.

He looked up when Rachel came bouncing down the stairs and caught hold of Sydney’s gaze. Instead of frowning, or scowling like he had last time, Michael sent a small smile in her direction.

Taking Rachel in an embrace quickly, he excused himself to put his bags in his room. Walking past, discreetly he whispered, “Hey you”, into Sydney’s ear, causing a chill to go down her spine.

Rachel, noticing the change in Sydney’s facial expression, shot her a look of confusion. Smiling calmly, and shaking her head lightly, Sydney let it go.

~​

Michael was sitting in the den, watching the latest hockey game on television when Sydney walked in. She plopped herself down in the chair across from him, only being able to see the t.v. screen out of the corner of her eye.

Glancing over at her, a smile graced his lips. “What’s up?”

Sydney shrugged lightly. “Bored,” she complained with a roll of her eyes.

“Where’s Rach?”

“Painting,” Sydney explained.

Michael let out a heavy sigh, shaking his head back and forth slowly. “That girl…” he began, and then paused when a thought came over him. “My shirt?” he gasped.

“Safely tucked in your bottom drawer,” Sydney said with a laugh.

Sighing in relief, he slowly ran a hand through his messy hair. Michael studied her face carefully, almost amazed how much she knew about him. He couldn’t fathom how they’d gotten so close over the last four years and was in a firm state of denial that the two of them had never been anything more than friends.

“What’s up?” she asked, interrupting his thoughts.

The look on his face gave away how deep in concentration he was; his hand stopped mid air reaching for the top of his head. She watched as he smiled nervously, bringing both hands back to his lap.

“What’s my favorite sports team?” he asked her, scrunching his brow.

With a perplexed look, she quietly answered, “The Kings.”

Smiling lightly, Michael slowly slipped back into reality, choosing this opportune moment to realize maybe at one point Sydney and him had been something more.

“Yeah, they are, aren’t they?” Michael said slowly, almost in a trance.

She raised an eyebrow skeptically at him. “Loosing your mind so soon, old man?” He laughed at her, she smiled at him, and suddenly they both fell silent, the same thoughts rushing through their minds.

“I miss this,” Sydney whispered quietly. He could barely hear her.

Michael nodded his head slowly, silently agreeing. “What happened to us?” he wondered out loud.

Sydney shrugged. “I think, we just kept growing apart.”

He nodded again. “I don’t want that.”

The couple stayed quiet a minute or two, both hearing the hockey game blaring from the speakers, but not paying attention. They were lost in their own thoughts, minds whirling around one another.

“Let’s try again,” Michael suggested out of the blue, his shining green eyes looking up to meet her brown ones.

“Hmm?” she asked confused, her index finger tracing the pattern of the fabric in the chair she was sitting in.

“You, me, us. Let’s try again, for real this time.” he suggested, looking at Sydney with hope radiating off of him.

“Really?” Her face broke out into a full blown smile.

Michael nodded his head, his facial expression mirroring hers. “Really.”

“I’d like that,” she told him quietly, her cheeks flushing a light shade of pink.

Without warning, he stood, reaching for her hand. “Come for a walk with me,” he leaned down and whispered in her ear, causing goose bumps to travel up her arms.

“Seducing me already?” Sydney asked him with a smirk, rising to her feet.

Michael winked. “Maybe.”

They both laughed quietly and began to weave their way through the house and out the back door, Michael never once letting go of Sydney’s hand. Once outside, the warm May sun enveloped them as they walked towards the thicket of trees.

“I love this place,” Sydney whispered, afraid her voice would interrupt the peaceful atmosphere.

“I know,” he grinned, sitting down against an old tree trunk.

She went and sat next to him, their entwined hands resting against Michael’s upper thigh. “You can hear the stream if you’re really quiet,” she told him, her head falling limply to his shoulder.

The trees formed a canopy above them, blocking out the sun from assaulting their skin. Michael smiled lightly, letting his chin rest on top of her brown hair. “Yea,” he mumbled, letting his eyes drift close.

They sat quietly for a while, basking in one another’s close proximity and the fact that they were going to be all right this time. The faint sound of rushing water could be heard, causing Sydney to smile, remembering that night in the beginning of sophomore year when they’d had their first kiss.

“It’s freezing out!” Sydney shrieked, as her and Michael ran across his backyard.

“Stop whining,” he laughed at her, the grip on her hand tightening.

“Where are we going?” she asked for what seemed like the millionth time that night.

Michael only shook his head in reply.

In a matter of seconds they came to a group of tall trees, with its canopy blocking out the moon, making the night seem even darker than it was. Resting his back against the tall oak tree, Michael regained his breath.

“I don’t like this, it’s creepy.” Sydney crossed her arms, subconsciously walking towards him.

He reached his arms out for her, wrapping them securely around her middle. “Just listen,” Michael whispered in her ear, but the only thing Sydney could hear was the sound of his heart pounding against her cheek.

Then it came quickly, a noise that was so faint it sounded like a rush of wind.
Water, it had finally clicked. Barely being able to see his face, Sydney looked up at Michael and grinned. “I love it here.”

Nodding slowly, his hand came up and ran along her jaw line, his finger tilting her chin towards his mouth. In one swift motion, they kissed.

“Michael?” Sydney whispered, afraid he’d fallen asleep. “Are you awake?”

He laughed quietly at her, nodding his head and opening his eyes. “Yeah, Babe.”

“Michael?” she asked again, looking up to meet his eyes.

Worry traced his face, small creases appearing in his forehead as his brow furrowed. “What’s the matter?” he asked frantically, afraid she’d rethought his offer.

“Maybe we shouldn’t tell anyone…” Her voice trailed off as she gulped, hoping he didn’t take it the wrong way. “I mean, people would pressure us and stuff. Rachel would never leave us alone again. I just want to try being us again. Regular us.”

Nodding in agreement, he smiled lightly. “I think that’s a good idea.”

“And, Michael?” she questioned, her hand coming up to rest on his cheek.

Lost in her eyes, he could barely formulate words. “Hmm?”

“Lets go slow… I don’t want to screw this up.” Smiling shyly, her eyes shone.

“Anything you want,” he assured, gently bringing his lips down on hers, affirming all their intentions, and wordlessly agreeing to a fresh start.

“Anything,” Michael repeated with a whisper, pressing a loving kiss to her forehead.

:love: I'm so in love with the flashback... :love:
But - I wanted to make it clear that since Michael's a year older than Sydney, she was a sophmore and he was a junior at that time.

PMs in a second.
:angelnot: Ash

--EDIT--

Chapter Nine

Yay!! they are back together..... They are so cute :love:... that was the best chapter ever I loved it!! :D :D :D :D

Awesome chapter. Can't wait for more.

°°NiCkY°°

Back