Head Over Heels

Good thing they decided to keep their renewed relationship, a secret. Otherwise, Michael's sister would be watching them like a hawk. Let's hope this time things will work out.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

I wanted to make it clear that since Michael's a year older than Sydney, she was a sophmore and he was a junior at that time.
argh i hate living in australia our school systm is different and im confused
could you explain that for me PLEASEEEEEEEE
this is sooooo goood im sick now and half asleep but i had to read it its awesome
hehe and baggin aussies (dont blame ya)
could i pleas4e please please with a cherry on top
get a pm??
thanks
Dani

I absolutely loved that chapter. I am amazed that I am not upset with Michael either. They are both acting like adults here. Very good. I am afraid that they will be back to their old ways by the next update. I really hope I am wrong.
Thanks for the PM

YA!!! They are starting over and taking a second chance!!! :jump:
-Ugghh I really want to know why we needed to know the whole sophomore/junior thing!!!

-Now for my question.......since they are taking a second chance right now...does that mean that they are going to break up and then have like a third chance!!! And if that is a yes (which I hope its not) how many times do we have to deal with them breaking up!!?? :D

Loved it! Thanks for the pm!!!

happy times, happy times :love:

thanx for the PM :smiley:

can't wait to see what happens next :thumbsup

happy times, happy times :love:

thanx for the PM :smiley:

can't wait to see what happens next :thumbsup

Alright, we're gonna have to make this quick, because I'm unbelievably sickly and still have all my homework to do. So, I appologize in advance for the very short, and very crappy, answers.

Michael goes to Brown in New York right?
Yes.

Is the fact that she was a sophomore and he was a junior significant?
Not really, but sort of? I just wanted to make sure you guys were still aware that there was an age difference.

Does that mean that they are going to break up and then have, like, a third chance?
Do you, seriously, put that little amount of faith in me?

Okay - A few people asked me to explain the Junior and Sophomore thing...
Here the grading system for people in High School (grades 9-12) goes as follows -
Freshman
Sophomore
Junior
Senior
So, Freshman's grade Nine, Sophomore's grade Ten, Junior's grade Eleven, and Senior's grade Twelve.
Make sense, enough? :thinking:

Updated PM List
k-mila
LittleNicky
ubielecki
shelley g.
Syd&Vaughn4eva
batman
atekamel
hannahb
Faye Vaughn
MH55995
sabbiee_co
Chicketepee
grassyass
freelancer79
luckylass
vartan-lova
aprilsfool6
fire*N*ice
Nancy O
cupcake55
scullymulder1234
SydneyVaughn47
aliasfan212
Sydney L Bristow
syd26
Lovygirl
Phoenixwannabe
tubby
vaughnroxmysox
vaughnsgurl4lf
Bamse
alias_chick_47
frangipani
ASIOagent
sparklingrainbow
wiseman
sydneymicheal
orely18a
undercover_spy
aliasisthebest
ae_gurl293
benzmine
derevkointraining
catfishally
ams4alias
Alwazabrat
freckles3706
funkymonkey
smartgirl2004
fieldstation
Jen-Jen
vaughnshoney
Bubbles
ChrisM
texasalias2004
Sarahmañana
iheartvaughn
Kate_14
6helterskelter6
AliasSydney502
BrownEyedGirl
SydVaughn1001
KAliasGirl
sydney_alias_vaughn
i love vaughny
Syd_ Vaughn
amlynac
aliasdancer007
Soccer22vartan
Nicky_Bristow
lady alias
littleangel
Alias79
kromrell
orely18a
kittykatsmeow
Catpin
Ms.MichaelVaughn
buckeyealum2000
tunita
saila_02
stella1
xxaliasluverxx
stealthy
blualoha
Aliaschick347
pansarah1
Lor_Aliasfan47
Rica18
Carney4ever
Julia47Thorne
Lily Ella
twinkley_angel
dandan
vaughn&sydneylover

Chapter Nine

Sydney knocked lightly on Michael’s bedroom door, quickly looking down the hall to make sure Rachel hadn’t noticed she was missing.

“Come in,” he called, looking up from his book.

Smiling, she shut the door behind herself and walked across the room to join him on the bed. “Hey,” she whispered, pressing a gentle kiss to his lips.

“Mmm.” He grinned against her lips, dropping the book, and placing both hands on her shoulders he brought her down on top of him.

She erupted with laughter, pushing herself up so that she was sitting again. “What are you reading?”

He shrugged. “Something for school.” Sitting up he leaned into her again.

“No,” Sydney laughed, standing up away from him. “I’ve got to go get ready.”

For the first time since she’d walked in the room Michael noticed what she was wearing. A white dress that fell to her knees, and had straps that clung to her shoulders. She’d even curled her hair.

“You look amazing,” he smiled at her, his finger tracing the side of her cheek.

Sydney blushed. “Thanks,” she whispered. “I should go finish my makeup, before Rachel sends a search party out and finds me in here…”

“Go on, I’ll see you tonight,” Michael promised, kissing her forehead gently.

“Promise you’re coming?” Her eyes flashed with worry, a sad smile spreading across her lips.

“I wouldn’t miss your graduation for the world,” Michael informed her with a boyish grin. “Besides, even if I did miss yours, I couldn’t miss Rachel’s. And seeing as how they’re at the same time…”

She smacked the back of his head, narrowing her eyes. “That’s not funny!”

“Sorry,” he laughed, flopping down into his computer chair and sliding across the hard wood floor until the arm of it collided with his blue walls.

Rolling her eyes Sydney walked towards the white door. “I’ll see you later,” she smiled, throwing the door open to see Rachel with her fist raised on the other side.

“Syd?” she questioned, her arm lowering to her side. “What are you doing in Mike’s room?” Rachel stuck her head in the room, seeing Michael sitting by his computer.

With a nervous smile, Sydney looked to Michael for help. “She told me to get my ass in gear so I don’t make you beauty-queens late,” he explained smoothly.

“Oh,” Rachel said flatly, her eyes dancing back and forth between the two of them.

“Yea, because you were complaining in the bathroom. Figured if he was ready before us, you’d shut up.” Sydney stuck her tongue out at her best friend.

“I don’t remember that,” Rachel said confused, scrunching her forehead.

“You were,” Sydney assured her, linking their arms at the elbow. “Come on, don’t want to be late for your own graduation, do you?”

Before walking off down the hall with Rachel, Sydney snuck one last glance at Michael. He winked at her, getting up to shut the door.

~​

The graduation ceremony went fairly quickly, the normal speeches from chosen students and the town mayor congratulating the class on how outstanding they’d been throughout their years at the high school.

Sydney had been one of the first to get her diploma, and since they went in alphabetical order Rachel was close to the end. However, on her way back to her seat she noticed the girl that was assigned to sit next to Sydney had gone to the bathroom and quickly stole the seat. Using the excuse that she was back with all the nerds that picked their noses and stared at her like they’d never seen a girl before.

Laughing, Sydney didn’t try to argue, but only tried to pay attention as the last of speeches were being made. She had been third in her class, one point away from being second. Thankfully though, she wasn’t forced to speak in front of the whole class.

About a half an hour after the diplomas were given, the principal finally cut the mayor off and took the microphone. “I now present to you the class of 2006!” he yelled as everybody cheered.

Rachel and Sydney hugged tightly, both girls refusing to cry since they knew this would not be the last time they saw each other. They’d already made plans for the summer, and Rachel wasn’t leaving until the middle of July so they had two more months before the tears would be allowed to flow.

“Michael!” Rachel screeched, rushing up to her brother to give him a hug.

“Hey little graduate,” he smirked, squeezing her cheeks.

“This is what it feels like to be out of high school?” she laughed, letting him go and rushing off to find her parents.

Keeping his distance, Michael was debating whether or not it would be alright for him to congratulate Sydney with all of her friends around. Not letting him have the opportunity to come to a decision, she wrapped her arms around his neck and breathed in his scent.

“Congratulations,” he whispered, discretely kissing the side of her head.

Slowly and reluctantly, Sydney pulled back, smiling shyly at him. Her cell phone vibrated in her pocket, implying she had a message, and she dialed in to her voicemail to receive her father’s latest excuse.

“Sydney, Sweetheart. I’m sorry I couldn’t make it to your graduation tonight. I tried my best to get out of the business conference, I even booked the flight home from New York, but the partners decided to keep us late. Your present’s on the table at home, if you want to swing by and get it. I have a surprise for you the next time I come back as well. I will make this up to you, Sweetheart. Congratulations.”

She rolled her eyes. “Just my dad,” she explained to Michael.

“Does he want you home?” he asked, reaching for the car keys in his pocket.

“No, he’s stuck in New York for another week.” Sighing heavily, she allowed him to wrap his arms around her.

“I’m sorry, Syd. He should have been here.” Michael rubbed soothing circles on her back, watching as people walked by.

He felt her shrug. “Come home with me tonight,” Sydney whispered against his neck.

Before he could reply, or protest, Rachel ran up to them, still squealing about being a graduate. “You ready to go?” she asked Sydney excitedly, not even bothering to notice her brother’s arms wrapped around her best friend.

Sydney pushed out of his embrace, shaking her head slowly. “My dad just called, he wants me home tonight.”

Rachel’s face fell. “Oh.”

“Sorry,” Sydney apologized. “We’ll go out for dinner tomorrow night?”

“Okay!” Rachel chirped, then squealed yet again when Nathan wrapped his arms around her waist from behind.

“Syd, Mike,” He acknowledged them both with a nod of his head. “Ready, Baby?”

Raising her eyebrow suggestively, Sydney smirked. “Where you two off to?”

Letting her shoulders rise and fall gently, Rachel smiled mischievously. “Where ever I want. Since my best friend ditched me.”

Sydney laughed, shooing Rachel and Nathan away so that she could wrap herself back up in Michael’s arms.

~​

“Okay, movie time.” Sydney grinned, flopping down on the couch in Michael’s lap.

“Right,” he nodded, hitting the ‘play’ button on the DVD player.

They weren’t even half way through The Ring when Sydney fell asleep. Turning the television off, Michael slid out from under her, taking her into his arms and carrying her up the stairs.

“Is it over?” she mumbled into his shirt, her hand coming to rub the sleep from her eyes.

“Nope, you fell asleep, Babe,” Michael whispered.

“Sorry,” Sydney said groggily as they reached her room.

He didn’t even have to turn on the light switch, being able to maneuver himself around the room in the dark like he had in the past, to set her safely on the bed. He laughed quietly at her. “Only you could fall asleep during a horror movie.”

She exhaled heavily with a smile as he began to walk out of the room. Turning to face the light from the hallway, she reached an arm out to him. “Stay with me,” she asked, her eyes still closed.

Wordlessly, Michael crawled into bed next to Sydney, wrapping his arms around her. “Goodnight,” he whispered, pressing a kiss to the side of her head. Before long, he’d followed her into dreamland.

PMs will be sent out in a minute.
Hope you liked it!

:angelnot: Ash

--EDIT--

Chapter Ten

aww that was really cute
how do you fall asleep during the ring?! its too scary to fall asleep!
great update
just so you know i didnt get a pm either
-k

Back