'Heart Held Prisoner'

Hey you guys! I am an official newbie! This is my first ever fan fic! Hope you like it – it’s a Sarkney kinda smut… Anyway, it’s kinda hard to describe without embarrassing myself, so I won’t any further! Please read, review and enjoy! ~ Jen

‘HEART HELD PRISONER’

Part 1

Sydney stared at her empty glass moodily. Propping her chin up on her hands, she lowered her arms till they were lying flat on the top of the bar. Looking deep into the glass, the crowded room looked blurred and distorted. Just like her life was, she thought bitterly.

“No matter how hard you stare at it, it won’t fill up again unless you ask for another.”

Sydney turned around, startled, to see Sark standing behind her with his trademark smirk already in place. “What do you want?” she asked sullenly, turning away from him.

“Tsk, tsk, so suspicious today Ms. Bristow,” he said sitting down beside her, “and what if I were to say that I just wanted to enjoy the pleasure of your company?”

“I would say that I don’t usually keep the company of murderers,” Sydney muttered, lowering her voice slightly.

“Neither do it, I must say,” he said musingly, running a hand through his hair, “usually they are just arsonists, extortionists, thieves, kidnappers, blackmailers, assassins, spies… You know the type surely?”

“Just go away Sark, I’m really not in the mood, OK?” Sydney said, pushing away her glass and getting up.

“Surely you’re not leaving so soon?”

Leaning in close to his face, she said dangerously softly, “Don’t push me Sark, otherwise I swear to God, I will kick your ass.”

Leaving through the back exit, she breathed in sharply, shaking away the fogginess of the warm, smoky bar, and shivered. Leaning against the wall, she closed her eyes and tried to think of somewhere she could go. Somewhere where nobody would know who she was. Somewhere where nobody could find her.

“Meditating are we? Never pictured you as the Buddhist type.”

“Right, that’s it!” she cried, her eyes snapping open, “I’ve had it with you! I’ve had it with your smart-ass comments, your cockiness, your…” she paused, with a frustrated growl, “I am gonna teach you a lesson you will never forget!”

Walking out into the middle of the alleyway, she turned around to face him. “C’mon then Sark, come and show me what you’ve got!”

Pursing his lips, Sark looked up at the black sky and wrinkled his nose with disdain. “It’s raining…”

“No it’s not,” she said, her clothes already clinging to her body and her hair streaming with tiny rivulets of water, “it’s just drizzling. What, you’re not afraid of a bit of rain are you?”

“Fine, but you asked for it.” Sark replied, stepping out of the shelter and into the pouring rain.

Sydney gave him no time to think and lunged at him immediately with a punch to his head. Sark blocked it without hurting her, and the fight continued in this manner: Sydney attacking viciously and Sark defending himself. Sydney, upon noticing this, became if possible, even more furious and she made a well-aimed kick at his nether region. Sark blocked it with a smirk, caught her ankle and tipped her onto the floor. Sydney got up straight away and flew at him again. She tried to punch him, but he caught her hand. Exhausted now, she tried with her left, but he caught and held that one too.

Damnit, she thought, rainwater coursing down her cheeks, he’s beaten me. That arrogant little son of a b**** has actually beaten me… I’m never gonna live this down…

Defeated, Sydney dropped her head and closed her eyes in weariness. “I hate you,” she whispered softly.

Suddenly, without any warning, Sark leaned forward and kissed her roughly on the lips. As his cold lips met hers, Sydney could feel her insides melting but she didn’t know why. It took her confused brain a few moments to register that Sark was kissing her. OH MY GOD! Her head screamed. WHY ARE YOU KISSING HIM?! ARE YOU MAD? STOP IT NOW!

Unfortunately, her mouth didn’t seem to be obeying her head, and because her hands were still being held by Sark, she pushed up to him with her body, aching for more. As if he knew exactly what she wanted, Sark opened his mouth slightly and used his tongue to prise an entrance into hers. Sydney’s mind was swirling. She didn’t know what to do, she didn’t know what to think…

This whole situation was just so screwed up! She was kissing her worst enemy, the man she hated most on the planet, in an alleyway, in the pouring rain, and she was actually enjoying it! God! she thought, her tongue caressing his, what the hell am I doing? She wanted to pull him in closer, to have his body next to hers, but her hands were still being held as firmly as they were before. What Sydney did not realise however, was that it wasn’t her body that was being held prisoner, it was her heart.

Sark was the one who finally broke the kiss. Drawing back slowly, he smiled at her a little and said, “Yes, I can see that.”

Releasing her arms, he straightened his dripping suit and touched her gently on the arm. “You’d better get inside Sydney, you’ll catch your death of cold out here.”

Turning round, he started to walk out of the alleyway. After a few steps, he turned around to look at her, and saw that she hadn’t moved, but was still standing in the same spot staring at him. “Go on,” he said, “or did my kiss immobilise you too?”

Sydney shook herself, touched her lips almost in wonder and, after a last glance in his direction, she went inside.

Feeling inexplicably happy, Sark turned around again and sauntered back down the alleyway. He was astounded at himself however, when he started whistling.

It's great! though i'm not a S/S fan... -_- it was good. there's one problem though since it looks like there'll be smut to come.... Must move to R-rated Fiction.

Moving...

--Mandy :angelic:

i really like it too! hehe. i'm also more for s/v but this was good. haha make vaughn jealous syd! and i little fling with sark would kill him! lol. yeah sark is quite the hot one! lol not as hot as vartan tho i must say :P

Thanks for reading guys! Sorry for the HUMUNGOUS delay, but I wasn’t sure about posting here again cause of the… * Cough * Lack of response… You guys aren’t very Sark-friendly are you? Anyway, to those luvverly people who did review, I’m posting this next bit just for you!

Frostchik9 – Yup, I’m finally adding more! Glad you liked it!

mystery_chick – Really? You’re not an S/S fan? Oh well, your loss, I s’pose… Since you’ve moved it to the R-rated section, I suppose there’ll have to be smut to come, won’t there!

Countess_Glam – Sark’s a lot of a honey!!!

Alias_Unknown – Glad you liked it hun! Hey wait a minute, didn’t you review my fic somewhere else?

Jen-Jen – V. happy you liked it! I’ll PM you ASAP!

TephieD – * Sigh * Me too, me too…

aliasbabe87 – Thank you, thank you, thank you! S/S forever! Woohoo!

Double Agent – I promise you, by the time I’ve finished this fic, you’ll think that Sark is waaaaay hotter than Vaughn!

Yeah, I know this part is totally screwed up coz Syd’s with Vaughn and she’s still in SD-6, but it has to be like that. Just trust me, OK? As ever please read and enjoy! ~ Jen

Part 2

Sydney looked up just as Sloane finished detailing the plans of her next mission. “Sydney, you and Sark will be leaving tomorrow. 5pm sharp.”

Sliding her the black folder that contained specific information about her assignment, Sloane stood up and smiled. “Good luck.”

Sydney sat and stared at the table until almost everyone had left. Almost everyone. “Sark?” she said, just as he was about to leave, “Can I talk to you for a minute?”

“Of course,” he said, sitting back down into the chair next to her.

Closing the door for privacy, Sydney took a deep breath and swivelled her chair round to face him. He did the same, facing her. “Sark…”

“Yes?” he said, raising an eyebrow.

“I… I need to tell you that… this can’t go… um… any further…”

“What can’t go any further?”

“You know…” Sydney said, shifting around her seat in agitation. Sark still had an expression of amused bewilderment on his face, so she tried again. “You know, the…”

Helplessly she gestured at her mouth.

“Ah, the kiss, that’s what you mean, isn’t it?”

“Yes!” she exclaimed, relieved. But her relief was short-lived.

“Why?”

“Why what?” she said, her smile quickly fading.

“Why can’t it go any further?”

“You know why!” Sydney said, her brow furrowing in confusion, “Because, because we’re enemies!”

“Mm hmm,” Sark said, clearly remembering her previous statement which had run along the same lines. Sydney remembered too and she blushed.

“I’m with Vaughn!”

“Really?” Sark said interestedly, sliding down into his seat and regarding her over the pinnacles of his fingertips. His eyes shone bluer than she had ever seen them before. “And do you love Vaughn?”

“Wha…? Yes, of course I love him! That, that’s none of your business Sark!” Sydney said irritated, angry with herself for letting him steer the subject of conversation. It was time for her to regain control.

“My reasons are mine alone.” she said frostily, “I merely wanted to inform you that this relationship that we have will be purely professional from this day onward. There will be no personal anecdotes about an event that I now regret deeply, and there will be no, I repeat, no, enquiries into the other’s private life. Do I make myself clear?”

Sark smiled a little, then stood up. Reaching for her hand, he brought it up to his face. “Perfectly,” he breathed, touching her hand to his lips in the lightest of kisses.

Sydney stared at him mesmerised until he let her hand go. Her arm dropped to her side and she wondered that she should feel so warm inside. Slowly, she looked up, but he was gone. Sydney kicked herself for being such a fool and resolved to see Sark the least number of times possible. And speak to him even less.

The spell was broken.

Even in the gloom of the warehouse, Sydney could see that Vaughn was genuinely concerned. “Look,” he said, touching her arm, “this is really dangerous. We still don’t know if we can trust Sark, and I don’t like leaving you alone with him, more than necessary.”

Sydney had told Vaughn all about her next mission, and who her partner was.

“I won’t be alone,” Sydney replied, trying to smile, “you’ll have audio and video contact won’t you?”

“No,” he said, running his hands through his hair in agitation, “there’ll be nothing. Absolutely zilch. Once you get to Russia, we’ll have to cut all contact. Kendall thinks it’s just far too risky.”

Whew, thank God, Sydney thought, secretly relieved, who knew what Sark might say (or do), after their meeting that day? A flashback of Sark’s mouth against hers popped unbidden into her mind, and she coloured slightly.

“So… Are you sure you’re fine with it? I can try to get Kendall to reconsider if you want.” Vaughn said, interrupting her thoughts.

“No, no, I’ll be fine,” Sydney said reassuringly, smiling weakly at him.

“OK then,” Vaughn said, looking relieved. He leaned in for a kiss on the lips and Sydney fell into his embrace readily.

As his lips met hers, Sydney felt her mind wandering – what was she going to pack for her next mission? How would be able to avoid Sark as much as possible if he was going to be in her face for the next two days? What should she cook for dinner?

Sydney realised that she had practically stopped kissing Vaughn by now, but her boyfriend/handler seemed oblivious to this, so after a few more moments of contemplation, Sydney disentangled herself from his arms and whispered, “See you when I get back.”

Please add more! I never used to think about Syd and Sark til Vaughn married Lauren... I just can't wrap my head around that one. :smiley: But I can actually see it, the two of them Syd and Sark, they are so alike. plus it doesn't hurt that she hates him ooooh and that accent of his.. yum..

Lovely. I read this on SD-1 just yesterday and it was great. The way you write makes it really easy to imagine the scene and the yummy Sark. :P Good job!

I must agree that I like it, but I'm not a S/S fan. I'm and S/V fan, but this story is great. I like it. You are an excellent writer. Just please don't make Sydney go with Sark. Can I get a pm when you update, it's great!

Love ya,

Penny :angelic:

wow...loved it,i love sark hes so cute,and his accent!!
anywayz your a good writer,so keep it up.
pm me when you've written more,please.
thanks (y) :P :D

ph pl can you PM when you get more written i love sark eh's such a hotty and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sark did i mention sark!!! drool pooling around ankels :blush: :D

hmmm...I like it! I truly want it to end up S/V. but I also love Sark. I think it's the eyes...no maybe his nose...well I think he's just hot as hell.

Back