Heath Ledger

Oh dear good God.
Heath was and is absolutely one of the greatest actors in the universe , if not the best.
He is my favorite actor as most of you already know and even mentioning his name still brings tears to my eyes.
I cried for him almost everyday last year.
Enough about me though.
He was probably the most devoted person to his job in the world and he was definitely the man of all characters. With The Dark Knight he was a pyschotic villain, with Brokeback Mountain he was a sensitive cowboy who hid all of his true feelings beneath his rough-looking cover and in the Brothers Grimm , he was the shy and rather slow yet courageous brother of Matt Damon. Like the famous Alias tagline ,*he* could be whoever he wanted. Because he knew how to feel , how to think , how to react the way his characters did. He didn't act , he literally lived through his characters and that was what probably wore him out. I don't want to get into conspiracy theories about how portraying the Joker made him go into depression and all and I would like to state that I absolutely don't believe that he committed suicide , and neither that his death was an accident.
I also think that he deserved the Oscar he won posthumously long before TDK. Though I haven't watched Capote and can't really comment on Phillip Seymour Hoffman's performance , Heath was truly the one to win 2006 Oscars with his marvellous Ennis Del Mar. Anyways , at least his stunning performance as the Joker was appropiately appreciated. If only the world realized his worth before he passed away.
Heath had a long, long way to go and many things to succeed in. He could have changed the whole cinema industry. Just at the top of his carreer he has managed to carve unforgettable performances in our minds , think of the things he could've done if he lived. Besides these, he was a great father whose love for daughter Matilda was even more intense than his passion for his job.
We are so unlucky to lose such a great guy so early. He had so much energy , so much will to shoot new movies and accomplish things in life. It is utterly devastating that our last consellation is the movie "The İmaginarium of Dr. Parnassus" that he hasn't even got to finish.
I tell to myself that you were an angel and you needed to get back where you belong. May your soul rest in peace , Heath.

Back