Horror Helix (SyFy with Ron Moore)

Alien Soup

Head Chef
The SyFy Channel has placed an order for 13 episodes of Helix by Ron Moore. It is a 'straight-to-series' order meaning that instead of the traditional method of shooting a pilot first and then shopping the pilot around the network made the commitment upfront for at least 13 episodes.

Helix is described as...
An intense thriller about a team of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control who travel to a high-tech research facility in the Arctic to investigate a possible disease outbreak, only to find themselves pulled into a terrifying life-and-death struggle that holds the key to mankind’s salvation or total annihilation.
Moore is known to sci-fi fans for this 2004 reboot of Battlestar Galactica (BSG) and later its Caprica prequel spin-off. Battlestar Galactica went on to become a huge hit for the network while Caprica was cancelled after one season.

Sorry, BSG fans, there is no connection to the BSG character Helix and the new show. ;)

Anybody watching Helix?

I watched the first season. What a slog! I frequently defended this series throughout its run but that last quarter or so was pitiful beyond belief. To the extent that I feel I wasted my time on the whole thing.

I've been told the new season starts in the US tonight, not sure how I feel about watching more of this to be honest. The base in season 1 was almost a character in itself, now it looks like they are moving it to a 'generic jungle island' which doesn't fill me with excitement but I'll probably watch a few episodes to see how it pans out :rolleyes:

The first season was a bit hit and miss. They needed a better Director for the "zombie" scenes and got to say the conspiracy was pretty trite at best. The second season is a freaking nightmare, they are attempting to be way too clever, have lost interest.