Horror Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008)

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Title: Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Tagline: Believe it or not... He's the Good Guy.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Horror, Science Fiction

Director: Guillermo del Toro

Cast: Ron Perlman, Selma Blair, Doug Jones, John Alexander, Seth MacFarlane, Luke Goss, Anna Walton, Jeffrey Tambor, John Hurt, James Dodd, Brian Steele, Andrew Hefler, Kamarás Iván, Mike Kelly, Jeremy Zimmermann, Santiago Segura, Roy Dotrice, Aidan Cook, Jeanne Mockford, Montse Ribé, Elek Ferenc, Alex McSweeney, Justin Pierre, Matthew O'Toole, Jamie Wilson, Clive Llewellyn, Sándor Svigelj, Brian Herring, Pálma Pásztor, Jimmy Kimmel, Tim Flavin, Belinda Henley, Blake Perlman, Matt Rippy, Judit Viktor, Szonja Oroszlán, Michael Mehlmann, Todd Williams, Beatrice Zentai, Peter Horkay, Richard Rifkin, Guillermo del Toro, Tim Larsen, Gavin McKenzie, Julia Papp

Release: 2008-07-11

Runtime: 120

Plot: Hellboy must stop an elven prince from locating an ancient force that can destroy humanity: the all-powerful Golden Army.
Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008)

As a fan of the original Hellboy movie I was happy to see that the sequel was actually going to be made since there was talk of the sequel being either an animated movie or possibly a totally different media.

The sequel, named Hellboy II: The Golden Army, is coming in 2008 with all of the original characters except for Agent John Myers (Rupert Evans).

Trailers for the sequel are hitting the net and after viewing the trailer (see below) I am both happy and a bit confused. Happy to see the sequel but confused as to why the main villains are the Morlocks from The Time Machine remake a few years ago? I know, I know... they aren't supposed to be Morlocks but the resemblance is uncanny.

Morlock from The Time Machine
1672426413026.png

For me this is great news, i loved the first film, so to see this trailer has put a smile on my face, i had no idea it was being made, it just goes to show i've spent too long away from this forum, i apologise to all concerned and i'm glad to be back!

Neary, welcome back. If you haven't visited for a while you may have noticed we suffered a SQL crash while you were gone :( but everybody is putting their best foot forward to rebuild.

The original Hellboy movie is one of my favorite guilty-pleasures as well. It so very nicely reminded me of the old 50's & 60's type of sci-fi movies that I used to love watching as on kid in the 70's on Saturday afternoon TV. From the movie I also tracked down some of the comics to read as well.

You can be sure that I'll be out there watching the sequel when it's released. The Mrs. may not be too eager to join me but we compromise.... I go with her to watch Brad Pitt & Tom Cruise movies and she joins me for my movies. :smiley:

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army

Starring:

Ron Perlman, Selma Blair, Doug Jones, Jeffrey Tambor, LadislavBe...

Review:

Granted, Guillermo del Toro's sequel to his 2004Hellboy is not a work of art like his Oscar-winning Pan's Labyrinth. But his latest spin on Mike Mignola's vividly drawn Dark Horse comic series sure is a surprise package of fun, fright and untamed imagination. If you're looking for a creature feature, you've found nirvana. Things that go squish in the night? Del Toro's got a million of them, and I mean that literally. There's a scene at the Troll Market that almost equals the cantina scene in Star Wars, the first one when George Lucas still knew how to do it. "I'm not a baby, I'm a tumor,"sasses something being coddled in a mother's arms. Yowsa! Then there's the cigar-chomping, crime fighting super freak Hellboy himself, played again by Ron Perlman with face red, fist massive and horns that...

Rating:
3 Stars

(Via Rolling Stone)