Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Hello, Bran New Member

Discussion in 'Welcome - Introduce Yourself!' started by Slobodan-Dan S, May 31, 2014.

1. Slobodan-Dan S

Slobodan-Dan S Cadet

Hi my name is Slobodan (means "the one who is free) but my friends call me Dan. I was born in a small village in Serbia. I'm a huge scifi fan and I just started writing as well.

Looking forward to meeting new members here.

2. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

Dan, welcome to the community! :)

What types of sci-fi do you prefer? Any Serbian sci-fi books/movies that you would recommend that people might not know about?

3. Slobodan-Dan S

Slobodan-Dan S Cadet

To be honest I have never read a scifi book in Serbian, just what they had me read in school, all the books in Serbian where from like from Arthur Clark etc.. (in Serbian). I usually read in English on Kindle or Audible. And to be honest now that I think about it I don't know any Serbs writing scifi :)

4. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

Wow, I never would have guessed that! What genres tend to be popular then from Serbian writers?

5. Slobodan-Dan S

Slobodan-Dan S Cadet

To be honest with you Kevin I have never met a Serbian author, I was thinking after I finish a few more books to host an Author meetup in Belgrade just to meet a few. I don't know a single one.