Hello everyone

budman

budman
I just published my first book on amazon.com. Its called Rays of Deception and it is a military scifi with lots of action and adventure. Its one of those kind of books that you just can't put down once you start reading.

I just published my first book on amazon.com. Its called Rays of Deception and it is a military scifi with lots of action and adventure. Its one of those kind of books that you just can't put down once you start reading.

Congrats on the successful publishing of your first book. You'll have to let us know what the experience of self publishing is like. I've tried to steer my wife and her writing talents to self publishing, but's she's a little apprehensive about it. Anyway, good luck and I will look for Rays of Deception the next time I hop on Amazon. Happy New Year to everyone as well. Hope 2012 brings you peace, joy and success.

I went with smashwords and am quite happy. The book 'First Contact' was available within minutes on their website and will make its way to other libraries soon enough. www.terranchronicles.com has a lot more info for those interersted. I would have to say that self publishing is a great concept, your wife should go that route. :smiley:

Reit me again

self publishing is the first and least expensive method. I published my book thru createspace. And by doing all the editing myself it didnt cost really anything. The next step is marketing your book. Thats what takes the time. since you don't have a publisher that what you have to do. talking to people and such works too.

tell your wife to go for it. make sure she has her copyright done first and then go from there. always persue your dreams

there are authors on this forum, wow this is the closest I have ever been to an author. Hmmm maybe I should write a book. Just finished five of the game of thrones books. Talks about going nowhere.

Back