Hello Folks!

CosmicMind

Moonman
My name is Ryan and I'm new to this message board.

I've been on many forums (mostly playstation/ nintendo) and I've gotten the boot from many of them because of my Sci-Fi/Geek Culture mindset, mostly in part because most people on those forums aren't familiar with Doctor Who, String Theory, John Carter of Mars and Neil deGrasse Tyson and so they label me as a 'troll' or a 'weirdo'.

It is with great pleasure that I discovered this forum as I had no idea that a forum dedicated to sci-fi interest even existed. My love for science and sci-fi goes all the way back to my childhood as I developed a love for the NASA space program at the age of five (born in 1988) when my father introduced me to videos of the Apollo Space Program to the moon and to the William Shatner/ L. Nimoy Star Trek TOS. I also love animation and I'm currently enjoying Young Justice, Star Wars The Clone Wars and Adventure Time. I really love the new ThunderCats reboot as well.

Good evening CosmicMind, nice to meet you.

I know what you mean when you mentioned those one dimensional sites that label people, don't let them bother you, all they want to talk about are games. But here you can chat about almost everything in and out of this world. As for myself, I contribute heavily in the "Alien Soup" section, I've had a big interest on the subject of ufology since the early 1980's, besides movies and music.

Ryan, welcome to Cool Sci-Fi!

Don't worry, you'll never got the boot from here! In fact, it sounds like from your list of likes that you'll fit right in with our little crowd. :D

Starbeast from Planet X, I totally love your user name! Also, do u enjoy the History Channel show UFO Files?

Unfortunately I don't have the History Channel in my satellite program package, but there's usually a UFO documentary on now-and-then. Besides I know a lot of what most of them talk about anyway.

Thanks for complimenting my user name. :smiley: :alien:

Hi Ryan! Welcome!!
Don't worry about not fitting in on those other forums. I've only been here for a short while and I feel like the forums fit like a glove.

My personal favorite topic is extraterrestrial life! I need to take a look at that show the History Channel offers!
Oh and I need to start watching Doctor Who. I always hear good things about it.

Oh and I need to start watching Doctor Who. I always hear good things about it.

I truly love Doctor Who! Matt Smith's Doctor is unlike anything we've seen so far! It's so revolutionary and very quirky and childish. I also enjoy David Tennant's Doctor but Smith's takes the cake.

@Starbeast from Planet X, if you have iTunes or either an iPad or iPod Touch then you can download History Channel programs that way or there is Hulu.com and Sony's PSN.

Back