Hello from Kent, UK

drewwagar

Cadet
Hi Folks,
I've been a lurker for many months, but thought I'd sign up and say hello. I'm a published sci-fi author having worked may way along from fan-fiction, into short stories and recently (and somewhat controversially) managed to grab a game tie-in license to write an official novel in the universe of Elite : Dangerous, an upcoming Pc/Mac game from Frontier Developments (due March next year).
I've been a writer since 1983 when a novel by the late Robert Holdstock (most famous for his Mythago Woods series) inspired me to start putting pen to paper. Teenage angst was the initial output, but I eventually settled down.
I've just finished the first draft of my 'Elite' novel, so taking a little bit of a breather before all the editing requests come in.
Big fan of sci-fi in general, with old skool Star Trek, Babylon Five and Firefly being the highlights video wise. And Tolkien, Iain M. Banks and Arthur C. Clarke in the ol' paperbacks.
Look forward to having a chat.
Cheers,
Drew.

Drew, welcome to our community, glad you decided to join in! :cool:

We like to support our visiting authors any way we can so at the least feel free to post links to your works.

I'm not a gamer so I'm not familiar with the Elite universe but you've got my curiosity going as to why type controversy there'd be over the novel adaption of the game.

Back