Season 4 Hello, my name is episode 4; and I'm weak

!ALIAS!

Cadet
This was definitely not one of my favorite episodes. It was weak, weak, weak. At the end, was I supposed to identify with the good Dr.? I didn't feel bad she was dead, she was gonna frickin' kill Vaughn! And the deal with the picture---!?!?! Jack's all secretive: "I can't tell you who the baby is I've never seen that picture before put it away or I'll gouge your eyes out!" Slow down robotronic Jack. Poor Nadia. She don't know what she in for! The beginning was good with the whole, "I can't find my bird." After that, whoosh....down hill baby.

I think you're being a bit too over the top. This ep was not the best ep I have seen nor a great one but it was still average and the good eps start with ep 7 and ep 8 because then we'll get Sark and Anna and Rambaldi. (y)

I'm not saying I hated it. I mean I love Alias, don't get me wrong, and it had its good moments, but this ep was just bad. I miss the cliffhangers.

I have to agree, it was not one of the best episodes, it wasn't even that interesting. But I think what the writers are trying to do is lure a new audience in by making the episodes more self contained.
It does annoy me that these episodes haven't touched on anything from the previous seasons, except for Vaughn's speech.
With having the first few episodes containing less material than last season, I think the producers are hoping to gain more viewers by tring to make it easier for them to understand. It makes sense actually, even though it annoys most viewers that have been ALIAS fans for a while. But it will get better, we'll just have to wait until they bring the whole Rambaldie story back, they can't just drop that story. :smiley:

Was it me or did it seem like Vaughn kind of liked that nurse lady person. When she died he just seemed heart broken or something. I may be reading too much into it, but he seemed sad that she died

I thought this ep was good. I think they're lives have changed dramticly since the show began, and it was just dumb to try and keep it the same when the people were the same.

When she died I think Vaughn was said, yeah, but I don't think it was becuase he liked her. I think he felt situationly connected to her, (lauren, her brother) and in a way her out loud, " I forgive you" wasn't becuase she got stabbed, I think she was trying to tell him he was ok, about Lauren. I think maybe he'll be able to move on now.

People keep saying the writers are trying to draw in new audience members, but I feel they really aren't. They have lost their minds because they don't know where to go with the season. They over did it with season 3 and lost a lot of people because of it. They are bringing in a whole new story line and it doesn't follow anything to due with past episodes.

I like that the episodes are more "self-contained". It got a littlee bit hectic in previous seasons sometimers when there would be like 15 missions every episode. Now that there is only one, you get to meet the bad guys too, so its more fun when their asses get kicked :rolleyes:

Hey I identified with Keira. I felt bad. She was a great conflicted character; not cut-and-dried malicious.

I thought this ep was the best so far. It was most true to the style of S1 and S2.

spygal87 said:
I have to agree, it was not one of the best episodes, it wasn't even that interesting.  But I think what the writers are trying to do is lure a new audience in by making the episodes more self contained. 
It does annoy me that these episodes haven't touched on anything from the previous seasons, except for Vaughn's speech. 
With having the first few episodes containing less material than last season, I think the producers are hoping to gain more viewers by tring to make it easier for them to understand.  It makes sense actually, even though it annoys most viewers that have been ALIAS fans for a while.  But it will get better, we'll just have to wait until they bring the whole Rambaldie story back,  they can't just drop that story. :smiley:
[post="1168947"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i totally agree with everything you said! i understand that since it didnt get as high of ratings as it should have last year, the producers are trying so hard to get higher ratings that there "dumbing it down" basically so more people can understand it, so more people will watch! your right it does make sense.. but i miss the old alias! i actually enjoyed season3.. even though i hated all the pain syd had to go through with lauren.. it was still alias-style i thought. the fact that shes black ops now is cool i guess.. but i do miss seeing her in the rotunda.. the white walls and white furniture and white everything of apo is just weird... it doesnt seem like alias! i still liked the episode.. theres never actually been an alias episode that i havent liked.. i just think its really different. mainly i would just like to see the stories from season 2 and 3 continued into this season.. instead of just dropping them and starting over with new ones. vaughns speech was definitely the best throw-back to the previous seasons that we've had so far.. i thought it was really good even though the look on syds face almost killed me. oh and what was up with "when we get back maybe you should spend the night..." and then he falls asleep? hmm ok.. thats cool vaughn.. lol

It was a great episode ... I don't know why people are just questioning every week the same things over and over again ... :thinking:

you guys are just too much into every detail and you are not enjoying the show ...

I'm with Alias Gay, seriously, people are going crazy. It was a fantastic episode, even if it was self-contained. There was so much reveal on Vaughn and Nadia questioning the past, which is what we all do in the show anyway, as well as the great character driven story. It was excellent.
Its not dumbing it down at all IMO. It finally clicked why the episode was named what it was, and the weapon itself was cool as. Reminded me of T2 so I thought that was a nice comparison.
I will say that the whole show feels so different, but I'm loving these new episodes so much.

aliasfanjay said:
It was a fantastic episode, even if it was self-contained. There was so much reveal on Vaughn and Nadia questioning the past, which is what we all do in the show anyway, as well as the great character driven story. It was excellent.
[post="1170033"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I agree. I enjoyed the character development and the subtle undercurrents of the episode. It looks like Jack is digging a deeper hole for himself.

Oh, and reading V's column on last week's episode (The Awful Truth), she proposed the idea of Jack developing a relationship with Nadia so when the truth about the murder of Irina does finally surface she will be conflicted as what to do. We saw hints of that this episode...

thing about alias is that it's constantly changing. new dynamics are forming and relationships are changing. just go along for the ride. JJ hasn't forgotten what the show is about. i know after last season maybe people are a little wary of trusting JJ, but hold on... he promises an awesome season.

callsignfreelancer said:
thing about alias is that it's constantly changing. new dynamics are forming and relationships are changing. just go along for the ride. JJ hasn't forgotten what the show is about. i know after last season maybe people are a little wary of trusting JJ, but hold on... he promises an awesome season.
[post="1171994"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I know I'm not weary of anything. People need more of an open mind and perhaps give the season a bit of time.

aliasnut332 said:
I like that the episodes are more "self-contained".  It got a littlee bit hectic in previous seasons sometimers when there would be like 15 missions every episode.  Now that there is only one, you get to meet the bad guys too, so its more fun when their asses get kicked :rolleyes:
[post="1169487"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I'm also loving that we are getting a whole team mission at the beggining!

Kelly

Back