Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

1. The Dryden Experiment

The Dryden Experiment Chief Editor www.thedrydenexperiment.com

Hey all. I'm Joel Stottlemire chief editor of the Dryden Experiment www.thedrydenexperiment.com.

Just found we were getting some hits from here so I thought I'd stop by and see what was what.

Glad to be here. This is a very cool sight.

Peace,

Joel

2. screenersam

screenersam This is news, Vincenzo, NEWS!

so is DryEx a scifi background for different writers to flesh out? interesting stuff.

3. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

Joel, welcome! :)
    That is the essentials of it from my understanding of what @Tim has posted about it. Essentially a ready-made sci-fi universe to contribute & draw from instead of having to start with a clean slate. It is a pretty cool idea in that if it takes off then we could see a multitude of works, like there is for the Star Wars & Star Trek universes, but based around a mythos that is released under a creative commons license.

4. The Dryden Experiment

The Dryden Experiment Chief Editor www.thedrydenexperiment.com

Not just flesh out but build for themselves. We have a whole era in our history that started out as a bunch of notes posted by an Australian artists on her Deviant Art account. If you want a story and setting, we can give it to you. If you know what you want to write and just need to know where in the universe that's found, we got your back. Role playing rules due out this month.